Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Stupid newbie question » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Stupid newbie question
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
RoxxRegime
Unsullied Affiche

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2008

Stupid newbie question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ok, here's a stupid newbie question:

For the out of print albums, like "Preachers from Outer Space" and "Live Bootleg '82", etc... how often are these available? I know some bands (like Saint, for example) do short runs of their back catalog every now and then. On the other hand, I know DA doesn't own their whole catalog.

So I guess what i'm getting at is this: should I spend the money to get these albums on eBay, or hold out for another "run" of some of these discs?
04-08-2008 22:14 RoxxRegime is offline Search for Posts by RoxxRegime Add RoxxRegime to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Preachers is still available... LiveBootleg82 probably will come back at some point. It hasn't been a priority, but I'm not sure that it would be too difficult to bring back legally.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-08-2008 23:01 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
RoxxRegime
Unsullied Affiche

Thread Starter Thread Started by RoxxRegime
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Where can I buy Preachers? I didn't see it in the web store...

That's cool that the others are still possible. It's so cool to see how DA treats their back catalog, and really seems to do things right, rather than cheaply (which seems to happen all too often these days). You can really tell the band respects their fans!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by RoxxRegime: 04-09-2008 06:45.

04-09-2008 06:45 RoxxRegime is offline Search for Posts by RoxxRegime Add RoxxRegime to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

http://www.danielamos.com/store/daindex.html

04-09-2008 06:46 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich

Daniel Amos "Live Bootleg '82"

Reviews
DA recorded live in St Louis, MO 1982. Songs include I Love You #19, I'm On Your Team, Faces To The Window, Mall All Over The World, Through The Speakers, Alarma!, Ghost Of The Heart, The Surf Suite, and more....$10.00 (CASSETTE ONLY)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 04-09-2008 06:48.

04-09-2008 06:47 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

quote:
quote:

Reviews
DA recorded live in St Louis, MO 1982. Songs include I Love You #19, I'm On Your Team, Faces To The Window, Mall All Over The World, Through The Speakers, Alarma!, Ghost Of The Heart, The Surf Suite, and more....$10.00 (CASSETTE ONLY)

what's a cassette?

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by larryl: 04-09-2008 07:43.

04-09-2008 07:42 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

i think radrockers still has some things that are no longer available in the webstore

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
04-09-2008 12:07 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
quote:
quote:

Reviews

what's a cassette?

its that thing you throw in the fire that you made by rubbing two sticks together.
Big Grin

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-09-2008 12:23 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Strange Animal
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2002

Frown Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
quote:

Reviews

what's a cassette?

it's that thing that houses my only legal copy of dfbb......... Crying

bobd

04-09-2008 13:13 Strange Animal is offline Search for Posts by Strange Animal Add Strange Animal to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Live bootleg Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I only have the cassette of this.

If DA would sell a CD version I know of at leat one buyer...

04-09-2008 14:49 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Strange Animal
quote:
quote:
quote:

Reviews

what's a cassette?

it's that thing that houses my only legal copy of dfbb......... Crying

There are a few items I own on cassette only.
And there are a few items I own on cassette, cd and lp! Tongue

04-09-2008 17:03 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
RoxxRegime
Unsullied Affiche

Wow, that made my day!

Somehow I missed the buttons at the top of the page in the webstore, and had only ever seen the first page of listings. Duh!!

Gladly ordered Preachers...will wait to see if Live Bootleg is ever reissued on CD.
04-09-2008 18:30 RoxxRegime is offline Search for Posts by RoxxRegime Add RoxxRegime to your Buddy List
Administrator

You're not the first... what is it about those buttons that is hard to see? Anything we could have done to make them stick out more?

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-09-2008 18:37 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
RoxxRegime
Unsullied Affiche

You know what? Maybe just putting "Store Menu" more visible -- I think I always just thought it was a listing of the stuff that's available in the store, rather than a menu.

But I mostly chalk it up to my clumsiness online Smile
04-09-2008 18:47 RoxxRegime is offline Search for Posts by RoxxRegime Add RoxxRegime to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Maybe you should just put everything that is available on the Main Store menu and then leave the other buttons to categorize the offerings if someone wants to click further? Smile

Got a few miles left ...

04-10-2008 10:30 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
You're not the first... what is it about those buttons that is hard to see? Anything we could have done to make them stick out more?

Hard to say, but for the longest time I thought that all that was available was on the main store page. At some point I noticed those other buttons and was shocked to see what was still for sale.

04-10-2008 17:42 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Administrator

Hmm... have to do something with it I guess.

Our main goal was to keep that main page from getting so long... in the early days, we had everything on one page and like 30 titles or something. You'd have to scroll forever to see everything.

04-10-2008 18:12 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Space Ghost
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-228.jpg

Registration Date: 02-07-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
i think radrockers still has some things that are no longer available in the webstore

Yeah, if you wanna pay out the you-know-what!

Speaking of which, anybody wanna buy my autographed Alarma Bookset for $250 bucks?

Wink

Makes the color of right

Gravity and distance
Change the passage of light
Gravity and distance
Change the color of right

04-11-2008 00:24 Space Ghost is offline Send an Email to Space Ghost Search for Posts by Space Ghost Add Space Ghost to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Space Ghost
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan

Yeah, if you wanna pay out the you-know-what!

Speaking of which, anybody wanna buy my autographed Alarma Bookset for $250 bucks?

Wink

new, cheap cassettes transferred to MP3 don't sound too bad and are a lot easier on the wallet than rare CDs

Got a few miles left ...

04-11-2008 14:30 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Stupid newbie question

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH