Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Columbus » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Columbus
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Columbus Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Which TST song do you think is most appropriate for Columbus Day?

i was thinking that "HIT THEM" was a good canidate.

When CC spotted the friendly, naked folks on the shore, he remarked, " I perceived that they could be much more easily converted to our holy faith by gentle means than by force."

Do you thing that his technique of handing out red caps and strings of beads rather than Chick tracts has any evangelistic merit?
10-14-2002 13:15 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Poopyhead
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 09-27-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Chick tracts would have worked better but they weren't readily available then. They are available now for free. In honor of CC, let's drop a caseload over each reservation.
10-14-2002 13:34 Poopyhead is offline Send an Email to Poopyhead Search for Posts by Poopyhead Add Poopyhead to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by baxter

How about The Unsuccessful Dutch Missionary??? Pleased

10-14-2002 13:41 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Poopyhead
Unsullied Affiche

these lyrics seem a propos Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Distance and Direction

from the album "Doppelgänger"
Words and Music by Terry Taylor
©1983 Twitchen Vibes/ Paragon Music Corp. ASCAP

Distance and direction, resistance and dissection
Assistance and perfection, insistence and inspection
Two of me, two of you, two of us, two by two
The double life we live
Distance and direction run straight ahead
To your better world (to your better world)

We're putting on our make-up. but we never make-up
We're the beauty and the beast, we're dead men telling tales
Sleeping through our wake-up
The double life we live
To your better world

Who are you? What are you now?
Don't let (this false god) it take you down

The double life we live
10-14-2002 14:06 Poopyhead is offline Send an Email to Poopyhead Search for Posts by Poopyhead Add Poopyhead to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Thread Starter Thread Started by baxter

u easily topped my suggestion Joey.

By the way, my cloven-hoofed sweet companion, would like it known that the famous Gomera goat cheese from the Canary Islands helped to sustain Chris and crew in their search.
10-14-2002 14:07 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Columbus Day is a very special day for me.
It was CD 1967 that my folks had the day off and "made" me! Really! That is what my dad told me! Then that afternoon they had spam salad sandwiches with my grand parents on a picnic! Big Grin

10-14-2002 16:20 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

what a sweet (or sweaty) story!

10-14-2002 17:46 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
Then that afternoon they had spam salad sandwiches

Shocked

10-14-2002 17:59 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Jim Muglia
unregistered
Hey, I reallly like that! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Poopyhead
Distance and Direction

from the album "Doppelgänger"
Words and Music by Terry Taylor
©1983 Twitchen Vibes/ Paragon Music Corp. ASCAP

The double life we live

We're putting on our make-up. but we never make-up
We're the beauty and the beast, we're dead men telling tales
Sleeping through our wake-up
The double life we live
To your better world

Who are you? What are you now?
Don't let (this false god) it take you down

The double life we live

That song's been going through my head all day. You're right it is a good Columbus song:
- distance and direction were certainly among Columbus' top concerns
- Two of us two by two: the Nina and the Pinta sailing together
- run straight ahead to your better world (he was certainly doing that)
- the double life we lead (Columbus' desire to spread the gospel, and some others' desire to indulge in fornication with the Indian women).

Wow, that really does apply.

sidenote:
I'd also recommend to anybody a song that is conscioulsy about Columbus called "Distant Vision" on Kansas' stellar album called "Somewhere to Elsewhere". Its an amazing song, truly Kansas at their best.
Jim
10-14-2002 19:45
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I have that album. I've been watching Kansas' new DVD Device Voice Drum. The CD version has a video of Distant Vision on it.

10-14-2002 21:39 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Thread Starter Thread Started by baxter

dr. rich, please tell your parents that cigarettes work just as well, and you don't have to worry about all that fat.
10-15-2002 01:33 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
dr. rich, please tell your parents that cigarettes work just as well, and you don't have to worry about all that fat.

There's nothing like a good spam sandwich after being intimate. Besides, there's lots of ways to work off that fat.

BD

10-15-2002 08:38 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Poopyhead
Unsullied Affiche

quote:
It was CD 1967 that my folks had the day off and "made" me! Really! That is what my dad told me! Then that afternoon they had spam salad sandwiches with my grand parents on a picnic! Big Grin
How were your grandparents prepared? Were they a part of the spam sandwiches or a side dish? Did you retain any characteristics of them through your mother's bloodstream?
10-15-2002 08:51 Poopyhead is offline Send an Email to Poopyhead Search for Posts by Poopyhead Add Poopyhead to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Shocked

10-15-2002 09:08 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Robert H
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

[QUOTE]Originally posted by baxter

How bout Mall all over the world?

Or Glory hound??
10-15-2002 11:27 Robert H is offline Send an Email to Robert H Search for Posts by Robert H Add Robert H to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

quote:
[IMG]DAMB tripod - this was a cool picture of a smiley can of SPAM

10-15-2002 11:37 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

My parents are not huge fans of Spam.
My grandparents like that kind of food.
(For what it's worth, I LOVE SpamBig Grin )

10-16-2002 16:34 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Really? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:

There's nothing like a good spam sandwich after being intimate. Besides, there's lots of ways to work off that fat.

BD

tell me some.

just for fun.

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

10-16-2002 16:53 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Woggy
quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:

BD

tell me some.

just for fun.

great cardio-vascular work-out.
one of the best reallyPleased

10-16-2002 16:57 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Columbus

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH