Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Hey Terry...What does semi-retirement feel like? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hey Terry...What does semi-retirement feel like? 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
Yeah not interested in the Narnia soundtrack either, the film I do like. Its not as 'adult' as Lord of he Rings I think, but not intended to be either.

I didn't even know there was a Narnia soundtrack. What purpose does it serve other than to make some more $? The songs weren't actually used in the movie - were they?

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
01-13-2006 11:23 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
mike mike is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-15-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

yeah.. but the narnia soundtrack sucks! full of bubble-gum ccm... Mad
uh.... but thanks mike! Big Grin

Joey, Joey, Joey!!

You like crappy music, I can reference some past posts if you would like me to!?!

DON'T TRY TO BE A MUSIC SNOB NOW!!

m

01-13-2006 11:30 mike is offline Send an Email to mike Homepage of mike Search for Posts by mike Add mike to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Thread Starter Thread Started by peawinkel

quote:
Originally posted by joey
quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
quote:
Originally posted by PuP
Of course, Narnia is a children's book. Maybe the general CCM audience would do better with the Rap'sures?

But narnia is pretty deep too. The big problem with the CCM and Pop Christianity crowd is that they love a bandwagon to jump on and get attention from the world. Narnia gives them that opportunity to make fools out of themselves like little girls at a boyband concert. Terry just doesn't offer that kind of worldly attention Big Grin Of course, I will see narnia no matter what the CCM crowd does with it.

The best Narnia music goes back to the 1980 release, The Roar Of Love by The 2nd Chapter Of Acts. With contributions by Phill Keaggy & Michael Omartian, it's a musical masterpiece.

01-13-2006 11:30 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by mike
quote:

Joey, Joey, Joey!!

You like crappy music, I can reference some past posts if you would like me to!?!

DON'T TRY TO BE A MUSIC SNOB NOW!!

m

if you track my five year history on the damb... you'll realize that was just a phase i was going thru..... Red Face Roll Eyes Tongue
but again, thanks bro! the girl i'm dating kinda likes it...so it does get some play.....Cool

Cool

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by joey: 01-13-2006 11:39.

01-13-2006 11:36 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Kaf-N-8ed Kaf-N-8ed is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
Originally posted by peawinkel

The best Narnia music goes back to the 1980 release, The Roar Of Love by The 2nd Chapter Of Acts. With contributions by Phill Keaggy & Michael Omartian, it's a musical masterpiece.

I remember that when it came out. It was great. I agree it was a masterpiece. Certainly the best thing ever produced by 2nd Chapter of Acts.

That was the first thing I thought of when I came out of the Theater from seeing Narnia was: "I wonder if I can pick up a copy of that CD for my kid?"

Hmmm.... I wonder if it ever shows up on eBay.

Cheers!
Kaf

My beard is parted into three,
For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava
http://www.benjava.com

01-13-2006 11:39 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

agree- Roar of Love is
a GREAT CD...
2nd C at thier fine moments- Loved that band when...

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
01-13-2006 12:00 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Here K8 and

MAtthew Ward is still getting a tad of royalty:
Support Semi Retired Artists!

http://www.matthewward.com/music/Roar.shtml

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jiminy: 01-13-2006 12:02.

01-13-2006 12:01 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

By the way.. the current issue of CCM has an article (sort of) on music or bands that have created works inspired by CS Lewis... along with Sixpence, U2 and a couple of others.. there's a nice little pic of Terry and a brief paragraph about "A Briefing for the Ascent."

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
01-13-2006 12:29 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

guess Terry has at least one CCM fan? Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

01-13-2006 12:42 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Kaf-N-8ed
quote:
Originally posted by peawinkel

I remember that when it came out. It was great. I agree it was a masterpiece. Certainly the best thing ever produced by 2nd Chapter of Acts.

That was the first thing I thought of when I came out of the Theater from seeing Narnia was: "I wonder if I can pick up a copy of that CD for my kid?"

Hmmm.... I wonder if it ever shows up on eBay.

Cheers!
Kaf

It's available at their website: http://www.2ndchapterofacts.com/recordings/roar-of-love.htm

01-13-2006 12:57 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan

Yup, the guy running CCM Magazine.. (I assume he's still running it that is). I believe it's currently ran by a guy that used to work for Steve Taylor's Squint Label.. also a big fan of Terry's and DA's.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
01-13-2006 13:40 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan

Yup, the guy running CCM Magazine.. (I assume he's still running it that is). I believe it's currently ran by a guy that used to work for Steve Taylor's Squint Label.. also a big fan of Terry's and DA's.

Cool!

Terry DOES have friends in low places! Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

01-13-2006 14:03 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Being a fan he probably comes by the site now and then, which maybe someone form that other magazine should do.

01-13-2006 14:14 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

I like Beyond Nature' s references by PK

Songs like Brother Jack and Addisons Walk...

Narnian and Tolkien mixed.........

01-13-2006 15:15 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
Being a fan he probably comes by the site now and then, which maybe someone form that other magazine should do.

well that being the case- Hello Magazine guy...~!

01-13-2006 15:15 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

On page 14 of the Jan issue of CCM which arrived at my house today, under the title "Hep Cat":

"Christian rock pioneers Terry Scott Taylor, Rob Watson and Dave Raven have created the soundtrack for the Nickolodeon show 'Catscratch.' The new Nicktoon, created by cartoonist and animator Doug TenNapel, follows the misadventures of three cats who inherit a fortune and live a life of freedom, adventure and, usually, total mayhem. Whether they're taking on ferocious bears, mythical sea creatures, zombies, giant robots or aliens, these rich kitties just can't keep out of trouble. Find out more about 'Catscratch' (including a preview, games, and more) at the official Nickolodeon site, nick.com"

Cool
01-13-2006 15:18 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Eis
On page 14 of the Jan issue of CCM which arrived at my house today, under the title "Hep Cat":

"Christian rock pioneers Terry Scott Taylor, Rob Watson and Dave Raven have created the soundtrack for the Nickolodeon show 'Catscratch.' The new Nicktoon, created by cartoonist and animator Doug TenNapel, follows the misadventures of three cats who inherit a fortune and live a life of freedom, adventure and, usually, total mayhem. Whether they're taking on ferocious bears, mythical sea creatures, zombies, giant robots or aliens, these rich kitties just can't keep out of trouble. Find out more about 'Catscratch' (including a preview, games, and more) at the official Nickolodeon site, nick.com"

Cool

Terry Scott Taylor.....the consummate, semi-retired pioneer

01-13-2006 16:27 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

I cant Wait to be retired...

for now I'm just tired.

01-13-2006 17:24 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Pfiagra
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-137.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2002

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
I cant Wait to be retired...

for now I'm just tired.

Well, you're on the right path since you have to be .tired before you can be retired.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Pfiagra: 01-13-2006 18:14.

01-13-2006 18:13 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0853251/

Cool
01-13-2006 19:09 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Hey Terry...What does semi-retirement feel like?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH