Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Hey Terry...What does semi-retirement feel like? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hey Terry...What does semi-retirement feel like? 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Hey Terry...What does semi-retirement feel like? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Christianity Today had this blurb about John Davis in their Best New Artist of 2005 section:

John Davis earned worldwide acclaim with alternative rock band Superdrag, but alcohol abuse put him on a path of self-destruction—until God intervened. Davis accepted Christ and turned his life around; he's now a devoted husband and father, as well as a solo artist. His self-titled debut is an enjoyable mix of Brit rock, '60s psychedelia, alternative pop, and straight-up gospel. With artists like PFR, Randy Stonehill, and Terry Taylor in semi-retirement, Davis takes the reins as the faith-based answer to Brian Wilson and Paul McCartney. The songs are simple, evangelical, and inspiring—an effective musical testimony from a someone thankful that the Lord turned his life around.

01-11-2006 09:50 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Pure stupidity. Glad I dont buy that rag.

01-11-2006 09:53 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Jerry Davison Jerry Davison is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-30-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, at least they had the sense to vote someone who does a Beatlesque thing as artist of the year. It could have been Point of Grace again!
01-11-2006 11:25 Jerry Davison is offline Send an Email to Jerry Davison Search for Posts by Jerry Davison Add Jerry Davison to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Jerry Davison: Davie Bluff
Administrator

Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Thats true. They should just do a little research.

01-11-2006 11:38 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
freak freak is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-270.jpg

Registration Date: 11-13-2003

research... Terry's not visible in their world of the evangelical/christian sub-culture ghetto - what else can they deduce - must have retired... or at least semi-retired.

~f

dit, dit, doo
01-11-2006 12:49 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Homepage of freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

when i saw the dogs in bremerton, terry said he was busier than ever now with catscratch.....
people say all kinds of stupid things without really knowing what they are talking about....
but anybody who reads this board regularly knows that...... Tongue

Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by joey: 01-11-2006 12:50.

01-11-2006 12:50 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Big Grin

01-11-2006 12:57 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Amen. Big Grin
01-11-2006 13:46 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Catscratch is secular. Ergo, Terry is in semi-retirement from CCM.

That might be their logic. In which case we don't philosophically connect.

01-11-2006 21:01 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Even then, he's been releasing albums...we've been getting a new Lost Dogs album every year or so for a while now...among other things...the guy probably just didn't know what he's talking about. Oh, and I just saw a DVD of Phil Keaggy and Randy Stonehill...so Stonehills still playing a few shows and such as well...
01-11-2006 21:06 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Terry is so secular Mad Tongue

01-11-2006 21:33 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

I think hes gone secular

hes definitely secularized

I mean he HAD to semi-retire after Amy Grant - did - does - is..right?

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
01-12-2006 10:42 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Administrator

Stonehill has always had massive tour schedules, at least last time I looked he did. I don't think these guys ever really changed much, but the Christian market left them behind to a degree.

01-12-2006 11:33 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Thread Starter Thread Started by peawinkel

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
Stonehill has always had massive tour schedules, at least last time I looked he did. I don't think these guys ever really changed much, but the Christian market left them behind to a degree.

The Christian market has always been idiotic. Thank God my favorite artists haven't had to rely on that fickle trend.

01-12-2006 12:27 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Administrator

Yeah, its ironic that the general Christian market embraces something like CS Lewis and Narnia almost to the degree of wearing their work as a badge of honor, but doesn't 'get' Terry's lyrics or the music of some of these bands.

01-12-2006 14:28 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

.crazy stuff Roll Eyes

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
01-12-2006 16:41 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Of course, Narnia is a children's book. Maybe the general CCM audience would do better with the Rap'sures?

01-12-2006 20:52 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

quote:
Originally posted by PuP
Of course, Narnia is a children's book. Maybe the general CCM audience would do better with the Rap'sures?

But narnia is pretty deep too. The big problem with the CCM and Pop Christianity crowd is that they love a bandwagon to jump on and get attention from the world. Narnia gives them that opportunity to make fools out of themselves like little girls at a boyband concert. Terry just doesn't offer that kind of worldly attention Big Grin Of course, I will see narnia no matter what the CCM crowd does with it.

01-12-2006 21:18 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Thumb Down! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
quote:
Originally posted by PuP

But narnia is pretty deep too. The big problem with the CCM and Pop Christianity crowd is that they love a bandwagon to jump on and get attention from the world. Narnia gives them that opportunity to make fools out of themselves like little girls at a boyband concert. Terry just doesn't offer that kind of worldly attention Big Grin Of course, I will see narnia no matter what the CCM crowd does with it.

yeah.. but the narnia soundtrack sucks! full of bubble-gum ccm... Mad
uh.... but thanks mike! Big Grin

Cool
01-12-2006 21:55 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Administrator

Yeah not interested in the Narnia soundtrack either, the film I do like. Its not as 'adult' as Lord of he Rings I think, but not intended to be either.

01-13-2006 10:13 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Hey Terry...What does semi-retirement feel like?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH