Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » I Just Need To Raise A Little HEL.............................. » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page I Just Need To Raise A Little HEL..............................
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bdavis bdavis is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

I Just Need To Raise A Little HEL.............................. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

HELP!!!! I need the DAMBers to post which cut from MBD they believe is most worthy for modern rock radio play. Once we have tallied the results on Wednesday morning, I would like the DAMBers to barrage the Planet Light Force Radio DJ www.planetlifeforce.com with our e-mail requests to play our song this Saturday night between 10:30 and 11:00 PM CST. Approximately 10,000 Christians should be leaving in their cars from the Delerious concert in Houston at this time. This will give maximum exposure to DA which PLF has thus far ignored. Maybe it is a shot in the dark, but at least it is a shot. What do you think?
03-25-2002 18:35 bdavis is offline Send an Email to bdavis Search for Posts by bdavis Add bdavis to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Radio play Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This is a tall order, for three key reasons:

- MBD seems to have something for everyone, and I've heard comments during the past year where one said a song was the least favorite song and someone else that it was their most favorite.

- MBD has IMO some of the very best songs DA has ever done. But it's tough to think of what would be palatable to a bland top 40 format (which I personally abandoned many years ago.)

- Doesn't it also depend on the style that the station likes or stays away from? In Chicagoland we have four stations who play Christian music, from the insomniac cure WMBI to the horribly bland WORU and "The Fish", to the slightly more rocky WCFL.

With all this in mind, I say thank you, your heart is in the right place. Might I suggest something - perhaps an MBD top 5 would be in order. Then you could compile it all to get a top 1.

My list (in best radio play order - at least my kind of radio):

1. Child on a Leash
2. Ordinary Extraordinary day
3. Over Her Shoulder
4. Small Great Things
5. Fingertips

03-25-2002 19:37 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

a top 5? ok Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

in no order

pretty little lies
small great things
meanwhile
and so it goes
steal away

ok one more
your long year

but i still think that ordinary extraordinary day is the only single out there for them to play.
??????

BD

how can you make a list of only 5?

03-25-2002 21:53 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
bdavis bdavis is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by bdavis
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe
- Doesn't it also depend on the style that the station likes or stays away from? In Chicagoland we have four stations who play Christian music, from the insomniac cure WMBI to the horribly bland WORU and "The Fish", to the slightly more rocky WCFL.

Your input is much appreciated. PLF claims to be a Christian Modern Rock Radio Station, which it actually is very good at. It is also a commercial free listener supported station, which I give monetary contributions to. I have chatted with the program director asking why he does not play groups such as DA, the 77's, and the Choir. His response was PLF was not a Classic Rock Station. I replied that I agreed that Classic Rock did not belong on PLF but that I was requesting new releases that qualified as modern rock. I also told him that I would buy the releases for him so he could be the judge, in which I received no response. Am I wrong, do these groups’ new releases qualify as modern rock or they forever more Classic Rock?
03-26-2002 08:30 bdavis is offline Send an Email to bdavis Search for Posts by bdavis Add bdavis to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

MY ONE PICK Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i WOULD HAVE TO GO WITH ORDINARY-EXTRAORDINARY DAY-
ITS A SONG THAT "RELATES" TO ANY CHRISTIAN-IN MY BOOK
JImInY
(AGAIN-CANT YOU PLAY LIKE 10 OR SO?jk)
03-26-2002 08:40 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Entwise
unregistered
I agree Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jc
i WOULD HAVE TO GO WITH ORDINARY-EXTRAORDINARY DAY-
ITS A SONG THAT "RELATES" TO ANY CHRISTIAN-IN MY BOOK
JImInY
(AGAIN-CANT YOU PLAY LIKE 10 OR SO?jk)

I agree, Ordinary-Extraordinary Day! (It was also in my original list of favorites...)

Calf
03-26-2002 10:18
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

My vote(s) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I Get to Wondering
Ordinary Extraordinary Day
Who's Who Here

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

03-26-2002 10:56 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Author of the Story (what a great lead in)

03-26-2002 10:58 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

quote:
Originally posted by bdavis
[QUOTE]Originally posted by John Foxe
Am I wrong, do these groups’ new releases qualify as modern rock or they forever more Classic Rock?[/COLOR]

This is a dilema isn't it? Classic rock? The Choir releases an album and it gets a grammy nod. Okay they've been around a few years - it could be a sympathy vote - look who won dc Talk for its "group" effort.

Same with the once golden boys of college radio 77s - alt rock or whatever bin they've been relegated to doesn't cound once you achieve longevity.

DA - old has been farts who released that Larry Norman Lp years ago.

We all know and love these bands as innovators, and view each release as a "new" chapter. But to the average joe, they've had their day.

Which is a shame. Somehow we've lost the best part of music - and that is the Music.

Call me a dinosaur but I get excited about new releases from my favourite bands. Saga, Rush, Pink Floyd, Toto, Cheap Trick, Randy Stonehill, Larry Norman, Daniel Amos, The Choir, DA, TST, Lost Dogs, Micheal W. Smith (I know, I know), Bon Jovi, Kansas, and the Tuxedo Clad Megastar. These guys at least have a career.

03-26-2002 11:20 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

pretty little lies
ribbons and bows
faithful sreet
she's a hard drink
who's who here

can't miss Smile

dennis

03-26-2002 11:37 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

huh? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

[QUOTE ....... and the Tuxedo Clad Megastar. These guys at least have a career.
[/QUOTE]

Okay, then. But..............who really listens to the Tuxedo Clad Megastar, tell me, tell me!! I really need to know what type of person can stomach him.......cuz they obviously need a Taste Alert.

03-26-2002 11:59 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

quote:
Originally posted by Woggy
[QUOTE ....... and the Tuxedo Clad Megastar. These guys at least have a career.

can I get an cArMAN

I went to his website, and I am annointed. I dug out my visa, and donated to his gold record club. I am now assured of my place in heaven, and have helped bring over 1,000,000 million souls to the Lord (I'm assuming he has access to the "scroll" to verify his numbers).

What a great day. I thank Woggy for pointing me to his most excellent site.Carman's Holy Offering!

PS. He sure likes to see his photos on his website.

03-26-2002 12:35 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

CAR- MAN Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Dr. Rich is a member of his fan club. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

03-26-2002 13:30 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

Can I get a witness????? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

I went to his website, and I am annointed. I dug out my visa, and donated to his gold record club. I am now assured of my place in heaven, and have helped bring over 1,000,000 million souls to the Lord (I'm assuming he has access to the "scroll" to verify his numbers).

What a great day. I thank Woggy for pointing me to his most excellent site.Carman's Holy Offering!

PS. He sure likes to see his photos on his website. (BUT OF COURSE.............he's so danged CUTE!)

Anything to help win souls to JEEEEEESUS..........I'm thinking the Celebrity Boxing moguls @ Fox should contact the Tuxedo Clad Megastar SOON - just think how much fun it would be to see him ROCK 'N' SOCK the likes of Howard Stern, that evil Bill Maher, anyone opposed to TBN and the Crouch's, and .... oh, all of humanity who doesn't like THE MAGNIFICENT the Tuxedo Clad Megastar!

As a Gold Record Club member, you TOO can see your picture on the World Wide Web! Just read what the Tuxedo Clad Megastar has to say about YOU!!!: For every one of you who becomes a member of the elite "Gold Record Club" ,we want to let the world, and we mean the world, know of your generosity. If you're a member and possess a Gold Record from us, then send us your picture with your name and we will post it in our picture section this month. That's right, you can invite your friends from all over the country and even the whole world to see your smiling face on the the Tuxedo Clad Megastar Ministries Web Site. It is a fun way of saying thank you for being so giving. Hey, what can I say, I'm proud of you and want the world to know.

And you can ask the Tuxedo Clad Megastar a QUESTION! Yes-sir-eee-bob, and he'll answer personally, just like he did on THIS one:

If you would like to ask a question of the Tuxedo Clad Megastar to be answered here, click here!

Question: If you could be a parent of a famous person, who would it be?

Answer: De Lahoya! Because I know it would guarantee me ring-side seats to all of his fights. And he has a lot of money and would want to take care of his daddy. (Ummmm, can we say "the love of money is the root of all eeeeevil???)

Ahhh, the world of Christian music..........it's a beeee-you-teee-ful thing.

03-26-2002 14:32 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
michael prewett
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 03-26-2002

1. The Staggering Gods - That guitar sound at the beginning!
Radio ready!!!
2. The Author of the Story - Such a good song, such good
sound!
3. Your Long Year - Such a catchy chorus

I would play these on any radio station. Even a top 40. Even a "Hits of the 80s and 90s" Not a seventies love-pop station, though. Smile
03-26-2002 16:51 michael prewett is offline Send an Email to michael prewett Search for Posts by michael prewett Add michael prewett to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

jc Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

dambers
I'm taking a night class, and the pc overhead is broke----so I can say howdy from anywhere 2nite!
and whats wrong with 70s soft rock? play Pretty little lies- everyone will think its zimmys finest moment!
Love and later
JiMIny CricKEt
03-26-2002 18:15 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Kaf-N-8ed Kaf-N-8ed is a male
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by Woggy
....... and the Tuxedo Clad Megastar. These guys at least have a career.

The important thing to remember (for those of us who can't sing) is:

"Maybe you have never stepped inside of a recording studio, or spent months writing songs, or your voice may not be on par with Pavarotti, but you can still be a proud member of the elite GOLD RECORD CLUB. "

Cheers!
Gus

My beard is parted into three,
For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava
http://www.benjava.com

03-26-2002 19:28 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

And it's free to sign up for his fan club.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

just ask Dr. Rich!!! Tongue Tongue Tongue

03-26-2002 20:08 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » I Just Need To Raise A Little HEL..............................

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH