Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lo FiDeLiTy RoCkS!!!!!! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lo FiDeLiTy RoCkS!!!!!!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
nope, dig is the best.... Cool
but perfecta is a close second.... Big Grin

Joey is correct!

05-14-2003 14:55 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
quote:
nope, dig is the best.... Cool
but perfecta is a close second.... Big Grin

Joey is correct!

Yep! Big Grin

05-14-2003 14:57 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
well, the carls are wrong....
but not the first time..... Big Grin

05-14-2003 15:11 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

i would have to say that joeymark8 is wrong this time. Mad
05-14-2003 15:52 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I don't think so.

05-14-2003 16:19 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

Ummm....Nope we're right. Big Grin

05-14-2003 16:20 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

yep, sorry carls.... Cool

05-14-2003 16:24 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Evil
05-14-2003 16:25 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by BD
Evil

Roll Eyes

05-14-2003 16:27 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

ADAM AGAIN ROCKS!!!

Cool
05-14-2003 16:32 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

fair enough.... Big Grin

05-14-2003 16:56 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by servantsteve

In a New World of Time and Ten Songs sound like they are from one group and Homeboys, Dig and Perfecta sound like quite another. I like the latter style better, but the first has its own charm, too. Crying

I think that's the reason the best of album made no sense.

05-14-2003 19:15 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Homeboys should be in a place of it's own. Not that I like it better than any others, just that it is different.

05-14-2003 23:18 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
tumbleweed
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 02-19-2003

My vote is for Perfecta! Cool

tweed
05-14-2003 23:51 tumbleweed is offline Send an Email to tumbleweed Search for Posts by tumbleweed Add tumbleweed to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

In all honesty, Dig is my favorite.

05-15-2003 00:45 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by servantsteve

I dig Dig, but perfecta is Perfecta in the opinion of this homeboy

05-15-2003 06:18 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

??? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have Perfecta and really don't care for it.

Rough, underdeveloped lyrics, obscure spiritual references (if any), and not pleasing to the ear at all.

Music should challenge and draw the listener with lyrics or music or both, and this one does neither for me. I really don't understand the draw.

Am I a heretic? Or is there a grain of truth here?

05-15-2003 07:48 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

i can see that you are wrong on Perfecta- if that means you are a heretic- I got a match!
Nah- they are just different. The first I heard was 10 songs- then Homeboys and my vote was homeboys. - thought there is something about that Beat Peculiar that I couldnt shake.
then I heard Dig- and my vote was dig.- though I still was dancing around in Circles.
then I heard Perfecta- and my vote was not sure.
There are moments on all of them that grip me- I just like it all.
This happens with any great group-We all try to pick our Fave DA- and you just can't really.
I will say that IMHO- Perfecta is murky- and rough, and charged..and very sad. But in that way its so bare and honest.....

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
05-15-2003 08:03 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe
I have Perfecta and really don't care for it.

Rough, underdeveloped lyrics, obscure spiritual references (if any), and not pleasing to the ear at all.

Music should challenge and draw the listener with lyrics or music or both, and this one does neither for me. I really don't understand the draw.

Well, ALL heresy has a grain of truth to it.... That's why it works so well.... Big Grin

Anyway, I'll give you "rough" and "obscure spiritual references (if any)," but that's kind of the point. Sometimes it hurts too much to be calm let alone spiritual, and that's pretty much the point of this, I think.

But "underdeveloped," nonononononono.... "underedited," perhaps, but developed with a vengeance, to the point that you wish you could do something to help Gene to stop developing.... Crying

"Pleasing to the ear" is in the ear of the beholder, but the real draw is that this album was meant to be heard in the gut. Catharsis is seldom pretty, but it often is beautiful.

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
05-15-2003 08:13 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe

YeS

05-15-2003 08:46 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lo FiDeLiTy RoCkS!!!!!!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH