Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Holy Emmanuel » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Holy Emmanuel
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
UnderDawg UnderDawg is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-624.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

Holy Emmanuel Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We did "Holy Emmanuel" in church this morning. Our Praise Band director said, "You oughta be happy, we're doing a Terry Taylor song this week!". He knows that Terry is my favorite songwriter.

Since I've been in the band, we've done three songs by Steve Hindalong and now, two, by Terry.

Hmmm, gotta get some by Mike Roe and Derri Daughtery now!
11-29-2009 21:30 UnderDawg is offline Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I heard the song yesterday.

Maybe someday I'll hear it a church....

11-29-2009 22:02 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Very nice.

11-29-2009 22:29 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We have done that song as well. We did not do it this way. I actually really pushed for the performance of that song . The Theology is strong and the lyrics are fantastic. I have an in with the praise director as she is my wife so I did not have to push too hard. We will at least do the song for Ephiphany as it is a great song for the topic of that week. We are preaching on Seeking after the Messiah. I encourage every church to sing Holy Emmanuel. I am not sure if there are other Taylor songs that work for a praise team. Perhaps some off of Nazarene Crying Towel. I wish I could get a songbook for that album. I would buy that product in a heartbeat. I would probably buy most songbooks that this site could offer. Perhaps this is a new way to raise money for upcoming projects. I would buy a collected works of Terry Taylor songbook for $20-$30 depending on which songs were included and how many. Well, God bless!

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
11-30-2009 11:59 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

If some people enjoy transcribing stuff, and they would send them our way, we would look into printing a book. We have a few already, but I know for sure Terry doesn't have any scores written out in any usable format. He tends to have the music in his head and vocalizes out the parts he wants people to play.

11-30-2009 13:55 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Thread Starter Thread Started by UnderDawg

I transcribed "Be My Hiding Place" and "Moses in the Desert". The others I have, I found online.
11-30-2009 16:19 UnderDawg is offline Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Here's a list of what I have. I did not transcribe them all, but they are available to anyone on the 'net.

The Afternoon
Ain't Gonna Fight It
Be My Hiding Place
Beautiful One
Blessing in Disguise
Broken Ladders to Glory
Catch That Angel
A Certain Love
Eleanor, It's Raining Now
Gates of Eden
The Great Divide
I Love You #19
If You Want To
Kind Word
The Mark of Cain
Moses In The Desert
Mr. Flutter
One More Time
Out in The Cold
Papa Danced On Olvera Street
Posse in the Sky
Pray Where You Are
Pretend I'm Elvis
Pretty Little Lies
Rocky Mountain Mines
Sail Me Away
Shotgun Angel
Salvation Wings
Soon
Startin' Monday
This is The One
A Vegas Story
Walking on the Water
Wall of Heaven
What I Should Have Said
What's Come Over Me
William
William Blake
11-30-2009 16:31 UnderDawg is offline Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

To do books in mass production for church use, you'd pretty much need someone who can do piano & vocal scores.

Can't help you there, sorry.
12-01-2009 01:01 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
bein heinni
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-12-2004

Forget holy Emmanuel, it's Holy Heinni now!

Benny Hinn, evangelist extraordinaire
Toufik Benedictus Hinn born in Jaffa, Israel
12-05-2009 10:49 bein heinni is offline Search for Posts by bein heinni Add bein heinni to your Buddy List
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

We peformed Holy Emmanuel yesterday. It was quite enjoyable to sing it in church and I always enjoy seeing Terry's and Steve's names up on the scren when we get the the screen with the copyright info. Their names deserve to be up there a lot more as they are great artists and they are real people with real faith. God bless!

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
12-07-2009 16:27 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Right you are. I try to put their music out there as much as possible.

I've been going to this local open mic where I do a lot of Terry's songs.
12-07-2009 21:50 UnderDawg is offline Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Holy Emmanuel

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH