Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Headstones » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Headstones
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: Bleak human landscape, flat roofed houses, bad breath, vacant lots and murder evidence. God saves and leads a remnant of scraggly, faithless people, in spite of themsleves and just because he feels like it.

Headstones Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Theo
Today it is on his headstone in this form: "I have climbed my broken ladders to glory." This would include his broken body, broken relationships around him, and more. It's still one of my faves in a very personal way. I was thrilled to sing it as a duet with Terry at C-Stone this last year. When Terry left his handwritten cheat sheet on the music stand you better believe I grabbed it for my scrap book! Big Grin Wrinkled and pasted in the book. Another broken ladder? Probably.

I love that bit about the headstone.

Just to get morbid here - what TST lyrics would you want on your headstone.

For me...

"Awake this dreamer in the arms of The Beautiful One."
10-03-2002 16:56 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"We'll meet again in another place & time."

but I don't plan on having a headstone.

10-03-2002 16:59 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

we've explored the patchwork of Americana
the curios and the burger plates
we got a blessing from the Queen of the Highway,
paid attention to a sign that said "Jesus Saves"

10-03-2002 17:23 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

assuming i had a headstone it would be either this:

When you say your prayers
please include my name
if my humanity causes you some pain
Hoping for the best
and I will do the same
So hold up my heart
if I twist your brain

or this:

hey fellas, let's have a burger bash!

10-03-2002 17:34 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by wes berlin

hey fellas, let's have a burger bash!

Sounds good - how 'bout Sunday????? Big Grin

10-03-2002 17:40 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
guitarman4christ
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 09-24-2002

Headstone Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think I'd like this on my headstone, a slightly modified lyric:
"he's at the dance in his underpants"
10-03-2002 18:11 guitarman4christ is offline Send an Email to guitarman4christ Search for Posts by guitarman4christ Add guitarman4christ to your Buddy List
MartyB
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 09-13-2002

Startin' Monday...
10-03-2002 19:41 MartyB is offline Send an Email to MartyB Search for Posts by MartyB Add MartyB to your Buddy List
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Location: Bleak human landscape, flat roofed houses, bad breath, vacant lots and murder evidence. God saves and leads a remnant of scraggly, faithless people, in spite of themsleves and just because he feels like it.

Thread Starter Thread Started by Andrew

Put a lid on it baby
give yer pie hole a rest.

Sorry 'bout the black humour.

10-03-2002 20:19 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
web
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

Stop surfing!
10-03-2002 22:12 web is offline Send an Email to web Search for Posts by web Add web to your Buddy List
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Thread Starter Thread Started by Andrew

quote:
Originally posted by web
Stop surfing!

The bit a big bad knockwurst
and now their little tummies hurt.
10-03-2002 22:52 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

my wife says Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sharon, my wife, says:

"Pray where you are." Big Grin
10-03-2002 23:04 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

"Beyond the dark gate I see here now
I'll be waiting for you
My hand to God."

-- aotp
10-04-2002 09:35 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Ceremonial Kernel

Dum da dum doi doi doi (2x)
Dum da dum doi doi
Dum da dum doi doi
Dum da dum doi doi doi (repeat)

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh............
(repeat several times)

I'd have people standing in front of my tombstone scratching their heads....

10-04-2002 12:17 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

i'd have to agree with "Awake this dreamer..."
10-04-2002 14:52 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Ubique Epoque

or how about "Hey! At least I stopped smoking now!"
Big Grin

10-04-2002 15:50 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

Here lies Jevon the Tall and that's the truth

10-04-2002 16:02 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

How 'bout, "I've searched the Wall of Heaven and your name's written there"?

10-04-2002 16:06 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve

I thought it was "your names not written there!"

10-04-2002 16:08 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:

Sorry, pal, I couldn't go there!

10-04-2002 16:10 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:

Sorry, pal, I couldn't go there!

it would be a cruel thing to put on your tombstone!
right up there with "I can see up your dress!"

I am sorry... forget I said that! Frown

10-04-2002 16:12 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Headstones

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH