Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Darn Floor Big Curiosity » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Darn Floor Big Curiosity
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

DFBB was a great album because ...

they did not try to sound like the Beatles! Tongue Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
12-20-2006 15:11 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

12-20-2006 15:43 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Lur King
Every song in that book is written for the mandolin.

12-20-2006 16:31 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Scrimshaw Nick Scrimshaw Nick is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-387.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

mandolins suck! Mad

Sorry, I thought I was joey for a minute. Tongue

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards
12-20-2006 17:43 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
Josh&etc Josh&etc is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-401.gif

Registration Date: 11-29-2006

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy

I found a real fun site for those who dig DFFB-
are you ready?????
(hang on to your collective hats here.....sheesh!)

http://www.av1611.org/cqguide.html

Roll Eyes
I just have one question: Does this site have anything to do with the Right Reverend Dr. Edward Daniel Taylor?

Seriously, my eyes hurt from all the red letters (not to mention the high velocity scrolling Big Grin )

12-21-2006 09:12 Josh&etc is offline Search for Posts by Josh&etc Add Josh&etc to your Buddy List
SnowMan SnowMan is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 09-10-2006

In the early days of AAR, somebody from the forums here was exceptionally kind and sent me (anonymously) DFBB on vinyl, unopened. What an incredible gift. Still, I didn't have a copy of the album which I could listen to because there was NO WAY I was opening the LP.

Well, somebody else from this community sent me an extra original CD copy of DFBB, so the LP traveled all the way to C-Stone with me and...

In an earlier conversation, Terry had mentioned to me that he himself had no copy of DFBB. So, I passed the LP on to Terry. I hope whomever sent me that LP is happy with where it ended up and not offended that I passed it along.

But there's the stinkin' irony: the originator of the tunes did not himself own a copy of DFBB. That was just wrong. Wink

12-21-2006 09:22 SnowMan is offline Homepage of SnowMan Search for Posts by SnowMan Add SnowMan to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

quote:
Originally posted by SnowMan

But there's the stinkin' irony: the originator of the tunes did not himself own a copy of DFBB. That was just wrong. Wink

or the rights to reprint it....... Frown
hi theo! Big Grin

Cool
12-21-2006 10:59 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

quote:
Originally posted by joey
quote:

hi theo! Big Grin

its prolly not even floating around in his head anymore even........
pushed out by that dang Catscratch theme...!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
12-21-2006 14:35 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Frown Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
quote:

hi theo! Big Grin

Crying

Cool
12-21-2006 15:07 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

hi theo! Big Grin

Crying

Tongue LOL! Tongue

12-21-2006 16:00 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
In the early days of AAR, somebody from the forums here was exceptionally kind and sent me (anonymously) DFBB on vinyl, unopened. What an incredible gift. Still, I didn't have a copy of the album which I could listen to because there was NO WAY I was opening the LP.

Well, somebody else from this community sent me an extra original CD copy of DFBB, so the LP traveled all the way to C-Stone with me and...

In an earlier conversation, Terry had mentioned to me that he himself had no copy of DFBB. So, I passed the LP on to Terry. I hope whomever sent me that LP is happy with where it ended up and not offended that I passed it along.

That was not "just wrong" - actually, that BITES BIG! Tongue Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mountain Fan: 01-02-2007 11:48.

01-02-2007 11:48 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Shadow-Master713 Shadow-Master713 is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 01-31-2005

quote:

are you ready?????

Wow, that just......wow......

"The purpose of Christian music was NEVER meant to evangelize the lost!"

I can't put into words how ridiculous that sounds.

Back on topic, the only copy of DFBB I've ever had is on cassette. I need to go back and give it a listen since I haven't heard it since I was in middle school.
01-04-2007 17:50 Shadow-Master713 is offline Send an Email to Shadow-Master713 Homepage of Shadow-Master713 Search for Posts by Shadow-Master713 Add Shadow-Master713 to your Buddy List
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 06-28-2002

quote:

are you ready?????

Here is a line from that website makes me laugh:

"Let's listen to the "screaming-satanic-man-worship" in a few CCM concerts..."

fantastic...

jeffrey k.

01-04-2007 18:58 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

quote:
screaming-satanic-man-worship

The next DA album title, perhaps?

01-05-2007 09:22 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
oomarty7 oomarty7 is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 04-23-2005

Here is a line from that website makes me laugh:

"Let's listen to the "screaming-satanic-man-worship" in a few CCM concerts..."

fantastic...

I think that website might have a point though, I feel a little bad listening to "screaming-satanic-man-worship." Maybe if it was toned down a little to "wailing-demonic-man-accolades" I would feel more comfortable with it. Just a thought.
01-05-2007 18:46 oomarty7 is offline Send an Email to oomarty7 Homepage of oomarty7 Search for Posts by oomarty7 Add oomarty7 to your Buddy List
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 06-28-2002

quote:
Originally posted by oomarty7
I think that website might have a point though, I feel a little bad listening to "screaming-satanic-man-worship." Maybe if it was toned down a little to "wailing-demonic-man-accolades" I would feel more comfortable with it. Just a thought.

Are you being serious? Do you really think they have a point?

jeffrey k.

01-06-2007 08:57 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Sure they do...it's just invalid. Tongue
01-06-2007 10:31 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by DwDunphy

In fact, I partly agree with the statement that Christian Rock (ew) is not meant to evangelize, at least not in the traditional sense, If anything, the best of the stuff coaxes the listener into making their own decisions, not beating them over the head with the Gideon, then scorching their feet with hellfire.

The best Christian music tries to show God through different lenses. After all, there are many out there who would be saved if only they thought God still existed, period. The athiestic nihlism that is part & parcel of the modern culture doesn't even have room for the thought. Sometimes, all it takes is someone to say, "that amazing thing you're seeing can't be an accident".

It's also good for the practicing Christian to hear, now and again, that God does not talk in everyone's ear or make them speak in tongues or give them faith-healing gifts. God has not forsaken you just because you live an average life - actually, your averageness might be His greatest blessing to you, depending on how you look at it.

So I agree in part that the best CCM doesn't beat the listener into spiritual submission, but kind of points them to the door. As for the 'screaming man worship', the writer will just have to reconcile that his own darn self.

DwD
01-06-2007 10:45 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

yeah, except what they are saying by "not meant to evangelize" is that the only proper use of music is praising God, as defined by them.
01-06-2007 14:11 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Eis
yeah, except what they are saying by "not meant to evangelize" is that the only proper use of music is praising God, as defined by them.

I know certain folk who attest to that - that music is Gods creation ONLY- well - and that everything in life is for praising God ONLY..

honestly - I was in a discussion about that and said- "Oops excuse me- I passd gas..was THAT for Gods Glory??

really!... I hope it had vibrato and intonation.......

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jiminy: 01-07-2007 08:24.

01-07-2007 08:22 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Darn Floor Big Curiosity

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH