Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Beat Menace lyrics? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Beat Menace lyrics?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

only a small portion of it...........

Cool
10-30-2007 22:51 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Big Grin what joey said! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by ladrtrk55
quote:
Originally posted by joey
quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:
Originally posted by Gamgee
There seems to be some lyrics missing from "Return of the Beat Menace" as listed here on the site.

It's missing from the CD / record and tape as well.

i had to pull out my "cassette" Shocked and check.........
it is.........
(i don't own an "official" copy on cd...... Red Face )
hopefully, it will be right on the arena rock re-issue........ Cool

I might give my old "Dr.Edward Daniel Taylor Miracle Faith Telethon" a listen.
Terry does the "actor's studio" reading of "Return of the Beat Menace".

it's just a small portion of it.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 11-01-2007 10:31.

11-01-2007 10:31 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

the Rev at his best................

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
11-01-2007 10:48 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Ben Ben is a male
Dignified Lazar

Registration Date: 06-15-2004

DwD,

Believe it or not ther are still churches out there like that. My partner (Bob Jones graduate) attends one here in Northern Virginia - a fundalmental Baptist church. He's alway preaching to me about the horrors of rock n roll.

I e-mail him lyrics all the time from DA, SE or LD - drives him nuts!!!

He says putting "christian" in front of roch n roll is like saying "christian prostitution" or "christian murder" - evil is still evil.

Ben

Ben
11-09-2007 13:18 Ben is offline Send an Email to Ben Search for Posts by Ben Add Ben to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

FUnny, just the other day, I heard or read something which said, the music issue is dead, that people don't care about style anymore, just the message. Oh well, apparently there are still pockets.

11-09-2007 13:57 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

most people don't anymore...
keep in mind he said bob jones university graduate..... Big Grin

Cool
11-09-2007 14:12 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

"down in Carolina way..
Lives a man named Big BJ
BJ went and got a school
founded on Caucasian rule"

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
11-09-2007 14:35 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Ben
"christian prostitution"

I suppose it is just a matter of time until we see this.

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
11-17-2007 13:23 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
ladrtrk55
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-652.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007

When the 'Return of the Beat Menace"... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

...came out, it both hillarious and sad at the same time. In the land of musical ignorance, resided a population who, in the words of Ozzie himself, was the last bastion of headbangers during the post punk/new wave era.
When queried by a local reporter as to why, during a low-time in metal history, metal was dead, why was he in South Texas for a concert.
Oz replied that no matter how bleak it may look for metal, they could always depend on the fans of South Texas.
Conversely, there was no one here reaching out to those "pimply-faced, leather clad, stainless tethered, longhaired, fistpumping, headbanging, teens" of the day.

We had a prominent Baptist preacher who was most vocal about the evils of not only Christian rock, but almost all contemporary Christian music. If it had bass, too much drum, any guitar distortion, and if Jesus and or the Cross not mentioned in every verse, it wasn't Christian.

He went so far as to repeat a veritable urban legend of all urban legends....the "rat killing rock guitar distortion" device.
The story goes like this:
A local farmer had some problems with rats in his barn gobbling up the feed. This farmer also was quite the guit-box picker and liked to do some picking on his small amp and electric guitar out in the barn.
One day, as he was playing, some thing happened to the amp. Either as power surge or some sort of malfunction caused the amp to squeal and growl. Immediately, all the small animals ran from the barn.
The next day, the farmer found several dead rats littering the floor.
This enterprising farmer found some way to duplicate the frequencies, made a small box to house the lil' noise maker, and market it.

To this day, there is some sort of pest irradicator, marketed to the rural folk, which mimicks the sound of a distorted heavy metal lead guitar, that kills rats.

true story..............

11-17-2007 18:18 ladrtrk55 is offline Search for Posts by ladrtrk55 Add ladrtrk55 to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Terry said this about the song:
"Let me begin by saying I don't like Ed. Never did.
"Aside from being one among many interesting and amazing instrumental interplays between Greg's symphonic guitars and Tim's eccentrically brilliant base lines, 'The Beat Menace' contains lyrics that at first glance seem to be resurrecting (and railing against) the old 'drums are of the devil' controversy. A closer look however reveals my intention to bemoan the Church's seeming inability to embrace and support the Christian artist as visionary, save for those 'artists' whose work is primarily a means to religious proselytizing and/or driven by hidden profit motives. The key line of the song '...imagination on the rise again, so hide your heart away...' reveals the 'beat' I'm primarily concerned with.
"The line '...re-styles his hair like girls in Tupelo...' seems to be a fan favorite, and since I have not the foggiest idea how girls in Tupelo actually style their hair, this line most likely came from the deep and darkest waters of my disturbed psychic brain-pool."

12-20-2008 03:43 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

I guess it's kind of like Livgren's song Mainstream:

Overkill, have you had your fill
Come to expect it
Off the wall, too short or too tall
System rejects it
Lost the handle, what's it all been for?
Tired of trying, seeing so much more

It's so predictable and everybody judges by the numbers that you're selling
Just crank 'em out on the assembly line and chart 'em higher (higher, higher)
Just keep it simple boys it's gonna be alright as long as you're inside the
Mainstream, are we moving too far away
Is it worth it if it doesn't pay
The centerline is status quo, it's
Mainstream
If you stay within the tried and true
You'll remain among the chosen few
Survive another year

The market is dead, accounts in the red
Media saturation
We're deep in a rut, the arteries cut
Sensory deprivation
Really loved it, didn't earn a cent
No one's buying your experiment

For the masses in Consumerland
Give 'em everything that they demand
Survive another year

Corporate mold, packaged and sold, 16 to 30
Jobbers and racks, they're movin' in stacks
Tactics are dirty
We're in business, what else is it for?
Profit motive, welcome to the war

Just be careful not to rearrange
And don't let 'em catch you getting strange
Survive another year

12-20-2008 03:49 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Beat Menace lyrics?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH