Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Orignal Lineup » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Orignal Lineup
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
clipon clipon is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 10-05-2007

Orignal Lineup Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey...

Any chance Terry could get the original Da lineup together to do an album or an EP? Maybe thats not possible - the rest of the band would be peeved, contract issues whatever. Im just wondering if thats even possible! Sure would be fun!

jason
10-05-2007 12:16 clipon is offline Homepage of clipon Search for Posts by clipon Add clipon to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

RE: Orignal Lineup Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Define "original lineup", Ken Paxton is kicking around here, ask him I guess...

10-05-2007 12:30 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
navfox navfox is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

images/avatars/avatar-448.gif

Registration Date: 06-17-2002

RE: Orignal Lineup Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think they did get back together minus Steve and I think its on thier new DVD. Am I right or was it really a dream ?
10-05-2007 19:57 navfox is offline Send an Email to navfox Homepage of navfox Search for Posts by navfox Add navfox to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for navfox
clipon clipon is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 10-05-2007

Thread Starter Thread Started by clipon
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think it would be great...maybe they do an EP...probally couldent call it Daniel Amos, i assume their are copywrite issues. But maybe get a bunch of exmembers together, make a new record. I, for one, would pre-order a copy!
10-19-2007 16:04 clipon is offline Homepage of clipon Search for Posts by clipon Add clipon to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah they reunited for a Maranatha! Event, that is on the DVD. And they have discussed reuniting for a few shows. I think the difficult part is schedules and finding time to rehearse. For people to take off work, travel and rehearse for a week... they need some cash.

10-19-2007 16:12 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-509.jpg

Registration Date: 03-27-2002

quote:
they need some cash.

quote:
cos we’re on empty
so fill up our tank
with good and plenty, milk and
honey, and money in the bank

10-19-2007 17:00 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
And they have discussed reuniting for a few shows. I think the difficult part is schedules and finding time to rehearse. For people to take off work, travel and rehearse for a week... they need some cash.

cash was proffered not all that long ago, a website setup (by some BD and some buddies), ... no dice from Terry as I understand it ... Frown

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
10-23-2007 11:07 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
navfox navfox is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
... no dice from Terry as I understand it ... Frown

What do you mean?
10-23-2007 11:16 navfox is offline Send an Email to navfox Homepage of navfox Search for Posts by navfox Add navfox to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for navfox
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by navfox
quote:
... no dice from Terry as I understand it ... Frown

What do you mean?

the promoters were serious about backing a concert.

Terry didn't exactly say no, but I think danced around the issue and finally quit responding? i'm sure someone else can confirm/refute my memory?

Got a few miles left ...

10-23-2007 11:21 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

i was ready to pony up.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
10-23-2007 12:15 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

I think I was ready to put in $100 and wait on the DVD, even though there was no way I could actually be there.

Got a few miles left ...

10-23-2007 14:32 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Attention Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i was ready to chip in what i could.... and buy the ticket back to cali...
but i was expecting terry/tim/greg/ed and maybe jerry...
not the *^%$ing original lineup! Mad Tongue

"that was a different band....." -tst cstone '84

Cool
10-23-2007 14:36 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Ubique Epoque

exactly

Got a few miles left ...

10-23-2007 14:38 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Here's my "wacky fan" personal ratings of DA material. Don't have time to comment a lot on each now; may add more later. I just recently heard all of HD and Doppelganger, which I converted from LP. I have been listening to all of DA's catalog.

Daniel Amos
C good country sounds, dated production now

Shotgun Angel
C+ a little better than DA, perhaps

Horrendous Disc
B- I like better than SA, more variety of sounds

Alarma
B- Technically better and tighter than previous efforts but moving musically in a direction I didn't like as good

Doppelganger
B+ Some rockin' tunes, good variety. Really like Memory Lane and Little Crosses. New Car is a fun tune. Get the Live in Anaheim 1985 DVD if you don't have it.

Vox Humana
C- I hate dinky keyboard sounds. Sanctuary is the high point IMHO. Dance Stop is fun.

Fearful Symmetry
C+ Don't like quite as good as Alarma but better than Vox. Again, too much keyboard. The Pool is the best tune IMHO.

Darn Floor Big Bite
A++ Can't do much better than this.

Kalhoun
B+ If You Want to is awesome. The rest mostly just good.

Motorcycle
A+ Has a lot of production work and cool sounds.

Bibleland
A More raw, unplugged feel but I still think there are a lot of good tunes on there.

Songs of the Heart
A+ A lot of people got turned off by this one, but I really dig it.

Mr. Buechner's Dream
A++ Not necessarily better than DFBB, but more tunes.

Got a few miles left ...

10-23-2007 14:58 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

I think it would be a tough sell for an artist to revisit and/or redo something that they did 25+ years ago. Sure, bands do their hits, but are usually far more excited about what they are doing now. A "Daniel Amos"/"Shotgun Angel" lineup concert really would not interest me as much as a "Horrendous Disc" lineup concert, but then again, Terry has already done that, and now seems to be more interested in The Dogs or SE (comprised mostly of Dogs) than anything else.

BTW, I wish I could compose a "Wacky Fan Letter" review list, but I've never heard most of that stuff!!!

10-23-2007 15:58 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
navfox navfox is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by joey

You mean the "DA" of Motorcycle!!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by navfox: 10-23-2007 16:23.

10-23-2007 16:22 navfox is offline Send an Email to navfox Homepage of navfox Search for Posts by navfox Add navfox to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for navfox
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by navfox
quote:
Originally posted by joey

You mean the "DA" of Motorcycle!!

that'll work.......... Cool Cool Cool

Cool
10-23-2007 16:31 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Josh&etc Josh&etc is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-401.gif

Registration Date: 11-29-2006

I'll try the wacky fan letter.

Daniel Amos
C straight country=meh. it's very good for what it is, and actually the best song from this era-Ain't Gonna Fight it-isn't even on the album. Is there a story behind this?the

Shotgun Angel
B- Father's Arms is easily the best countryish song they ever did, and the 2nd half of the album is very creative.

Horrendous Disc
B Very good, definitely progress from the country sound. More notable for what it was to the CCM scene than artistic quality.

Alarma
B+ I like the new wave sound. Stands up well to many Talking Heads and other new wave albums.

Doppelganger
A- What makes this better than Alarma? Tim Chandler, it's better lyrically, and it's more creative.

Vox Humana
B- Sanctuary is a great song, although I'd love to hear a de-synthed version of it. Too much synth here, and it screams at points "we need a lead guitarist".

Fearful Symmetry
B- Then when the band gets a lead guitarist, they need to use him more. Other than that, the Pool is a great song, Beautiful One is very good, and there's enough different stuff to keep the album afloat.

Darn Floor Big Bite
A+ Words fail me Wink

Kalhoun
B+ Very good all the way around

Motor Cycle
A+ Not as good as DFBB, but excellent. It sounds like they had a lot of great material, were trying to figure out which of it to use, and someone said "let's put all of it in". It has sort of an Abbey Road feel to it.

Bibleland
B More inconsistent than most of their other stuff. Broken Ladders, I'll Get Over It are great, Stone Away, The Bubble Bursts are very good, but songs like Constance of the Universe and Theo's Logic seem too overproduced for punk, and too disoriented for anything else.

Songs of the Heart
B underrated, but some of the songs (Loveland, Sins of the Fathers) seem to miss their mark.

Mr. Buechner's Dream
A Excellent in quality and length. Not quite as good at it's best as Motor Cycle or DFBB, but that's no shame.

10-23-2007 17:01 Josh&etc is offline Search for Posts by Josh&etc Add Josh&etc to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-509.jpg

Registration Date: 03-27-2002

Not too bad Wacky Josh

10-23-2007 17:18 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
And they have discussed reuniting for a few shows. I think the difficult part is schedules and finding time to rehearse. For people to take off work, travel and rehearse for a week... they need some cash.

cash was proffered not all that long ago, a website setup (by some BD and some buddies), ... no dice from Terry as I understand it ... Frown

Yeah its been talked about and planned on several occasions. At one time, Ed was trying to set up a show at a club in CA for example.

Terry's view is basically that its almost impossible to get everyone together long enough to actually plan a good show. They didn't want to throw one together in an hour or something... they wanted at least a week of rehearsal time, etc. To do that, it would mean flying in a lot of people from a lot of different locations, they'd have to get off from work, someone would have to pay them well enough that they could take that time off, etc, etc.

I don't think any of them would say it was absolutely impossible.. but, the odds are definitely against it.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-23-2007 18:20 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Orignal Lineup

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH