Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Album Cover Trivia » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Album Cover Trivia
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Little Big should be coming back at some point... its entirely a financial roadblock that keeps it from happening immediately. Right now, all of our production budgets are going into other things (including the Eddies still, believe it or not...) but once things open up a bit, that one would be an easy one to bring back.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-29-2007 21:42 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sign me up for a copy. Big Grin

08-29-2007 21:43 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

fergot about that area of the site-

heres what I read in the 86 newsletter concerning FS..

SPECIAL NOTE:
In the next DA Newsletter, solve the iAlarma! Chronicles album insert window puzzle and win a special prize.

the next letter is the Eddies in 1989.- I couldnt find it in the subequent letters so far ( though I got a few laughs from what I did read..thx!)

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
08-29-2007 22:57 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
fergot about that area of the site-

heres what I read in the 86 newsletter concerning FS..

SPECIAL NOTE:
In the next DA Newsletter, solve the iAlarma! Chronicles album insert window puzzle and win a special prize.

the next letter is the Eddies in 1989.- I couldnt find it in the subequent letters so far ( though I got a few laughs from what I did read..thx!)

The "window puzzle" was not in reference to the church window on the back of the FS sleeve, but to a recurrent graphic device which appeared on the inserts for the four original LPs of the Chronicles (containing the A!C story and the lyrics) - on the front of each insert, in one of the four corners, was a quarter of a window frame with a starry background and lettering across the front. To solve the "puzzle", one needed to acquire all four inserts and place the four window quarters together to spell out "World Vision", "Compassion International", and "Ayuda". I believe this was reproduced for the book set, but my copy is packed away somewhere after several moves, so I can't verify that. It wasn't a mind-boggler of a puzzle anyway, but there it is - the rest of the story.
08-29-2007 23:38 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

well - twas a puzzle to me- I dont own the boxset:

a. place butt in front of own foot
b. kick vigorously
c. repeat until you learn

Thanks for clearing that up for me- the unread.

08-30-2007 07:45 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

Cool GooD Info. Smile

08-30-2007 08:04 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
navfox navfox is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

images/avatars/avatar-448.gif

Registration Date: 06-17-2002

Question Da Quiz-a-rooni Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Any one have the answers to these questions off the Doppelgang Newsletter 1986 ?

DA QUIZ-A-ROONI
1. Who is the unidentified man on the right side of the Vox Humana front cover?
2. Which song on Doppelganger was inspired by Terry's dog Holland?
3. How many children does Ed McTaggart have and what are their names?
4. Who is the unidentified man on the cover of Fearful Symmetry?
5. What will be the title of the next DA album to be released in mid-1987? (Clue: the title can be found in the album liner notes of Fearful Symmetry)
08-30-2007 08:24 navfox is offline Send an Email to navfox Homepage of navfox Search for Posts by navfox Add navfox to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for navfox
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

I heard a rumor (from a good source-but yet) that the man on the cover was a photographer-trying to get out of the way during a dark shooting sequence of the church window.

anyone else heard that?

08-30-2007 09:06 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
snowblind snowblind is a male
Mind Peach

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 01-29-2007

Why is he shirtless? Shocked
08-30-2007 09:11 snowblind is offline Homepage of snowblind Search for Posts by snowblind Add snowblind to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

heres where the rumor kicked in...

I was told it was really hot in the church ....(?) -
thats where I said ..uhm-OK.

but you can see the entire cover is artworked-so it could have been taken from an actual image (therefore the streaks of exposure left intact.)

08-30-2007 09:32 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

RE: Da Quiz-a-rooni Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by navfox

Tony Shore told me it was HiM Tongue check out those Deltoids Shocked

08-30-2007 09:35 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

RE: Da Quiz-a-rooni Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Any one have the answers to these questions off the Doppelgang Newsletter 1986 ?

DA QUIZ-A-ROONI
5. What will be the title of the next DA album to be released in mid-1987? (Clue: the title can be found in the album liner notes of Fearful Symmetry)

1. Wasn't it Mark Sercomb or someone like that?
2. No idea
3. Isn't the real question how many grandkids now?
4. No idea, looks like Mike Knott.
5. Vox Robotica

08-30-2007 10:30 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
navfox navfox is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

quote:
heres where the rumor kicked in...

I was told it was really hot in the church ....(?) -
thats where I said ..uhm-OK.

Sounds fishy to me.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by navfox: 08-30-2007 12:57.

08-30-2007 12:55 navfox is offline Send an Email to navfox Homepage of navfox Search for Posts by navfox Add navfox to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for navfox
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Lur King
quote:

Tony Shore told me it was HiM Tongue check out those Deltoids Shocked

Was he yelling "Stop Surfing?" Tongue

08-30-2007 13:12 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

LATEST reports on Tony say he says
No it was not me.

I tend to think the FS guy was the result of something somewhat accidental..dont know the real whatup-
I think the rumor is based on some truth however.
anyone?
anyone?

08-30-2007 13:21 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-509.jpg

Registration Date: 03-27-2002

On the Motorcycle cover whose the Dude on top of the ballon with a ring around him and holding a flame? The Jesus?

08-30-2007 13:58 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
navfox navfox is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

quote:
WHAT!

DA QUIZ-A-ROONI

I think its "Memory Lane"
08-30-2007 14:29 navfox is offline Send an Email to navfox Homepage of navfox Search for Posts by navfox Add navfox to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for navfox
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

Rob Watsons brother

Dunno - Mall (All Over The World)?

You mean other than Greg? Big Grin Big Grin

Ed. Again. Feeling Terry's wrath.

Vox Robotica

08-30-2007 18:57 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
LATEST reports on Tony say he says
No it was not me.

I may be a smartass!Tongue

09-14-2007 12:11 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

hey dennis!
hows life in the lil apple?

09-14-2007 12:16 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Album Cover Trivia

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH