Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Bottom Five MBD songs » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Bottom Five MBD songs 5 Votes - Average Rating: 3.405 Votes - Average Rating: 3.405 Votes - Average Rating: 3.40
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Bottom Five MBD songs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sorry, seems only fair. No flame wars, now...

Mr. Buechner's Dream
Mr. Buechner Wakes Up
A Little Grace
Easy For You
Pretty Little Lies

10-28-2007 18:52 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
anochria anochria is a male
Dignified Lazar

images/avatars/avatar-529.gif

Registration Date: 05-11-2004

bottom four? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I love the characters in the dream sequences too much to put those two songs on my bottom five list.

Pretty Little Lies
A Little Grace
Thick Skin
The Lucky Ones
10-28-2007 19:43 anochria is offline Send an Email to anochria Homepage of anochria Search for Posts by anochria Add anochria to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Thread Starter Thread Started by John Foxe
MDB is such a great recording... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

... I didn't think this thread would go very far!

10-29-2007 13:33 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Woolly Eggwhisk

Dyslexia Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I meant MBD.
We're all guilty of keyboard dyslexia, right?

(Yes, there is a dog.)

10-29-2007 13:34 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I didn't really think the bonus track was worth waiting for....

.....but the rest is great!

(am currently listening to Bibleland for the first time in ages - love it!)

www.smashthatcomputer.com
10-29-2007 13:35 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
George
Dignified Lazar

images/avatars/avatar-282.jpg

Registration Date: 10-08-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I pretty much love 'em all--BUT

1. Faithful Street--seems like Da's done this before and they are past it.

You know what--the rest of 'em are really good.
11-08-2007 21:37 George is offline Search for Posts by George Add George to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

I can't really rate a bottom or top 5 from Mr. B's Dream. There will seem to be some songs I don't care for, but then when I hear one of them one day, I discover something about it that I really like. It's just a brilliant album.
11-09-2007 09:18 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Mr. Buechner's Dream is a great album on several levels, but, like most multi-record (or in this case, CD) albums, there tends to be some inconsistancies. I will state that there are no bad songs on MBD, only some that are "less-great" than others.
Here are my bottom five, in no special order:

1. The Lucky Ones
2. Joel
3. Child on a Leash
4. Pregnant Pause
5. Bonus Track

08-16-2008 02:37 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Aqua Green Toupee Aqua Green Toupee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-19-2004

I have one thing to say about this thread:

TTTHHHHHBBBBBBBBBBFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
08-22-2008 19:52 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Brown
I can't really rate a bottom or top 5 from Mr. B's Dream.
It's just a brilliant album.

Yes. There are no songs I do not like on this album.
I love it all the way through.
I love the way the songs build on each other.
It is a masterwork.

08-22-2008 20:55 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Thumb Down! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I voted.

08-22-2008 20:56 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
George
Dignified Lazar

images/avatars/avatar-282.jpg

Registration Date: 10-08-2007

Yep. I voted too.
08-29-2008 20:57 George is offline Search for Posts by George Add George to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie_az
Mr. Buechner's Dream is a great album on several levels, but, like most multi-record (or in this case, CD) albums, there tends to be some inconsistancies. I will state that there are no bad songs on MBD, only some that are "less-great" than others.

1. The Lucky Ones
2. Joel
3. Child on a Leash
4. Pregnant Pause
5. Bonus Track

JOEL!?!?! LESS GREAT?!?! JOEL?!?!

Needless to say, I respect your opinion but cannot concur.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by PuP: 08-29-2008 23:14.

08-29-2008 23:13 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Woolly Eggwhisk

Joel??? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That's one of Terry's favorites! He has played it at many of the TST and Dogs concerts.

08-29-2008 23:44 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Joel is, um, pretty much scripture put to music. And, for Terry, pretty straight-forward music. In my opinion, it would have fit better on Nazarene Crying Towel.
Even so, I still like it. Just not as much as the other songs on MBD.

08-30-2008 00:48 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by PuP
quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie_az

1. The Lucky Ones
2. Joel
3. Child on a Leash
4. Pregnant Pause
5. Bonus Track

JOEL!?!?! LESS GREAT?!?! JOEL?!?!

Needless to say, I respect your opinion but cannot concur.

Those other songs are great too.
Even the bonus track is what it is.
Cracks me up everytime.

I should log on with my other user names to vote on this thread a couple more times!

Evil

08-30-2008 05:15 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
ftg3plus4 ftg3plus4 is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-622.jpg

Registration Date: 04-15-2005

I've only heard MBD once. I'd probably like it if I heard it again, but at the time it didn't grab me like I expected it to. I mean, it had been hyped as the band's best album ever -- that's hard to live up to!

Anyway, I remember being especially put off by the opening track (I believe the title was "This Is The One"). I thought, no "best" album, especially from DA, is going to start like this!

09-24-2008 09:57 ftg3plus4 is offline Search for Posts by ftg3plus4 Add ftg3plus4 to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Fly-by Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

MBD is by far my most favorite DA recording.

But on disc 1 I find myself always skipping the first two tracks, and track 19. The songs I'm sure appeal to some, and they obviously work with the theme, but they just seem weak to me. Or maybe I just wanna rock, and they seem too laid back. I just feel like 'Your Long Year' is the real start.

The other thing that's somewhat annoying is the obvious background static noise at various places, such as end of 'over her shoulder' / start of 'staggering gods', and start of 'Joel'. I'm assuming this is not a quality control problem, so I guess I just don't get it.

09-24-2008 11:01 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

RE: Fly-by Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe
MBD is by far my most favorite DA recording.

But on disc 1 I find myself always skipping the first two tracks, and track 19. The songs I'm sure appeal to some, and they obviously work with the theme, but they just seem weak to me. Or maybe I just wanna rock, and they seem too laid back. I just feel like 'Your Long Year' is the real start.

I usually skip that one.

quote:
The other thing that's somewhat annoying is the obvious background static noise at various places, such as end of 'over her shoulder' / start of 'staggering gods', and start of 'Joel'. I'm assuming this is not a quality control problem, so I guess I just don't get it.

I always thought it was the fireplace.

Mr. Buechner's Dream

from the album "Mr Buechner's Dream"
Music by Daniel Amos, Words by T. S. Taylor
©2001 Zoom Daddy/BMI

Old Chesterton with his cherubs face
Greets Lewis by the fireplace
And Miss O'Connor dressed in southern grace
Can't keep up with Mr. William's pace

The night concealed
But love revealed
The players in this scene
And Wimsey rides
The Wizard's Tide
In Mr. Buechner's dream

Eliot in tweed and smoke
Laughs at G.K.'s bawdy joke
And Carroll in his Oxford's coat
Pulls a talking rabbit from his cloak

Arriving late
Percy gravitates
To miss Sayers and Mr. Greene
And Wimsey rides
The Wizard's Tide
In Mr. Buechner's dream

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
09-24-2008 13:05 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i usually listen to my one disc cd-r version of mbd....... Shocked
yes, it cuts some songs out.... i don't remember which ones...
and cuts out the annoying 15 minutes of silence between and so it goes and the yippy kayay ************ song..........
so sue me... Tongue

Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by joey: 09-24-2008 13:10.

09-24-2008 13:08 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Bottom Five MBD songs

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH