Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » bass playing question for Tim Chandler. » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page bass playing question for Tim Chandler.
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Theo
Why don't you invite Tim to play bass on a CERTAIN PROJECT! if you know what i mean

I, of course, am far too shy to bring it up! Big Grin

He would, absolutely, have free meals and lodging in Monrovia!!!

well tim?

feel up to traveling to monrovia to record bass on the project theo, jeff and myself are working on? Big Grin

03-12-2003 21:42 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i'm being completely honest about this--

i'd love to--and:

here's what my day job is like:

(and this has happened) i walk into work at 8:00 a.m.--someone hands me a plane ticket and says "uh, we need you to get on a plane in three hours--sorry, i hope that's ok"

and of course it is, that's what they need me to do

it won't always be that way, but it is right now, so it's hard to schedule anything--and weekends are just too full with my kid's stuff--i can't bare to miss any of it

sometime soon, i'll have time--and i'd honestly love to do it
03-12-2003 21:57 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Well... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Tim...we understand that Berger is pretty good at breaking into places and making mischief. So...Wes and I will pay him to substitute a ticket for Monrovia in place of whatever/where-ever it is your job wishes to send you and "violla" you're in the studio! Big Grin
03-12-2003 22:00 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Daniel Amos

could you do it next week? i have a job i'm really not looking forward to--perhaps berger and i could switch places--...good lord, what am i saying..
03-12-2003 22:06 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
could you do it next week? i have a job i'm really not looking forward to--perhaps berger and i could switch places--...good lord, what am i saying..

You really want to lose your job do you?

03-12-2003 22:08 Ron E is online Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Tim
I'm glad you enjoyed the video, now how about answering the other two questions...

1. No DA at Cornerstone? Why?

2. Is there any talk about a new DA project?

I'll hang up and listen to your comments
Thanks
Commander Cote
03-12-2003 22:09 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
somehypocriticalChrist-ian
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 02-22-2003

quote:

i have to admit that my favorite players are not guys who play from "chops," but he is one of a kind!

i understand and agree. i don't care for chops, but some people set themselves above that. i would recommend:

drums: Dave Weckel (Chick Corea)
bass: Victor Wooten (Bela Fleck)
guitar: Al di Meola(self titled)

not to you Tim, but to everyone...

that means you, go find this stuff!!!
03-12-2003 22:26 somehypocriticalChrist-ian is offline Send an Email to somehypocriticalChrist-ian Search for Posts by somehypocriticalChrist-ian Add somehypocriticalChrist-ian to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

commander Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i really don't know why da isn't playing at cornerstone--the only thing i've heard (true or not?) is that they're only inviting bands with new records? beats me

and i've talked with terry about a new da project as recently as a couple of weeks ago, but nothing set up yet--we'll see
03-12-2003 22:31 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

SO now what are we supposed to do? Sit around and wait for someone to post? Tim, what is pre-sifted flour? It implies that it will be sifted, does that mean the person who called it pre-sifted knows the future or do I just not understand what it is? Thank you. You are the Bible Answer Man aren't you?

03-12-2003 23:05 Ron E is online Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Berger Roy Al
Swirling Eddies

Registration Date: 02-14-2003

Where am I? vvgggkkxxt.

03-12-2003 23:08 Berger Roy Al is offline Send an Email to Berger Roy Al Homepage of Berger Roy Al Search for Posts by Berger Roy Al Add Berger Roy Al to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Berger Roy Al: I_am_not_insane! YIM Account Name of Berger Roy Al: I_AM_not_insane! View the MSN Profile for Berger Roy Al
somehypocriticalChrist-ian
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 02-22-2003

Ronee Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
SO now what are we supposed to do? Sit around and wait for someone to post? Tim, what is pre-sifted flour? It implies that it will be sifted, does that mean the person who called it pre-sifted knows the future or do I just not understand what it is? Thank you. You are the Bible Answer Man aren't you?

come on, this is cool. let everyone have their moment.
03-12-2003 23:09 somehypocriticalChrist-ian is offline Send an Email to somehypocriticalChrist-ian Search for Posts by somehypocriticalChrist-ian Add somehypocriticalChrist-ian to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by Berger Roy Al
Where am I? vvgggkkxxt.

There you are, taking out your wallet, purchasing our record.

03-12-2003 23:10 Ron E is online Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Berger Roy Al
Swirling Eddies

Registration Date: 02-14-2003

ppppardon?

03-12-2003 23:16 Berger Roy Al is offline Send an Email to Berger Roy Al Homepage of Berger Roy Al Search for Posts by Berger Roy Al Add Berger Roy Al to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Berger Roy Al: I_am_not_insane! YIM Account Name of Berger Roy Al: I_AM_not_insane! View the MSN Profile for Berger Roy Al
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by Berger Roy Al
ppppardon?

Twas supposed to be a half-hearted attempt at a quote from an obscure band from an obscure album from the early 80's. Not many people around here would catch it.

03-12-2003 23:18 Ron E is online Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Confused

went right over my pinhead.
03-13-2003 19:57 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
BobRobertz BobRobertz is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 03-02-2003

Mr. Chandler's Chops Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
originally posted by tchandler

i'll tell you what i DON'T like. i can't listen to my playing on vox, i just sound like i have no idea what i'm doing. and when i listen to bibleland, (a record i like a lot although i realize there are many who don't) on some of the songs i just sound way over the top--a little (or maybe a LOT) too much.

Hmmm...So many great songs to choose from, but Doppelganger is pretty solid bass work. I remember when I popped that tape in (oddly enough, I think a bought it in -gasp!- a mall!) and heard those great bass licks. The drums and bass perfectly complemented each other (you guys were tight on that record).

I hope the band rocks on for another 20 years.
03-13-2003 20:37 BobRobertz is offline Send an Email to BobRobertz Search for Posts by BobRobertz Add BobRobertz to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of BobRobertz: BobRobertz1
jwaltb
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

You made my day with that, Tim! I've been finding myself thinking that what people were reading into the opening song of MBD (ship's come in - this is it, etc.) just may be true. No mention of playing Cornerstone, no mention of something new in the works....I was beginning to wonder a bit. But this is a good thing, there's hope for tomorrow! Thanks, man.

And to get on topic with the thread, I thought your playing on MBD was really good with some nice touches. I like how you used volume swells on some of the sustained notes -can't think of the song right now - as well as your refraining from hitting a note or delaying your accents in some places. Thanks for sharing your talent.

Question for you...don't you do some of the distorted guitar work on MBD as well (along with some on the Choir stuff)? Would you like to get more into guitar at some point? What type of equipment do you use for the sounds you get? Are you into tube amps or digital? Thanks for taking my 20 questions,

JB

quote:
i really don't know why da isn't playing at cornerstone--the only thing i've heard (true or not?) is that they're only inviting bands with new records? beats me

and i've talked with terry about a new da project as recently as a couple of weeks ago, but nothing set up yet--we'll see
03-14-2003 12:46 jwaltb is offline Send an Email to jwaltb Search for Posts by jwaltb Add jwaltb to your Buddy List
jwaltb
Mind Peach

Hmmm....no replies. Hope I didn't kill the thread???Confused Confused
03-16-2003 06:51 jwaltb is offline Send an Email to jwaltb Search for Posts by jwaltb Add jwaltb to your Buddy List
BobRobertz BobRobertz is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 03-02-2003

quote:
Originally posted by jwaltb
Hmmm....no replies. Hope I didn't kill the thread???Confused Confused

I don't think it's you. Maybe Tim just didn't like Doppelganger.
03-16-2003 18:18 BobRobertz is offline Send an Email to BobRobertz Search for Posts by BobRobertz Add BobRobertz to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of BobRobertz: BobRobertz1
jwaltb
Mind Peach

Maybe it was the reference about buying their stuff in ..... a "mall"Shocked . Some type of bad association thing?

JB
03-16-2003 21:10 jwaltb is offline Send an Email to jwaltb Search for Posts by jwaltb Add jwaltb to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » bass playing question for Tim Chandler.

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH