Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Terry Taylor on CARadio » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Terry Taylor on CARadio
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

Terry Taylor on CARadio Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Banquet at the World's End" is playing on CARadio at Live365 right now. It's been on the playlist since I started listening. The new thing is that it was preceded by an introduction by Terry himself. Very cool, Sam E. Pleased
02-20-2008 12:45 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I listened to that song this morning!

On the CD! Tongue

02-20-2008 14:18 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

Banquet at the World's End Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That song took on greater significance after my wife and I found out that our son was born mentally and physically delayed. I have an earthly hope that someday that he will be able to speak with me and play ball, but there is peace and hope that the family will someday eat and laugh together at the banquet at the world's end where "the lame are running in their orthopedic shoes". Someday he may walk, talk and know that he has two parents and two brothers that love him very much.
02-20-2008 14:34 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Amen to that.

02-20-2008 17:05 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Slightly off topic on a thread that is old (don't hate me...remember, I'm bored on the midnight shift....), I've heard (of all things) Pay For Surf and Ain't Gonna Fight It on one of the Christian XM-Radio channels.

07-05-2008 02:17 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Was it online or on your XM radio? Confused

07-05-2008 06:51 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

On the XM "radio" not on the internet.

07-05-2008 06:53 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

When was this?
What station was it?
How long ago???
Enguiring minds want to know! Cool

07-05-2008 06:56 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

I'm trying to remember. Our car came with a "free trial" of XM Radio, but that ended like six months ago. It was one of the Christian channels, I remember that (and I think there are only a few of those). And I heard each song twice, within a couple of weeks, and never heard them again. Like I said, our free trail ended about six months ago, so now I'm stuck with K-LOVE. Yuck! At least "Nights With Alice Cooper" comes on five days a week. I'm still waiting for a DA song to be one of his "Closet Classics" Big Grin

07-05-2008 07:01 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Thanks! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have an XM radio and there were two listed on the station list I have, but only one station on the radio.
The more "rock" type station was online.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 07-05-2008 07:04.

07-05-2008 07:04 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie_az
At least "Nights With Alice Cooper" comes on five days a week. I'm still waiting for a DA song to be one of his "Closet Classics" Big Grin

Does he play old christian rock? Confused

07-05-2008 07:05 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

I don't think it was the "more rock like" one. I'm pretty sure it was the other. I remember there was a contemporary, a gospel, and a southern gospel station, and it was the contemporary.

07-05-2008 07:06 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Yeah, those were the ones that worked for me too.

07-05-2008 07:09 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Does he play old christian rock?

He played ProtoKaw (Kerry Livgren's band) once--actually, he interviewed Livgren and played several of their songs that night. Beyond that, I have not heard him play anything Christian. I do know he is a Christian. Oh, and the Lost Dogs played at his restaraunt once.

07-05-2008 07:11 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Terry Taylor on CARadio

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH