Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Album Cover Trivia » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Album Cover Trivia
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-509.jpg

Registration Date: 03-27-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Is that really what the Book set is going for?

08-28-2007 21:33 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Its what people think they can sell it for I suppose. I think it goes a lot cheaper than that on ebay, like $120?

That guys review is so full of misinformation its actually funny. The song was never called "Its Slick", the original CD pressing of Vox Humana had a typo with the title changed from "Its Sick" to "Its Slick" which was corrected in the book set. One listen to the song a person can tell Terry is saying 'its sick', as in the human condition, not its slick as in advertisement.

They didn't rerecord the alarma chronicles for the bookset, that would never happen. The set has nothing to do with Granpap Larry. The songs are not in mixed up order. They didn't change lyrics.

The reason the set was on 3 CDs was because one of the owners of the albums didn't want the album reissued as a single disc, keeping their investment intact.

The price of the set on amazon, is not what the band sold them for. Its what resellers are selling it for, can't blame the band for that high price. The dude is goofed up.

08-28-2007 22:18 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

I have one and had it stashed away. Some how It got a small puncture in the cover but everything else is perfect. Cd's unopened. Could I have bought it at Cornerstone 2000? Mine has,marked in pin, 1617. It says $39.98US on the back. I won't sale it!

08-28-2007 22:43 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

i had bought two when they were offered (from the online store). i sold one on ebay (as well as a autographed copy of little red riding hood) and gave the money to terry (via theo).

things are not looking so good around here (moneywise) so i might need to look into selling my last one. maybe also a few other things...like one of my "darn floor" cds. time will tell. family first....music induldges way after.

i guess the good news is that if i need to sell some stuff.....someone who loves the music will have it! Smile

08-28-2007 22:57 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

I would like to try and find a book printing place we could use to create some more, even if they were softcover versions. Books is spensive.

I had two copies of Darn Floor, but ended up giving a copy to Tennapel because he didn't have one. Big Grin

08-28-2007 23:14 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
I had two copies of Darn Floor, but ended up giving a copy to Tennapel because he didn't have one.

My friend who works for a pretty conservative blog/vlog got Tennapel to do a little political cartoon for the site. Must be a nice guy.

I heard Tennapel call into Michael Medved's radio talk show one time. He slipped in a plug for catscratch because they got a toy deal with McDonalds. I should have gotten those Toys!

08-28-2007 23:32 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
snowblind snowblind is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-29-2007

I had Vox Humana on cassette back in the day and knew that it was "It's Sick". I have the individual CD pressing, but never noticed the typo. Pretty funny. I have all four of the Alarma Chronicles on separate CDs (not the box set), so having the opportunity to nab the book would be really cool. Since I had the separate CDs, I never saw the necessity to get the box set.
08-29-2007 07:03 snowblind is offline Homepage of snowblind Search for Posts by snowblind Add snowblind to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

Is that a KFC bucket beside OE?
08-29-2007 07:22 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I was thinking the same thing Jimmy.

Big Grin

08-29-2007 07:27 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

A Briefing for the ascent Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"A Briefing for the ascent" album cover The yellow rectangle has a crooked line in it

08-29-2007 12:24 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
navfox navfox is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

images/avatars/avatar-448.gif

Registration Date: 06-17-2002

Secret Message Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What was the secret message on the Alarma! albums?
08-29-2007 14:06 navfox is offline Send an Email to navfox Homepage of navfox Search for Posts by navfox Add navfox to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for navfox
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
What was the secret message on the Alarma! albums

Stop surfing?

08-29-2007 14:41 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Shocked Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"...but I have heard both, and can hear a bit of a difference."

That is too funny! Tongue LOL! Tongue

08-29-2007 15:52 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

I understand the symbol (of the church window) on FS was promoted as a "find the message" (wasnt it??)
I never owned the original LP..think I had it on cassette originally..
I never delved into what the message was supposed to be- and brought that up on this board long ago-
perhaps as trivia someone may shed more light on this??

if you look in the DA discography- this appears at the bottom of the info page.

*To solve the window puzzle look for the DA newsletter.

does anyone have archives of any newsletters?
That would be cool stuff to have also.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
08-29-2007 15:56 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
navfox navfox is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

images/avatars/avatar-448.gif

Registration Date: 06-17-2002

Wasnt it a commercial for Compassion USA or something?
08-29-2007 16:48 navfox is offline Send an Email to navfox Homepage of navfox Search for Posts by navfox Add navfox to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for navfox
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy

does anyone have archives of any newsletters?
That would be cool stuff to have also.

Scroll down a bit...

http://www.danielamos.com/articles.html

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-29-2007 17:56 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
Its what people think they can sell it for I suppose. I think it goes a lot cheaper than that on ebay, like $120?

dorfy just sold one on ebay for $140...

Cool
08-29-2007 18:17 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
audiori

You guys are good! Terry is lucky to have you guys come along! Cool

08-29-2007 18:22 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

quote:
Originally posted by snowblind
I have all four of the Alarma Chronicles on separate CDs (not the box set), so having the opportunity to nab the book would be really cool. Since I had the separate CDs, I never saw the necessity to get the box set.

I had all four individual CD's, but I got the box set anyway. Glad I did at those eBay prices.

I have an extra copy of "Preachers" and "Horrendous" still in shrink wrap. Maybe I should sell both, especially if the new version of HD comes to pass. The only Terry project I missed out on was "Little Big". I never see it for sale, though.

Tom G. gave me two copies of Ten Gallon Hat.

08-29-2007 19:00 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
snowblind snowblind is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-29-2007

quote:
Originally posted by jyroflux
quote:
Originally posted by snowblind
I have all four of the Alarma Chronicles on separate CDs (not the box set), so having the opportunity to nab the book would be really cool. Since I had the separate CDs, I never saw the necessity to get the box set.

I had all four individual CD's, but I got the box set anyway. Glad I did at those eBay prices.

I have an extra copy of "Preachers" and "Horrendous" still in shrink wrap. Maybe I should sell both, especially if the new version of HD comes to pass. The only Terry project I missed out on was "Little Big". I never see it for sale, though.

Tom G. gave me two copies of Ten Gallon Hat.

Hindsight being 20/20, I wish I'd have gotten it too. There are quite a few of the more rare DA/TST CDs that I don't have, including Preachers, Horrendous Disc, Little Big, and several others... Frown
08-29-2007 20:19 snowblind is offline Homepage of snowblind Search for Posts by snowblind Add snowblind to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Album Cover Trivia

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH