Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Commercial » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Commercial
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Commercial Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mr. and Mr. Townsend, thanks much for the update in the "New TST music" thread.

I didn't realize until you compiled the list how many things are actually being released this year. I thought last year was a very special year, and it really was. But this year is shaping up to be as special, or even more so.

"Some Friendly Advice" to the reader: snap up every one of these items while the opportunity presents itself. I don't have to remind anyone here of the penalty we pay if we have to bid at an Ebay auction after the fact. Most of us on the list have kicked ourselves at one time or another for either not knowing about a release, or worse yet knowing and not getting it for whatever reason.

No good excuses this time. We will always have the money for what's important. No matter how you add it up, it doesn't come close to some of the bills we pay every month.

Looking forward with great anticipation...

05-30-2002 15:07 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

Agreed Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm in total agreement. I say buy things up as soon as they are released (if you consider yourself a real fan.) At first I hesitated to buy "Motorcycle Tracks" and eventualy had to get it on Ebay. I wish I'd bought it when it first came out. I was lucky enough to discover DA/TST/SE when "Let's Spin" and DFBB first came out on CD. I bought every CD and every re-release as they came out. I have no regrets.

True, there are a lot of things coming out at once and they may be a bit expensive to buy in a lump, but better to buy now at this price, than later and pay more!

As far as I'm concerned, TST is the most prolific musician of our time and very consistent with good releases. At the very least, you know that each new release will be something original. It's not like everything sounds the same.

Purchase...and let's help make these guys better known!

-- Author of the Post
05-31-2002 11:10 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes!

Find a way to get it now if you can.

I've been sending out quite a lot of hints to my wife over the last few weeks......

''I may be buying a few CDs this year Dear....''

''I may have to spend a little more this year on music, ok?''

''ok, here it is! I'm going to spend alot of money on new CD's this year, so just get over it!''

of course I only say that last to myself...... Big Grin

05-31-2002 12:47 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

he speaks for us all Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
True, there are a lot of things coming out at once and they may be a bit expensive to buy in a lump, but better to buy now at this price, than later and pay more!

-spoken like a true addict!

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
05-31-2002 12:50 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
Kaf-N-8ed Kaf-N-8ed is a male
Luteous Llama

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
Yes!

Find a way to get it now if you can.

I've been sending out quite a lot of hints to my wife over the last few weeks......

''I may be buying a few CDs this year Dear....''

''I may have to spend a little more this year on music, ok?''

''ok, here it is! I'm going to spend alot of money on new CD's this year, so just get over it!''

of course I only say that last to myself...... Big Grin

I've found an "after the fact" approach to breaking in my wife to be more useful. It usually looks something like:

Wifey: "You got something in the mail from your friend Dan."

Gussy: "My friend Dan?"

Wifey: "Yeah, Daniel Amos."

Gussy: (clearing his throat and trying not to show too much excitement) "Oh, yeah... thanks."

(a moment later)
"Well, where IS it!?!?!?!?!"

Wifey: "I put it in your in box."

(Gus making tracks to his in box.... closing the office door for a while.)

(Sometime later)

Wifey: "Whatc'ya listenin' to?"

Gussy (clearing his throat again): "Oh... nothin' (very quietly) new (somewhat louder) CD."

Wink

~Kaf

My beard is parted into three,
For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava
http://www.benjava.com

06-01-2002 09:32 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
John Galt
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 06-01-2002

I must say that I endorse this idea. I have put aside a few bucks for the summer releases. Pastemusic.com is releasing the Brian Wilson tribute this month. Bottom line is that you never know when these companies are going to go belly up and the distribution just stops.

Here is my justification:
I don't purchase video games ($50 a pop)
I don't drink or smoke
I only go to a few movies a year.
I gain a great perspective on life through the works of Terry Taylor. I don't mind doubling up on his work. I try to have a backup of all of his work. I have not done so with a few rarities, but I will work on that. I know that I could purchase a cd burner and back up my stuff, but there is something about having everything with its own package. Especially since Terry has always seen the package as a part of the artistic message.

06-01-2002 19:22 John Galt is offline Send an Email to John Galt Search for Posts by John Galt Add John Galt to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

quote:
Originally posted by John Galt
I must say that I endorse this idea. I have put aside a few bucks for the summer releases. Pastemusic.com is releasing the Brian Wilson tribute this month. Bottom line is that you never know when these companies are going to go belly up and the distribution just stops.

Here is my justification:
I don't purchase video games ($50 a pop)
I don't drink or smoke
I only go to a few movies a year.
I gain a great perspective on life through the works of Terry Taylor. I don't mind doubling up on his work. I try to have a backup of all of his work. I have not done so with a few rarities, but I will work on that. I know that I could purchase a cd burner and back up my stuff, but there is something about having everything with its own package. Especially since Terry has always seen the package as a part of the artistic message.

Yeah, sure. Everyone's got a justification. I'm sure Uber would tell you that you should send the money to C*rm*n instead.
06-01-2002 19:37 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Yeah, well... we have to have a copy of each release
for um.. website research. We have to maintain a knowledgable Daniel Amos savy, you know, so we can try and
answer the millions of trivia question emails we recieve.
So yeah, we have to get a copy of everything... we didn't buy it for me, we bought it for you.. we don't have time to enjoy it..

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
06-01-2002 22:24 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
anne
A Hot Wolly

it wasn't my idea Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

...it was all in the vision

Big Grin

06-02-2002 01:34 anne is offline Send an Email to anne Homepage of anne Search for Posts by anne Add anne to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

decisions, decisions, decisions... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by anne
...it was all in the vision

Big Grin

Dearest Anne, do you mean "it wasn't my decision, all in the vision?" That's ok, we understand that you were in diapers when that came out. Pleased Pleased Pleased

j.k. (no, not the shark dude) Smile )

06-02-2002 02:35 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
anne
A Hot Wolly

excuse me joeyt., did you see quotation marks around that?

(no.)

hence: it is a paraphrase.

now Mountain Dew off.

love, anne Big Grin
06-02-2002 10:27 anne is offline Send an Email to anne Homepage of anne Search for Posts by anne Add anne to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
excuse me joeyt., did you see quotation marks around that?

(no.)

hence: it is a paraphrase.

now Mountain Dew off.

love, anne Big Grin

Yeah, it was late. Sorry. Did you notice the j.k. at the bottom there? Doesn't just stand for the initials of your favorite poster here.... Smile )
No, but truly, was only meant in fun, sorry if I offended you. Smile )

06-02-2002 11:48 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
anne
A Hot Wolly

ive always wanted a chance to tell someone to "piss off" Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hey joey tee,
no offense taken at all -- i thought your post was funny
.........i was just givin ya a little grey poop'on back Wink

- anne (who criminally misquotes lyrics on a regular basis)
06-02-2002 15:30 anne is offline Send an Email to anne Homepage of anne Search for Posts by anne Add anne to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

It's all good... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
hey joey tee,
no offense taken at all -- i thought your post was funny
.........i was just givin ya a little grey poop'on back Wink

- anne (who criminally misquotes lyrics on a regular basis)

Every time I hear somebody say Mountain Dew Off, I think of the Sex Pistols and the movie Sid and Nancy. Pleased I thought maybe I had really Mountain Dewed you off though and that certainly wasn't my intention. Smile )

06-02-2002 15:34 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
anne
A Hot Wolly

wow, nice call -- Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

that's exactly why i always want to say it! sid & nancy is one of my favorite movies. too funny...

anyway, no thin skin here, but it was very nice of you to check Smile

06-02-2002 15:58 anne is offline Send an Email to anne Homepage of anne Search for Posts by anne Add anne to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

UuuuUUuuummmmmm!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

She said the "S" word, -that's worse than me saying blow job isn't it?
Confused

06-03-2002 21:13 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by ™
She said the "S" word, -that's worse than me saying blow job isn't it?
Confused

good thing uncle ralph isn't around any more. he's say something really off color like "only if it's a sh*tty blow job".

BD

06-03-2002 21:25 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

BD and tm, Mountain Dew OFF!!!

Evil

(read anne's post above before you write back a nasty reply...) Evil Evil Evil

06-04-2002 00:25 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
anne
A Hot Wolly

all those smiley faces kind of detract from the coldness Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

see, wasn't that fun? but you have a little work to do on the delivery... i suggest some practice in front of a mirror to perfect your withering "look of death".

- "evil eye" anne
06-04-2002 11:13 anne is offline Send an Email to anne Homepage of anne Search for Posts by anne Add anne to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Oscar Wilde's Party Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cast :

Terry Jones: Prince of Wales

Graham Chapman: Oscar Wilde

Michael Palin: George Bernard Shaw

John Cleese: James McNeill Whistler

Eric Idle: Announcer

-

Woman: London, 1892. 16 Tie Street, Chelsea, the residence of Mr. Oscar Wilde.

EI: Mr. George Bernard Shaw! His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales.

TJ: Oh, my congratulations, Wilde. Your play is a great success. The whole of London is talking about ya!

GC: Your Highness, there is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about and that is not being talked about.

All: [Hysterical Laughter]

TJ: Oh, very witty, Wilde, very, very, witty!

JC: There is only one thing in the world worse than being witty, and that is not being witty.

All: [More Hysterical Laughter]

GC: I wish I had said that, sire.

JC: You will, Oscar, you will.

GC: Your Highness, d'you know James McNeill Whistler?

TJ: Yes, we played squash together.

GC: There is only one thing worse than playing squash together, and that is playing it by yourself.

[Long Silence]

GC: I wish I hadn't said that.

JC: Well, you did Oscar, you did.

All: [Light Laughter]

TJ: Well, you must forgive me, Wilde, but I must get back up the palace.

GC: Your Majesty is like a big dram doughnut with cream on the top.

TJ: I beg your pardon!?

GC: Uh, it was one of Whistler's.

JC: I didn't say that!

GC: You did, James, you did.

TJ: Well, Mr. Whistler?

JC: I-I meant Your Majesty, that, ahm, like a doughnut your arrival gives us pleasure and your departure merely makes us hungry for more.

All: [Laughter]

JC: Right, Your Majesty is like stream of bats' Mountain Dew!

All: Whuh!?

TJ: What!?

JC: It was one of Wilde's.

GC: It certainly was not! It was Shaw's!

TJ: Well, Mr. Shaw?

MP: I-I-I merely meant Your Majesty that you shoned like a shaft of gold when all around is dirt.

All: Oooooh...

TJ: Oh, oh, very witty!

MP: Right! Your Majesty is like a dose of clap!

TJ: What!? I beg your pardon!?

MP: It was one of Wilde's!

TJ: Well, Mr. Wilde?!

MP: Come on now, let's hear all about it!

TJ: Come, come Mr. Wilde?

GC: ....[Fart!]

TJ: That's an excellent one! Very witty, Wilde!

All: [Hysterical Laughter]

06-04-2002 12:29 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Commercial

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH