Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Everytime I smell Chlorine I think of Vox Humana » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Everytime I smell Chlorine I think of Vox Humana
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-509.jpg

Registration Date: 03-27-2002

Everytime I smell Chlorine I think of Vox Humana Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ahh great summers! In the hot Texas sun at my friend Brad's swimming pool. Our favorite swimming album was Vox Humana We even invented a DA inspired game called "Slapped Silly". The rules I don't remember but I do rememebr if a soccerball hit you in the face and you didn't catch it you got "Slapped Silly". Hmm that might be the whole game there? From beginning to end and then again we would flood our ears with DA. We'd pull our chlorine water soaked hair straight upwards and run around the pool popping each other with towels. We would pretend we had rocket packs on as we sprung of the board. Mellow with some lemonade when WB came on and look of into the clear blue sky. Good times. Thanks Terry!

09-06-2007 15:50 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
anochria anochria is a male
Dignified Lazar

images/avatars/avatar-529.gif

Registration Date: 05-11-2004

Album Associations Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit this but Zoom Daddy still reminds me of playing Super Mario on Nintendo 64-- especially Multipurpose Man. Sure seems like I should either have been doing something deep or at least involving human contact (as in your example), but, hey, it's not the first association between Terry and video games.

Here are some other album associations:

Outdoor Elvis and Kalhoun- High School
Songs of the Heart and Gift Horse- Backpacking Trips
09-06-2007 21:44 anochria is offline Send an Email to anochria Homepage of anochria Search for Posts by anochria Add anochria to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

Thread Starter Thread Started by Drtuddle
Fearful Symmetry Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

A good memory of Fearful Symmetry was when my friends and I would go camping about a mile from our neighborhood down Red Oak Creek into the woods. Well we would make some late night ventures back into civilization. You know toilet paper, fork a yard, ring the big annoying bell on Willowcreek street behind these people's house, knock on a few doors or ring the doorbell. Well our entry way back to the woods was a little trail between a house and a vacant wooded lot. As we headed back into the woods we turned on our Ghetto Blaster (The Ghetto blaster bearer was equivalent to a flag bearer in our gang) which just happened to be playing Fearful Symmetry. Unbeknownst to most of us, one of our flock had run off to ring one last door bell. All the sudden this friend comes running up to us just as we were about to get off the main road towards the trail and tells us to run. The lights come on at the house and you can here the door open. We started running through the huge cedar trees where spiders had just spun their webs for the night. Also it happened to be a full moon. As we ran you could here "When the moonlight sleeps on the frosted hill" I can imagine those older people listening to To that eerie song fade into the woods. It felt like we were in slow mo. Thanks Terry!

09-06-2007 23:25 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

sorry - I was all growed up (on the outside)when this stuff "hit the street"
My kids were buying cassettes- and No 1 Son brought home Vox .

I did do my own version of the robot to "Its the 80s" in my kitchen quite a bit..

(that was when I had a super tape deck in the living room- with extension speakers to the kitchen.and a simple A/B switch on my pre-amp....-its all in my garage now.. and at least set up with my CD player and a single speaker..a mans gotta live!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
09-07-2007 10:42 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
snowblind snowblind is a male
Mind Peach

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 01-29-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Every time I smell Vox Humana, I think of chlorine.
09-07-2007 10:53 snowblind is offline Homepage of snowblind Search for Posts by snowblind Add snowblind to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Thumb Down! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i didn't think you could top the steering wheel thread in suckiness, but you did...... Tongue

Cool
09-07-2007 11:18 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
i didn't think you could top the steering wheel thread in suckiness, but you did......

Now, Now, Joseph! Don't make me unleash the Wacky Fan on ya big boy! Wink

09-07-2007 15:14 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

at least the wacky fan was funny........... Tongue

Wink

Cool
09-07-2007 16:07 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
at least the wacky fan was funny

Exactly

09-07-2007 16:36 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
James
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-09-2007

On a related note, listening to Zoom Daddy and Motorcycle always reminds me of working at a steel forge in '95. I absolutely hated the job, to the point of being depressed and getting physically sick (work aside, this was a horrible time in my life). I listened to these albums on the way to work to make myself feel better. Consequently, I feel a strange mixture of sadness, relief, and joy when I listen to these albums today.
09-12-2007 23:45 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Everytime I smell Chlorine I think of Vox Humana

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH