Daniel Amos ~ Songs of the Heart
(The Story of Bud and Irma Akendorf)
1995 Brainstorm Artists, Intl., Produced By Terry Taylor and DA for Stunt Productions.
Executive Produvers: Ojo Taylor & Gene Eugene
Previous Album - Next Album
1. Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You (Gaudio/Crewe)
("We look back to the time when Bud first fell in love with Irma")
2. The Glory Road (Words by Taylor, Music by Daniel Amos)
("Bud, now retired, takes Irma on vacation")
3. Get Into The Bus, Aloha (Words by Taylor, Music by Daniel Amos)
("The Akendorf's witness a strange occurence at a rest stop")
4. Evangeline (Words by Taylor, Music by Daniel Amos)
("The Akendorf's get a surprise when they visit a Faith Healer our of curiosity")
5. Uneasy Liews The Head Of The Confidence Man (Words by Taylor, Music by Daniel Amos)
("Bud and Irma discuss faith and flim-flam")
6. The Organ Bar (Words by Taylor, Music by Daniel Amos)
(Meanwhile, in L.A., we encounter a mysterious stranger")
7. Donna Nietche And Her Super Race Of Kick Boxing Uber Parrots (Words by Taylor, Music by Daniel Amos)
("The mysterious stranger offers us a questionable proposition")
8. Our Night To Howl, Time To Go Dancing (Words by Taylor, Music by Daniel Amos)
("Bud gets frisky")
9. Sins Of The Fathers (Words by Taylor, Music by Daniel Amos)
("Back home, Bud has coffee at his favorite diner and is tempted to offer some words of wisdom")
10. Turn This Off (Words by Taylor, Music by Daniel Amos)
("Bud complains about today's music and the state of the world")
11. Loveland (Words by Taylor, Music by Daniel Amos)
("Relieved to be back home, the Akendorf's find a better view of the world from their love seat")
12. When Everyone Wore Hats (Words by Taylor, Music by Daniel Amos)
("The Akendorf's reminisce")
13. My Hand To God (Words by Taylor, Music by Daniel Amos)
("The mysterious stranger reappears as Bud says his last goodbye to Irma")
Terry Taylor: On Vocals and Guitar
Greg Flesch: At the Organ, (Greg also plays Guitar, Accordion, and other assorted musical instruments)
Tim Chandler: On Bass, Trombone and Guitar
Jerry Chamberlain: On Guitar
Ed McTaggart: On Drums and Percussion
Special cameo appearance by guest musician Gene Eugene on the Keyboards
Engineered by Terry Taylor and Gene Eugene
Recorded at The Green Room, Huntington Beach, CA
Additional Recording at Desert Moon, Anaheim, CA
Mixed by Gene Eugene at the Green Room, and the Mixing Lab, Garden Grove, CA
Cover Photo by George Jordan
Art Direction and Layout by Ed McTaggart at the Color Edge, Costa Mesa, CA and Tom Gulotta at Patton Brothers, San Diego, CA
This album is dedictated to the memory of Bud and Irma Akendorf.
All songs 1995 Twitchen Vibes Music (ASCAP), except "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You" Arrangement 1995 Twitchen Vibes Music All Rights Reserved.
International Copyright Secured. Used By Permission.
The Story of Bud and Irma Akendorf
"Bud and Irma Akendorf are pictured on the front cover close to their home in beautiful Oak Creek Canyon tucked in the tall pines of northern Arizona. Surrounding the picturesque western village of Sedona these soaring red sentinels of ageless sandstone guarding the quiet waters of Oak Creek are a constant reminder of the mighty, creative hand of God. In such settings, these "Songs of the Heart" seem to rise unbidden. Daniel Amos tells us the story of Bud and Irma -- their memories, joys, sorrows,pains, sufferings, dreams and unrealized expectations... and above all, their enduring faith and love. Here in this music "film", we may find parallels to our own lives and discover our personal song of the heart. It is to this hope, and the memory of Bud and Irma we dedicate this recording."
On this, the twentieth anniversary of Daniel Amos, we would like to thank God, our family, friends, and fans for their support and love. Lord willing, we'll do another twenty. Love you.