Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » It's Christmas time already? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page It's Christmas time already?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
web
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

It's Christmas time already? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, last night I did pull out my first Christmas album for the year. (I usually have some Christmas music in the mix from October to mid-February).

10-03-2002 10:43 web is offline Send an Email to web Search for Posts by web Add web to your Buddy List
web
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by web
D'oh! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I hit the wrong button.
10-03-2002 10:44 web is offline Send an Email to web Search for Posts by web Add web to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Ah HATES Christmas music.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I do that around January myself.... for a day or two.... Tongue

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
10-03-2002 10:48 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Kris Kringle
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 10-03-2002

All the time Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I listen all year 'round, as well as pop in yuletide movies throughout the year. A friend recently mentioned that he wondered at how Christmas songs are not used round the calendar in our worship services--eventhough it is an important portion of the Good Report. Always puzzled me too.
Season's Greetings!

10-03-2002 11:22 Kris Kringle is offline Send an Email to Kris Kringle Search for Posts by Kris Kringle Add Kris Kringle to your Buddy List
Scrimshaw Nick Scrimshaw Nick is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-387.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have Star Wars: Christmas in the Stars spinning right now Big Grin

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards
10-03-2002 12:24 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
Kris Kringle
Unsullied Affiche

Presently? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Presently, I am watching a compilation video of the best from 15 years of Bing Crosby TV specials. This includes the Little Drummer Boy with David Bowie. Just me and one little elf hanging loose at the NP and watching the tube.

10-03-2002 13:15 Kris Kringle is offline Send an Email to Kris Kringle Search for Posts by Kris Kringle Add Kris Kringle to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kris Kringle
I listen all year 'round, as well as pop in yuletide movies throughout the year. A friend recently mentioned that he wondered at how Christmas songs are not used round the calendar in our worship services--eventhough it is an important portion of the Good Report. Always puzzled me too.
Season's Greetings!

Christmas music is the reason why we don't celebrate it year-round.

10-04-2002 00:34 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

love that one Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kris Kringle
Presently, I am watching a compilation video of the best from 15 years of Bing Crosby TV specials. This includes the Little Drummer Boy with David Bowie. Just me and one little elf hanging loose at the NP and watching the tube.

pa rum pum pum pum.......................

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

10-04-2002 09:39 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Kris Kringle
Unsullied Affiche

arctic? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Arctic? Do I perceive a humbug? A Scrooge?

Ho, ho, ho, ho, ho, ho, ho, ho, ho! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! "We need a little Christmas, right this very instant..." Heh, heh, heh! Ho, ho, ho!

Ahem... Red Face

10-04-2002 10:18 Kris Kringle is offline Send an Email to Kris Kringle Search for Posts by Kris Kringle Add Kris Kringle to your Buddy List
Bubba Death Machine
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 05-28-2002
Location: Comin' to yer town.... we'll help you kick the devil's ass for Jesus!

Yo-ho-ho, Santa-Duuuuude!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You, like, ROCK! But can we, like, you know, throw in a few chugga-chuggas to go with that ho-ho stuff? We're like, working on our "A Very Bubba Christmas" CD, and like, that ho-ho-ho stuff just don't, like, work.

Besides, like, if we, like, play some gig in the city and start going "ho-ho-ho," you, like, don't know WHO's gonna wind up backstage. Think about it, Santa-Dude.

Vinny Foster (vocals, bass) * Lenny Gwineer (axe) * R. Brown (skins)
10-04-2002 10:25 Bubba Death Machine is offline Send an Email to Bubba Death Machine Homepage of Bubba Death Machine Search for Posts by Bubba Death Machine Add Bubba Death Machine to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Mrs. Kringle Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So, HAVE you ever seen Mrs. Kringle?

okay...sorry...that was really harsh... Crying
10-04-2002 10:38 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Theo
So, HAVE you ever seen Mrs. Kringle?

okay...sorry...that was really harsh... Crying
ho ho ho

10-04-2002 10:46 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

I am a big fan of Christmas music. Not necessarily the classics, but the stuff from the last 10 to 15 years has been great - Windham Hill's Christmas CDs are excellent. I collect Christmas music CDs. And yes - I lsiten to them all year long....

10-04-2002 12:14 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Terry's Top 5 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We were driving along in Chandler and Terry says, "Okay, Theo. What are the top 5 Christmas albums of all time?"

All my picks, I'm glad to say, were on Terry's top 10, but our top five differed.

New Post Time!
10-04-2002 12:17 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Theo
We were driving along in Chandler and Terry says, "Okay, Theo. What are the top 5 Christmas albums of all time?"

All my picks, I'm glad to say, were on Terry's top 10, but our top five differed.

New Post Time!

You can't give a statement like this and not tell us what your top 5 and Taylor's top 10 are....don't leave us hangin' man

10-04-2002 12:20 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Scrimshaw Nick Scrimshaw Nick is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-387.jpg

Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

Yeah, and share Terry's Top 10, too.

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards
10-04-2002 17:17 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Agreed! give us the goods!
10-04-2002 17:20 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

We want to know.

10-04-2002 18:12 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

i thought that with all the talk about Christmas, the board could use some fruitcake. sorry mr. carson.

Assumption Abbey is a secluded Trappist monastery nestled in the foothills of the Missouri Ozarks. It was established in 1950 by a group of monks from New Melleray Abbey in Dubuque, IA. Through the years, the brothers of Assumption Abbey have continued to live by the centuries old Trappist tradition of contemplation and study, private prayer and common worship, and living by the work of their own hands.

When Assumption Abbey was first developing its bakery, the monks sought the help of world class chef Jean-Pierre Augé, who at one time served in the royal employ of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor. Mr. Augé's assistance, and his generosity in providing the recipe and ideas for production, gave the monks the impetus to go forward with the Assumption Abbey Fruitcakes.

Assumption Abbey Fruitcakes are the dark, rich, traditional style of fruitcake. They are baked slowly and aged under the careful supervision of the monks. Everything, from marinating the fruit, to mixing, to baking, to packaging, to aging, to mailing is done right at the monastery by the monks.

Assumption Abbey is not a commercial enterprise. It is a way of life, and that way of life, combined with the careful work of the bakers, insures a dedication to high quality that makes Assumption Abbey Fruitcakes among this country's finest.

[ OUR HOME PAGE ]

10-04-2002 20:00 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

I can't Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I can't give away Terry's article. Number one, It would take away from Terry's article (not my place to do) and Number two, it would defunk the whole idea behind this thread: to compile our guesses until his article is published. In four short words??
"Don't open 'till Christmas"

Hey! How about those falling leaves!!
10-04-2002 20:09 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » It's Christmas time already?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH