Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » Terry Scott Taylor's Swine Before Pearl Vol 2 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Terry Scott Taylor's Swine Before Pearl Vol 2
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Terry Scott Taylor's Swine Before Pearl Vol 2 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
02-16-2011 18:07 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Soon as mine arrives, I'll let you know.
02-16-2011 19:04 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Administrator

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just a few notes on the shipping, since I know many are still waiting.

Every order up to date has been shipping directly from the printer. For that reason, no one will receive the usual shipping confirmation email from us. This was done to save time. It actually costs us a little more to do it this way, but it saved time since the CDs didn't have to travel through the mail twice.

I know that many arrived yesterday (the 14th) and some arrived today and it looks like some are still on their way. I can track them if necessary, but I have to do it through the printers and its a little slow. They are shipping them in the order that the orders came in however.. so if someone had their order in really early, it should have been in the first batches to ship. I can't guarantee it because they're doing it, but.. it should be happening that way.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
02-17-2011 00:05 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Can we expect a green-tinged volume 3 down the pike?
02-17-2011 07:15 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
Can we expect a green-tinged volume 3 down the pike?

You mean one that showcases all of Uncle Terry's songs about ridding Ireland of snakes? "Friar Paddy's Pest Control" is one of my personal favorites...
02-17-2011 11:22 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

She's A Hard Drink, Begorrah.
02-17-2011 12:59 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

The Green Room Serenade....

Or, a remake: Hide the Green Beer the Pastor's Here....

02-17-2011 13:05 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Administrator

I don't know.. sounds like Terry might be getting tired of the pig imagery.. Tom may have to go a different direction next time.

02-17-2011 17:47 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Sooo...any reviews? I haven't picked up a copy yet; maybe next month.
03-17-2011 10:47 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Administrator

Its always been a strange phenomenon that happens anytime these guys release something new - almost everyone out there gets really quiet for a while. Maybe they're just all listening.. Confused

It glows with warmth being on this side because we're all always waiting to hear what folks think of it. I know Terry is. Happy

03-17-2011 22:17 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

The last one was great...is this one set up the same way, with a spoken introduction and Terry guiding the listener through the album? That's a really cool way to make this more than just a bunch of demos and extras.
03-18-2011 10:09 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

I am hoping to order my copies when I can work again, hopefully in the next month or so.

03-19-2011 16:36 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

I've enjoyed both quite a bit. I'd love to hear more introductory commentary about how the songs came about though.
03-19-2011 19:06 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

Listening to this now. . . I finally picked up a copy at the Camp Hill DA show in June. I find this quite enjoyable. Of course the familiar songs are fantastic. I also truly enjoy the accoustic remakes and the new tracks. My Valentine is very tender and the lyrics are top notched. You Ring My Bell is awesome Terry Wit! I also really enjoy UFO-- I don't konw why this was not on Horrendous Disc, it really should have been. The guitar solo by Jerry in Happily Married Man is a sweet surprise. I suppose my only negative comment would have to be in relation to the remixes. . . I would have loved additional accoustic treatments of songs like Madonna Inn, Maybe All I Need, Ditto, and My Cardboard Box. The changes in them are not greatly significant. I still truly enjoy each song, but wish for something a little different. This was my first time hearing "Your Theif." Great Track! Overall, I truly enjoy listening to this music, as I enjoy listening to most things that come from the creative mind of Mr. Taylor.

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
08-08-2011 13:11 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

UFO was one of about 10 songs that were recorded to shop around to secular record companies, if I remember correctly. Jerry or someone could probably give a lot more information on that.

08-08-2011 14:22 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Fantastic cds, the both of them.

08-09-2011 02:46 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
DrDanAmos DrDanAmos is a male
Dignified Lazar

images/avatars/avatar-628.gif

Registration Date: 09-06-2003

I very much prefer Vol 2 over Vol 1 (if I were to pick one...)

Hopefully a Vol 3 will be forthcoming. I'd love to get a CD where Terry performs songs he has written for other people but never performed himself before. Just an idea...

upload photos to paste code
08-13-2011 02:19 DrDanAmos is offline Send an Email to DrDanAmos Search for Posts by DrDanAmos Add DrDanAmos to your Buddy List
Administrator

Thats a pretty good idea.

I think Terry does plan to do more, but I'm not sure when.. Right now, DA is firmly in his mind. Thats not saying that it couldn't happen soon.. especially if it was needed for a fundraiser or something like that.

08-13-2011 16:07 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

I agree with DrDanAmaos' idea. I hope Terry does that sometime....

08-13-2011 18:07 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » Terry Scott Taylor's Swine Before Pearl Vol 2

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH