- Riki Michele's Surround Me is released on Galaxy 21. Tim Chandler played bass on the album.
- Randy Stonehill's Edge of the World is released on Fair Oaks Records. Randy records "Far, Far" - a song that was written by Randy and Terry years earlier for Riki Michele.
- Mike V & the Rats released their self-titled album on Indecision Records. Ed McTaggart handled art direction for the project.
- Tim Chandler, Derri Daugherty, Steve Hindalong and Dan Michaels (the Choir) are nominated for a Grammy Award for their album, Flap Your Wings.The album is nominated in the Best Rock Gospel Album Category.
January 26-27, 2002
- Terry Taylor, Rob Watson and Theo enter Rob's home studio to begin recording Come As A Child or Not At All.
- Work begins on the Swirling Eddies' Spittle & Phlegm DVD.
- Not Lame Records releases a Jeff Lynne Tribute album, Lynne Me Your Ears, which includes a track ("Message From The Country") performed by Jerry Chamberlain (The Balls of France).
February 5, 2002
- Fernando Ortega's Storm is released on Sony/Word Records. Tim Chandler played bass guitar.
February 19, 2002
- City On A Hill: Sing Alleluia is released. It features the song "Lift Up Your Hearts : Sursum Corda," which was written by Steve Hindalong and Terry Scott Taylor in 2000 ; Tim Chandler played bass guitar; the albums choir included Terry, Phil Keaggy, Mac Powelll, Phil Madeira, Wayne Kirkpatrick, Christine Byrd, Marc Byrd, Nicohole Nordeman, and others.
February 27, 2002
- Tim and Maria Chandler - along with Steve and Nancy Hindalong, Dan and Lisa Michaels, Derri and Marlei Daugherty - travel to California to attend the Grammy Awards Ceremony. The Choir's album, Flap Your Wings was nominated for the Best Rock Gospel album of the Year.
- Terry writes an article for HM Magazine, about the death of John Lennon. ("Here I Am... There You Are ("Imagine No John Lennon")")
- Terry Taylor is interviewed for 1340mag.com. "Interview with Terry Taylor"
March 14, 2002
- Fine China's You Make Me Hate Music is released on Tooth and Nail Records. The album was Recorded and Produced by Jason Martin and Terry Taylor.
March 15, 2002
- The Lost Dogs perform at Alice Cooper's club, Cooperstown in Phoenix, AZ.
Set List: Wild Ride, Imagine That, Bullet Train, A Certain Love, In the Distance, A Vegas Story, Eleanor, It's Raining Now, Golden Dreams,
Amber Waves Good-bye, The Great Divide, Smokescreen, Built for Glory, Made To Last, Three Legged Dog, Bad Indigestion, Why is the Devil Red, Breathe Deep, Joel
March 16, 2002
- The Lost Dogs perform at Trinity Baptist Church in Fort Worth, TX.
- The Lost Dogs perform at Club DaDa in Dallas, TX.
March 17, 2002
- The Lost Dogs perform at the Acoustic Coffee Lounge in Colorado Springs, CO.
Set List: In The Distance, Wild Ride, Imagine That, Bullet Train, A Vegas Story, Eleanor, It's Raining Now, Golden Dreams, The Great Divide,
A Certain Love, Three Legged Dog, Bad Indigestion, Why Is The Devil Red?, You Gotta Move, Breathe Deep, Joel
March 18, 2002
- The Lost Dogs perform at the Soiled Dove in Denver, CO.
Set List: In The Distance, Wild Ride, Imagine That, Bullet Train, A Vegas Story, Eleanor It's Raining Now, Golden Dreams, The Great Divide,
A Certain Love, Three Legged Dog, Bad Indigestion, Why Is The Devil Red?, Ain't Gonna Fight It, Breathe Deep, Joel, It's Only Love, Let's Spin!, Lovely Man, Pretend I'm Elvis (For Just One Night), You Gotta Move
Late March 2002
- The Lost Dogs spend some time in Phil Madeira's studio in Nashville writing and recording some new material, including something for the Come As A Child or Not At All project.
Early April 2002
- Members of Terry's Avocado Club receive their first CD of previously unreleased home recordings. The disc is entitled Avocado Club Exclusive 1
April 21, 2002
- The Lost Dogs perform a short set at 12th and Porter in Nashville, TN. with Tim Chandler and Dennis Holt. Other performers included Riki Michelle, Pillar, Everday Sunday, Paul Alan, & Buck Enterprises
Set List: From a Distance, Bullet Train, A Certain Love, Eleanor Its Raining Now, Free Drinks and A Dream: A Vegas Story, The Great Divide,
Bad Indegestion, Joel
Late April 2002
- The Lost Dogs record "With Me Tonight" for the upcoming Silent Planet Records Brian Wilson Tribute project & mix their new album in Nashville.
- Original DA bassist, Marty Dieckmeyer releases 2 new songs on DanielAmos.com, "Don't Worry" and "I'm In Love".
Mid June 2002
- Terry finishes work on his next solo project, Little Big.
- Preorders for DA's When Everyone Wore Hats book set are shipped.
- Silent Planet's Various Artist Tribute to Brian Wilson, Making God Smile, begins to ship to preorder customers. The project includes Terry's version of "Vegetables" and the Lost Dogs' "With Me Tonight" (2 disc version only). Terry also produced and sang on a track with Randy Stonehill, "Love and Mercy".
View Album Reviews
View Album Info & Lyrics
- Terry writes an article for HM Magazine, about the death of George Harrison. ("Here I Am... There You Are : George Harrison")
July 3, 2002
- Terry and guitarist Tom Strahle fly into St Louis and make the long drive to Bushnell, Illinois for the Cornerstone music festival with the Townsend brothers.
July 4, 2002
- Terry Taylor's Little Big goes on sale at Cornerstone.
Album Info & Lyrics
Terry: "When I first conceived of writing the songs for what eventually became the e.p. Little, Big, I had to be constantly vigilant in reminding myself to think small and intimate in regard to both the lyrics and the studio production. I mention the latter because as is my customary thought process whenever I'm writing a tune, I am simultaneously imagining its instrumental arrangement and sonic approach once I'm in the studio with whatever musical entity I'm involved with at the time. In some sense a band is playing (Lost Dogs, DA, etc.) in my head whenever I write, and I am hearing snippets of each members particular part being played. A large percentage of these mental parts do make it to the record, but of course much is open ended as well, leaving a good deal of creative space for everyone once we're rehearsing the tune and recording inside the studio itself. Little, Big was no exception. I had my dear friend, band mate, and occasional production collaborator Rob Watson in mind when I began to write the songs for Little, Big. Rob had been my coproducer on my first solo recording Knowledge and Innocence and since I felt that Little, Big would have much in common with K&I, Rob was the obvious and perfect choice for my collaborator. An added benefit of my partnership with Rob was his amazing versatility and creative prowess as a keyboardist, and since I had imagined Little, Big as a keyboard centric project, it all worked out quite nicely. Rob's home studio in Eagle Rock was (and is) the perfect place to record a small record because of it's quaint comfortableness, and since the project would not call for drum set-ups or outside musicians (Rob and I played all the parts, save for one guitar part and a female backing vocal), Rob's place was ideal for our purposes.
I owe much of the influence for Little, Big to the Friends record by The Beach Boys. Friends is filled with a number of simple little narrative songs that are of the personal 'slice of life' variety and I wanted to capture this same kind of feel with LB. The title cut was my first composition and set the tone for the rest of the record, and like the the other cuts on the LP this too was a peek into my personal, and fairly ordinary, life. At the time I really did live on 'a little street' in a 'little house.' The line about my late Father doing 'a little jig' was, as most observant fans picked up at the time, a reference to another song, (and true event), captured in Avocado Faultline's 'Papa Danced On Olvera Street.' And yes, as many of my listeners noted at the time, the title of the record is one I lifted from John Crowley, author of the book by the same title. At the time I conceived of LB, I had plans to follow it up sometime in the future with a related LP entitled, naturally, Big, Little. Men plan, God laughs. I was never able to get around to it, but who knows? Maybe one day..
- The new Spittle & Phlegm DVD goes on sale at Cornerstone, as well as new Terry Taylor tshirts, and the Father Loves the Son book, by Theo, which includes a CDR of rough mixes from the upcoming project Come as a Child.
- Terry Taylor performs music from his new EP, Little Big, at the Cornerstone Festival in Bushnell, Illinois. with Rob Watson
Set List: If You Want To, Little Big, Molly is a Metaphor, Lovely Lily Lou, Oh Sweet Companion, Rob's and Carolee's, Mama's in the Desert Daddy's in the Sky, You Lay Down
- The Lost Dogs perform an acoustic set at the Cornerstone Festival in Bushnell, Illinois.
Set List: In the Distance, Bullet Train, A Vegas Story, A Certain Love, Golden Dreams, Great Divide, Three Legged Dog, Breathe Deep
- Daniel Amos (Terry, Tim, Ed, Rob & Tom Strahle) performs at the Cornerstone Festival in Bushnell, Illinois.
Set List: Travelog, As The World Turns, If You Want To, The Incredible Shrinking Man, Youth With A Machine, William Blake, Here I Am There You Are, I Didn't Build it For Me, The Happy Wanderer, I Didn't Build it For Me Reprise, Dance Stop, New Car!, The Author of the Story, Joel, And So It Goes
July 6, 2002
- Terry Taylor performs a few songs with Theo at the Cornerstone Music Festival in Bushnell, Illinois.
- The Lost Dogs perform at the Gallery Stage at the Cornerstone Music Festival in Bushnell, Illinois.
Set List: You Gotta Move, Free Drinks and a Dream (A Vegas Story), Bullet Train, Eleanor, It's Raining Now, In The Distance, Wild Ride,
Imagine That, Golden Dreams, Three Legged Dog, Bad Indigestion, The Great Divide, Why is the Devil Red?, Breathe Deep, Joel
July 7, 2002
- Terry flies from St Louis back to Nashville, where he will spend time with the Lost Dogs mixing their next album and rehearsing for Lifest.
- Derri Daugherty's A Few Unfinished Songs is released. The EP was produced by Terry Scott Taylor and Derri Daugherty.
July 13, 2002
- The Lost Dogs (Taylor & Roe with Tim Chandler, Rob Watson & Steve Hindalong) perform at Lifest in Oshkosh, WI.
Set List: Certain Love, You Gotta Move, Vegas Story, Bullet Train, Eleanor, It's Raining Now, In the Distance, Breathe Deep
- Daniel Amos (Terry, Tim, & Rob with Mike Roe & Steve Hindalong) performs at Lifest in Oshkosh, WI.
Set List: Travelog, As the World Turns, If You Want To, The Incredible Shrinking Man, Author of the Story, New Car!, Encore: Ain't Gonna Fight It, Joel
(The Swirling Eddies at Lifest. Left to Right: Michael Roe, Tim Chandler, Steve Hindalong, Mike Stand, Terry Taylor & Rob Watson. Photo courtesy of Rob Marnocha)
- The Swirling Eddies (Terry, Tim & Rob with Mike Roe, Steve Hindalong & Mike Stand) perform at Lifest in Oshkosh, WI.
Set List: Driving In England, Let's Spin!, Hell Oh, Tiny Town, Attack of the Pulpit Masters, Strange Days, Billy Graham, Potential, Arthur Fhardy's Yodeling Party, Don't Hate Yourself, The Happy Wanderer
July 14, 2002
- Terry performs an acoustic concert at Lifest in Oshkosh, WI.
- Mark Allen Powell's Encyclopedia of Contemporary Christian Music is published. The book includes an entry on Daniel Amos and Terry Taylor.
- Terry writes an article for HM Magazine. ("Here I Am... There You Are : Buckets of Water")
September 20, 2002
- The Lost Dogs perform in Chandler, AZ at Windmill Inn Suites.
Theo Obrastoff opened the show.
Set List: 4 songs by Theo, Daydream (Derri), Wide Eyed Wonder (Derri), Bleeding (Derri), Memories (Derri), Waiting for you to come around (Derri, with Mike), Blue Sky (Mike), The Itch is Back (Mike), Sunshine Down (Mike), Lutheran Hymn (Mike), The Lust, the Flesh, the Eyes, and the Pride of Life (Mike, with Derri), Starting Monday (Terry with Mike & Derri), Papa Danced On Olvera Street (Terry with Mike & Derri), Molly is a Metaphor (Terry with Mike), Ain't Gonna Fight It (Terry with Mike & Derri), If You Want To (Terry with Mike & Derri), Wild Ride, A Certain Love, A Vegas Story, Wall Of Heaven, If You Loved Here, You'd Be Home By Now, Like Moses, In The Distance, Honeysuckle Breeze, Rebecca Go Home (Mike sang lead), If It Be Your Will , Three Legged Dog, The Green Room Serenade, Come Down Here, The Great Divide, Real Men Cry, Golden Dreams, Happy Trails (incomplete), Deeper In The Heart, Bad Indigestion, Why Is The Devil Red, Breathe Deep,
September 21, 2002
- The Lost Dogs perform in Albuquerque, NM at Joshua's Vineyard. Theo Obrastoff opened the show.
September 22, 2002
- The Lost Dogs perform in Denver, CO at the Soiled Dove
Set List: Daydream, Memories (Derri), Sunshine Down (Mike), Lutheran Hymn (Mike), Starting Monday (Terry with Mike & Derri), If You Want To (Terry with Mike & Derri), A Certain Love, A Vegas Story, Wall of Heaven, If You Loved Here, In the Distance, Rebecca Go Home, Dust on the Bible, Three Legged Dog,
The Great Divide, Real Men Cry, Wild Ride, Like Moses, Be My Hiding Place, Golden Dreams, Bad Indigestion, Why is the Devil Red?, Breathe Deep, Joel
September 23, 2002
- The Lost Dogs perform in Colorado Springs, CO at Vanguard Church
September 24, 2002
- The Lost Dogs perform in Austin, TX at Calvary Worship Center
- City On A Hill: It's Christmas Time is released on Essential Records. "It's Christmas Time" and "Holy Emmanuel" were cowritten by Terry Scott Taylor and Steve Hindalong; Terry sang on "It's Christmas Time" and provided lead vocals for "Holy Emmanuel." The albums choir included Terry, Derri Daugherty, Mac Powell, Dan Haseltine, Leigh Nash, Michael Tait, Sara Groves and others.
September 25, 2002
- The Lost Dogs perform in Austin, TX at Gateway Community Church
September 26, 2002
- The Lost Dogs perform in Houston, TX at Area 51
September 27, 2002
- The Lost Dogs perform in Dallas, TX, at The Door
September 28, 2002
- The Lost Dogs perform in Long Grove, IL at LifeOnTheVine. The entire show was filmed for a future DVD release.
October 1, 2002
- The Lost Dogs perform in Decatur, GA at Eddie's Attic
October 2, 2002
- The Lost Dogs perform in Mount Airy, NC at the andy griffith playhouse
October 3, 2002
- The Lost Dogs perform in Winchester, VA at The Exchange
Set List: A certain love, Vegas story (free drinks and a dream), Wall of heaven, If you loved here, In the distance, Rebecca go home, Dust on the bible, Three legged dog, The great divide, Real men cry, Wild ride, Like Moses, Be my hiding place, Golden dreams, Bad indigestion, Why is the devil red?, Honeysuckle breeze, If it be your will, Breathe deep, Joel
October 4, 2002
- The Lost Dogs perform in Charlotte, NC at The Evening Muse
October 5, 2002
- The Lost Dogs perform in Athens, GA at the Double Cure Coffeehouse
October 8, 2002
- Bon Voyage's The Right Amount is released on Tooth and Nail Records. Vocals for the album were produced by Terry Taylor.
October 18, 2002
- The Lost Dogs perform in Livonia, MI at the Trinity House Theatre
October 19, 2002
- The Lost Dogs perform in Seymour, IN at a Private Wedding
October 20, 2002
- The Lost Dogs perform in Lexington, KY at Central Baptist Church
October 22, 2002
- The Lost Dogs perform in Wilmore, KY at Asbury College
October 23, 2002
- The Lost Dogs perform in Williamsburg, OH at Williamsburg United Methodist Church
October 24, 2002
- The Lost Dogs perform in Camden, ME at Camden Opera House
October 25, 2002
- The Lost Dogs perform in New York, NY at All Angels' Coffeehouse
October 26, 2002
- The Lost Dogs perform in Fishkill, NY at Brandton Woods Golf Course
October 27, 2002
- The Lost Dogs perform in Harrisburg, PA at The Skoolhouse
October 28, 2002
- The Lost Dogs perform in Dayton, OH at the Canal Street Tavern
October 29, 2002
- The Lost Dogs perform in Oxford, MI at Christ the King Church
November 15, 2002
- The Lost Dogs perform in Seattle, WA with special guest Theo Obrastoff as part of the Come As A Child Or Not At All CD Release Party & Concert
November 16, 2002
- The Lost Dogs perform in Vancouver, BC with special guest Theo Obrastoff
November 17, 2002
- The Lost Dogs perform in Portland, OR at Meadow Springs Community Church
November 18, 2002
- The Lost Dogs perform in Eugene, OR at Eugene Christian Fellowship with special guest Theo Obrastoff.
December 9, 2002
Songs for the Day After Christmas
- Terry's extremely limited edition Songs for the Day After Christmas EP is released. DanielAmos.com sells out within a couple of days.