Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » New DA » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New DA 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Brent17
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, you know, even a couple special Terry solo shows might be a good way to raise money.

Say, for $50 you get a ticket and a special release CD and a meet and greet, or something like that. It'd be much easier to do that in a couple of locations (Nashville and CA, for example) and you wouldnt have the worry of other guys night being able to make it. Again, if it could be set up at a church or a venue not looking to make any money-- at $50 a pop for 50-100 people, that's still pretty good money.

Just suggestions. The prospect of new DA music is very exciting. I applaud your guys' dedication to see the project through and I'd love to do anything I could to help.

And to echo the sentiments of others in the thread, if DA was at Cstone, I would definitely make the trip. I love the Dogs, but I can see them at a better venue when they're on tour. That's not the case with bands like DA, the 77's and the Choir. I think the fest has lost a ton of their "older" attendees because these types of bands have gotten lost in the shuffle for one reason or another.

I'm 33 and have been listening to DA and those other bands since I was 12. I went to Cstone for 10 years, from 1990 to 2000, and I really havent had the desire to go back. If DA was there, I'd be all about it.

Thanks again Audioris for keeping the flame. Looking forward to what's to come.
10-29-2010 16:12 Brent17 is offline Send an Email to Brent17 Search for Posts by Brent17 Add Brent17 to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The tiering has to be of a reasonable nature. Bootleg material, bonus cut reissues ("No Spaceship", Doppelganger show intro, etc.), autographed material, etc., they're all workable. Committing the band to a show, that's much less workable, as the guys still have (to my knowledge) day jobs. Their primary source of income is not DA, so their participation is limited by the generosity of their employers.

It's a horrendous job market out there and "they're dayum lucky to be on the payroll."

I would say that a premium tier could be a bookset of the album, perhaps featuring a couple bonus tracks, autographs and including patron-contributor names included in credits. The bookset, while time-intensive, could be printed through a POD like Lulu, which does a fantastic job if you know their system and how to create the product your way, not through their robo-assembly templates. I've used Lulu before, and if I can do it, it can't be too difficult/expensive.

But anything that directly ties the guys down to specific dates beyond recording probably is unfeasible, in my distanced opinion.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by DwDunphy: 10-29-2010 16:20.

10-29-2010 16:18 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

I think it would be cool if Terry did a "live in the studio" "singer-songwriter" CD for this. Just him, his guitar, a handful of songs, and perhaps a story or joke or two, in-between the songs. Nothing of high quality. Nothing that would be sold in stores. But if you pledged, say, $20 (or $30 or whatever)you would get.

10-29-2010 16:27 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Addendum: earlier in this thread I mentioned visitors who might not be around the board and might not know about this news. It is not to say they don't visit - my assumption is based solely on infrequency of their posts.

All I mean to imply here is that if you know of a DA fan that may not post here anymore, let them know this is happening. They'd probably appreciate the head's up.
10-29-2010 18:53 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

I'd be satisfied with demo versions and/or rehearsals of the songs that will end up on the CD as a bonus for the $50 level.

10-29-2010 19:04 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Here's my attempt. Be aware, this is my first YouTube video. Anyway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9FdBeMUYL8

The quotes are all from DA album reviews (except for the Giants in the Land lyrics).

Enjoy!

10-29-2010 19:14 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Cool. This is the grass-roots kind of marketing we need. Good job, Ritchie!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by DwDunphy: 10-29-2010 19:21.

10-29-2010 19:21 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Ceremonial Kernel

Let's try that again.

And So It Goes video ad.
10-30-2010 17:05 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Nice work guys.. keep em coming.

I'll get something temporary up on the main page so people will find something when they get here. Shouldn't be too much longer for a final announcement and the launch of the kickstarter page. Happy

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-30-2010 17:18 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Cool video, DwDunphy!

10-30-2010 23:16 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Here's my 2nd try. I'm getting a little better at this. Won't win any awards, but here ya go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL_kCSoXV4Q

10-31-2010 03:11 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

One more for you. I did this one at work on my breaks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd6t0lHGlQA

11-02-2010 23:47 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Thread Starter Thread Started by Eis
Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I like it! Great song choice with "Turn This Off."
11-03-2010 14:12 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
I like it! Great song choice with "Turn This Off."

Thanks. I'd never made a "movie" or posted a YouTube video prior to the first DA ad. I Googled "how to make a YouTube video", and found a YouTube video on how to create a YouTube video using Windows Movie Maker.
It looked easy.
I still like the concept of that first attempt (actual quotes from DA album reviews with the song Return of the Beat Menace). But the video itself is as basic as it gets. Maybe I'll revisit that project in the coming weeks... (then again, the "busy season" is quickly approaching, so maybe I won't have time....).
Try #2 was much better, although I stole a couple ideas from DwDunphy. I used Autographs For The Sick because I wanted it to have a "movie-like" feel, and Autographs... reminds me of that. It's short length was a plus, as well. I feel that project came together pretty well overall, and by now thought I had a decent understanding of what Windows Movie Maker can (and cannot) do.
The latest ad used all the techniques of the previous attempt, with a few new ones added in (for good luck?). In a way, it was like the first and second videos combined, but more to the point, I guess. I was limited by time (making it at work using a work computer), so perhaps it could have been slightly improved, but I like the feel of it overall.

I'm excited to see other people's attempts. DwDunphy has a couple good ones. Anyone else gonna take a shot at it?

11-03-2010 17:08 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

I like what you did with that a lot. Of course, with my sick mind, I was expecting the last word in your ad to be "accordion," but that would have been far too inside.

I'm hoping some of these clips leak out or, at the very least, get a Google nod. It's important to keep hammering on the notion this is something that could happen.
11-03-2010 20:20 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Just to keep everyone in the loop... we should have a more definite announcement soon. Terry's had some other stuff going on and its delayed finalizing some of the details... we all want to get it set up right and come up with some good gifts for investors. Stay with us and keep the videos coming.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-04-2010 21:27 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie_az
Anyone else gonna take a shot at it?

I lack the means to edit sound files. So of course the only idea I've had involves a song montage.
11-06-2010 18:45 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
I lack the means to edit sound files. So of course the only idea I've had involves a song montage.

I like the idea. That's more advanced than anything I did....

11-06-2010 18:56 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Chesterdox Chesterdox is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-467.jpg

Registration Date: 09-20-2005

Friggin' awesome, another double album!! Definitely looking forward to this.

...pretty sure I heard Terry say this was gonna be a double album. Big Grin

11-07-2010 21:00 Chesterdox is offline Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

quote:
Originally posted by Chesterdox
Friggin' awesome, another double album!! Definitely looking forward to this.

...pretty sure I heard Terry say this was gonna be a double album. Big Grin

did u use a time machine more this? Big Grin

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
11-08-2010 05:11 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » New DA

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH