Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » howdy, folks » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page howdy, folks
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Berger Roy Al
Swirling Eddies

Registration Date: 02-14-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

AND STOP MAKING ME USE EVEN MORE AND MORE EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Berger Roy Al: 06-23-2006 23:05.

06-23-2006 23:03 Berger Roy Al is offline Send an Email to Berger Roy Al Homepage of Berger Roy Al Search for Posts by Berger Roy Al Add Berger Roy Al to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Berger Roy Al: I_am_not_insane! YIM Account Name of Berger Roy Al: I_AM_not_insane! View the MSN Profile for Berger Roy Al
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Al's bum is soooo low....

06-23-2006 23:08 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Berger Roy Al
Swirling Eddies

WHAT?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GGGKggggkxckxkckgXK!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Berger Roy Al: 06-23-2006 23:20.

06-23-2006 23:16 Berger Roy Al is offline Send an Email to Berger Roy Al Homepage of Berger Roy Al Search for Posts by Berger Roy Al Add Berger Roy Al to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Berger Roy Al: I_am_not_insane! YIM Account Name of Berger Roy Al: I_AM_not_insane! View the MSN Profile for Berger Roy Al
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

i am not telling you any more about sa until you use 900, 304 exclamation points.

06-24-2006 12:39 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

He can't. His "Ggkxk" key is stuck.

06-25-2006 21:06 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Gabriel Syme Gabriel Syme is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-135.gif

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
quote:
OH, and more importantly, from that story it sounds as if you're primed and ready for DA and/or SE recording sessions

like you wouldn't believe.

At the risk of quoting Bigdork.org, "Woo Hoo!"

& thanks for the great studio story. Big Grin

Sorry to hear about your safely induced injury. I hope you feel better this week.

I once almost injured myself picking up a loaded 2-drawer filing cabinet. Well, that's not completely true. I was lifting weights in those days & I knew I could maintain proper position and either pick it up or not. What I wouldn't do was pick it up wrong. But as I started to raise it off the floor, half a dozen people jumped at me to try to stop me, causing me to lose positioning. They couldn't understand why I was so mad at them for "helping."
06-26-2006 07:21 Gabriel Syme is offline Search for Posts by Gabriel Syme Add Gabriel Syme to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Hey Tim!
I just saw this yesterday and had to give it some time to think of just what to say!...

Wow...a body cast? You okay, man?

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Hope you're doing well! Blessings atchya!!!! Pleased
06-27-2006 12:42 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Berger Roy Al
Swirling Eddies

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!what?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06-29-2006 10:04 Berger Roy Al is offline Send an Email to Berger Roy Al Homepage of Berger Roy Al Search for Posts by Berger Roy Al Add Berger Roy Al to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Berger Roy Al: I_am_not_insane! YIM Account Name of Berger Roy Al: I_AM_not_insane! View the MSN Profile for Berger Roy Al
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Hey Berger!
Shouldn't you be rehearsing with Lost Dogs?
If not.............I guess they can use Slocum.
Or is Derri playing bass?
Why I am asking you?
You wouldn't know.
Congrats, BTW, on the Swirling Eddies MySpace page.

06-29-2006 11:23 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Uh, I believe derri's playing bass, but how would berger know that? Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused I guess we'd have to ask Chandler, but since he won't be around until friday Roll Eyes

Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying bereal shedding tears over not getting to see derri and the those other 3 guys that play with him on this tour Frown

you all should know that i am really .sad that i won't get to see all the guys. i love seeing mike, terry and steve, but derri is my favorite.................. Tongue

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
06-29-2006 15:47 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
ok, here's a little Dogs studio story (and uvulapie, if you're out there, you'll recognize this, of course.)

i think i've probably mentioned before that Terry, Steve, Derri, and Mike have always been fearless at letting me try anything in the studio. and they remain so to this day.

but, um--i finally went too far. i was playing a ridiculously fuzzed-out thing (bass feedback and bending the strings, etc--it kind of sounded like a car crash) on the new Dogs record, and when i finished a pass at the song and the song ended, both Mike and Derri were slumped over with their heads in their hands. BOTH of them actually had their heads in their hands. Mike was moaning. someone in the room was cursing. Derri wouldn't speak. Mike finally moaned "that is SOOO wrong." Terry ran into the room and said, "No. No! I'm too old for this!"

i actually kind of made them mad. needless to say, this whole thing was hysterically funny to me and i couldn't stop laughing. and it made me feel good that i took it as far as it could go. i felt like i owed it to them.

obviously that particular pass didn't survive and i had to substantially reel it back in.

OK, I don't have the CD yet but have listened to the clips. I must ask you about this tim:
What do you think about the song Devils Elbow?

While I think this will be a great CD and I am very thankful the guys made the effort to record it, I am a bit bewildered by the vocal on this song. (Actually while listening to the clip I told br "that just ain't right"). I really like Terry's simple version on When Everyone Wore Hats Disc 3. I really liked this new Dogs version, the faster beat and all UNTIL smooth Derri chimed in and then Terry did the high vocal part (that was Terry and not Mike, right!? Shocked It sounds good and smooth, just doesn't match the song). To me this is not a song for high voices. Mike has the lower growl he does so good, which fits the arrangement of the song well. If they wanted to do the high voices and soften it, they should have kept a slower pace like some of the stuff on Mutt (speaking of which I liked all the remakes a few others took issue with). I also liked the DA rockin' arrangement of "Who's Who Here" in contrast to the simple quiet demo of Terry's shown on the Making of MBD DVD (great home video work BTW, tim).

The only thing I can guess is that Terry's high vocal part here was in a way him sticking his tongue out at the critics from Songs of the Heart days that said he lost his vocal range since he was singing lower (of course he was doing it on purpose, not because he lost any range Roll Eyes ). I guess I should really ask Terry if I get the chance. Maybe they should have let you put in a wacky bass part on that song?

I put this in this thread because I think if I was there listening when it was being recorded I would have been putting my head in my hands after those high, girly vocal takes on Devil's Elbow and moaning "Nooooo.....". Tongue Crying

OK, now that I've got that off my chest I better add this for the general public: If you're even remotely a Lost Dogs fan or just like good music, you should get Lost Cabin and the Mystery Trees (wonderful song samples here: http://www.thechoir.net/lostdogs/ ). While you're at it, pick up the Daniel Amos When Everyone Wore Hats bookset too, as well as other available material from all the guys. Happy

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Mountain Fan: 07-07-2006 13:14.

07-07-2006 13:00 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Aqua Green Toupee Aqua Green Toupee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-19-2004

You think 46 is bad, try being 40.
07-07-2006 13:11 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
Gabriel Syme Gabriel Syme is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-135.gif

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

Just listening to Mr. Buechner's Dream at work today, and with its artful use of noise, generous amounts of distortion, and the advanced relationships between some of the parts, I have to ask:

What could you possibly have done Tim that Terry thought he was too old to handle it?!

Now I must hear it!
07-12-2006 14:59 Gabriel Syme is offline Search for Posts by Gabriel Syme Add Gabriel Syme to your Buddy List
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by tchandler

hi Gabriel --

well, first, that particular pass didn't survive. the bass part on there now is way, way, waaaaay toned down from what i started doing, to the point that it would be unrecognizable from where i first started on the song.

and i think Terry just didn't think it fit the song. it was so fuzzed out and feeding back that it really did sound kind of like a car crash. Happy
07-13-2006 10:59 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

damb conservatives.......

hey tim!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-13-2006 11:51 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
hi Gabriel --

well, first, that particular pass didn't survive. the bass part on there now is way, way, waaaaay toned down from what i started doing, to the point that it would be unrecognizable from where i first started on the song.

and i think Terry just didn't think it fit the song. it was so fuzzed out and feeding back that it really did sound kind of like a car crash. Happy

It couldn't have been as bad a fit as Terry's high vocal part on Devil's Elbow. Talk about not fitting the song. (Terry's high vocal snippet was smooth sounding and pretty amazing. I thought it was Mike at first until I listened closer).

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
07-13-2006 11:55 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

I needs to git this thang.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-13-2006 13:35 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » howdy, folks

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH