Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA Live @ C-Stone CD » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA Live @ C-Stone CD
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
colorblind colorblind is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-05-2008

DA Live @ C-Stone CD Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Is this one of their more memorable shows?
I'm curious to know how it stands up to other performances of theirs...
You certainly can't complain about all the songs it includes.

03-13-2008 12:03 colorblind is offline Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
colorblind colorblind is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-05-2008

Thread Starter Thread Started by colorblind
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I guess this isn't a popular CD, eh???

03-18-2008 07:51 colorblind is offline Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was there! It was a great show. I have only been to two DA shows and this was the better of the two, but the other was Creation 2001, which was an all too brief set and did not include the amazing Tim Chandler on Bass. It was still a good set, just a bit of a let down after seeing them at C-Stone in 2000. It does have some great tracks on it and a little witty banter. Probably the best parts for me are the audience participation in the Yodel Party, the final encore song, remembering dancing during "Let's Spin," and Terry's talk about faith in the midst of trial. I just listened to this disc yesterday. I only wish the quality was a little higher. It is not terrible, but it could be a little better.

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
03-18-2008 09:47 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
navfox navfox is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

images/avatars/avatar-448.gif

Registration Date: 06-17-2002

The only time I've seen DA live, and it was awesome! They played wonderfully. The disc doesnt do them justice, should be on DVD!
03-18-2008 12:03 navfox is offline Send an Email to navfox Homepage of navfox Search for Posts by navfox Add navfox to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for navfox
James
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-09-2007

I also was there! If you have the chance to get it, don't hesitate! It's great stuff!
03-18-2008 14:49 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

I really enjoy the CD.

Worth getting, by all means! Cool

03-18-2008 17:12 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

ya know, i think we have The Choir, The Choir acoustic, the C-stone mixed one that has the 77s and others, and Adam Again at Cornerstone CDs but I don't think we have the DA one! Shocked Frown

that would've been a mighty fine year to be there Crying

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
03-20-2008 22:01 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
James
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-09-2007

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
that would've been a mighty fine year to be there Crying

Oh, it was, my friend! It was!
03-20-2008 23:01 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

We have a couple clips on youtube;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnwdpADUFX8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZcsDJbbHt4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20l-Q6Pe3SY

03-21-2008 01:27 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
chrharr chrharr is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 02-04-2008

I am wondering if there is a video of the Calvery Chapel reunion concert that DA had a couple of songs on that is on the DA DVD. I would love to have the full concert.

Chris Harris
chrharr@sbcglobal.net

03-23-2008 20:16 chrharr is offline Homepage of chrharr Search for Posts by chrharr Add chrharr to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of chrharr: chrharr YIM Account Name of chrharr: chrharr@sbcglobal.net View the MSN Profile for chrharr
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

The entire DA performance is on the Instruction DVD.

The rest of the reuinion show was released through Calvary Chapel on VHS back in 99. I have no idea if its still available in any format or not.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
03-23-2008 20:27 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

I don't think they performed more than 2 or 3 songs at the CC reunion:

You Lay Down, Walls of Doubt...another?

03-25-2008 15:53 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by .backs.
I don't think they performed more than 2 or 3 songs at the CC reunion:

You Lay Down, Walls of Doubt...another?

ain't gonna fight it.

03-25-2008 16:39 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

ah, I don't remember that

03-25-2008 17:00 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
ah, I don't remember that

First song. Cool

03-25-2008 17:08 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Yup, unfortunately they had a lot of artists to jam into that reunion show.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
03-25-2008 18:19 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

And more pastors with "mini" messages!

03-25-2008 20:29 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Thumb Down! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
And more pastors with "mini" messages!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Shocked

Tongue

03-25-2008 22:47 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA Live @ C-Stone CD

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH