Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs, Oct 16th in Eugene, OR » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lost Dogs, Oct 16th in Eugene, OR
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the review from an obvious fan. I can relate.
I'm going to steal it & post it on MyBlog.

Done. http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog&pop=1

Anybody got any pics of the event?
I love this Rona Barrett stuff.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by peawinkel: 10-17-2005 14:51.

10-17-2005 14:35 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

They are that! All of the jokes about "We used to do the big halls, or the big campgrounds, or whatever are hilarious, though they do make me a little sad too.

We saw the 77s at WOW last year. It was a great venue. Very intimate!
10-17-2005 14:37 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

one thing terry said at the bremerton show that i found disturbing... "i was in a band called daniel amos, and we toured with randy years ago..."
i didn't get a chance to talk to him after this time with two 6 year olds with us... but why did he say was????? Confused Frown Crying

Cool
10-17-2005 14:39 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Shocked Confused Crying Shocked
10-17-2005 14:40 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Maetryx Maetryx is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 10-17-2005

quote:
Originally posted by baxter
They are that! All of the jokes about "We used to do the big halls, or the big campgrounds, or whatever are hilarious, though they do make me a little melancholy too.

We saw the 77s at WOW last year. It was a great venue. Very intimate!

That would have been awesome! I'm from the Eugene area, but spent most of my adult life up in Alaska. *That's* why I haven't had the opportunity to see my favorites musicians in concert. I finally moved back just this summer, and what a cool way to be welcomed home.

10-17-2005 14:43 Maetryx is offline Send an Email to Maetryx Homepage of Maetryx Search for Posts by Maetryx Add Maetryx to your Buddy List Add Maetryx to your Contact List YIM Account Name of Maetryx: maetryx View the MSN Profile for Maetryx
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

RE: Last night's show Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Maetryx
Maetryx here, Cool

I told my wife and sister who was who....

I sure hope you are referring to two people that were with you.

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
10-17-2005 14:45 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
Normal Noggin

RE: Last night's show Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by sprinklerhead
quote:
Maetryx here, Cool

I told my wife and sister who was who....

I sure hope you are referring to two people that were with you.

HA HA! Yes, and I have the ticket stubs to prove it!!!

10-17-2005 14:51 Maetryx is offline Send an Email to Maetryx Homepage of Maetryx Search for Posts by Maetryx Add Maetryx to your Buddy List Add Maetryx to your Contact List YIM Account Name of Maetryx: maetryx View the MSN Profile for Maetryx
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
[That would have been awesome! I'm from the Eugene area, but spent most of my adult life up in Alaska. *That's* why I haven't had the opportunity to see my favorites musicians in concert. I finally moved back just this summer, and what a cool way to be welcomed home.

Linda will likely continue to bring more 77s and Dogs shows to your area.
i think the Dogs have been there about 4 times in the last 5 years. We saw them at a church there with Theo 3 years ago. You probably haven't had a chance to read Theo's book. i highly recommend it!
10-17-2005 15:03 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

ditto on the Theo-o-logy

Hes one wild and crazy cat- not at all the pro you saw behind the Microphone..

(Theozie- I think that was a compliment..?~!?)
and you better post YER THOUGHTS ..
THEO!
THEO O!!!!!!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
10-17-2005 16:08 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Hey hey hey! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I will post my thoughts more in depth on my own blog at www.snowglobestudio.com but I did come here just to say a HUGE "THANK YOU!!!!" to Linda for her love and hospitality. I had a great time and she (as usual) took great care of us all!

I got to speak with the daughter of Maetryx. She approached me while waiting for the Dogs to begin, back at the sound board. She was adorable and told me all about Alaska and how she liked living in OR better and so forth.

I also got to catch up with Tony Panick's daughter, who Tony said really wanted to speak with me. What is with youth today!!? Big Grin Wanting to talk to a codger like me. I think it must be because I speak about my family, exclusively--and there is something comforting in that. I think.

I was a little out of practice. Haven't done a huge amount of public playing since last year and there won't be any more AAR XMAS shows unfortunately. Sigh...but you know, life is poetry in motion. Red Face

It was super nice to catch up with Terry, Mike and especially Derri (who I hadn't seen in person for nearly two years or more). We stayed up till nearly 3:00 AM catching up and solving all the worlds problems.

And that is the highest review I can give to any event: all the people present were absolutely fabulous!

PS: Hopefully by the end of the day I'll have some short video clips available at the Snow Globe web-site.

Theo Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Theo: 10-18-2005 11:02.

10-18-2005 11:01 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Okay Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

the video is posted. only two minutes, but fun! Shocked
10-18-2005 12:29 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Theo-Dude,

me thanks you~

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
10-18-2005 15:21 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

You ist velcom, brother Cricket Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There is also a terrific review of the show that somebody sent me from the DADL which is posted there now. Cool
10-18-2005 15:43 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
mike mike is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-15-2004

I have that same blank stare when my wife tells me that something
is in the fridge and I can't find it....

where exactly is the video on the site?

m

10-18-2005 15:49 mike is offline Send an Email to mike Homepage of mike Search for Posts by mike Add mike to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Hey mijn broer! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Go to the site, click into it, then go to the double feature picture show thread on the right column and it'll be one of the films you can view!

theo! Big Grin
10-18-2005 15:59 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

uh....

it's Daugherty, not Dougherty Roll Eyes

Tongue

not that I have ever made that same mistake before Wink
10-18-2005 16:15 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Oh poo! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'll never post again!

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

And pronounced "Dough-er-ty!"
10-18-2005 16:22 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Homer
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 03-02-2003

daugh!!!
10-18-2005 16:35 Homer is offline Send an Email to Homer Search for Posts by Homer Add Homer to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

quote:
Originally posted by joey
one thing terry said at the bremerton show that i found disturbing... "i was in a band called daniel amos, and we toured with randy years ago..."
i didn't get a chance to talk to him after this time with two 6 year olds with us... but why did he say was????? Confused Frown Crying

I think the 'was', is kinda more meant towards the fact that they used to tour together. Daniel Amos as a making albums entity I dont think he intends to end, but as a touring entity ended a long time ago.

10-19-2005 02:32 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Normal Noggin

I listened really hard for how to pronounce "Daugherty" while I was at the concert. Sure enough, I've been doing it wrong for 15 years. I was saying it so that it rhymed with "Power Tea". Apparently it rhymes better with "Mower Tea".

Smile

10-19-2005 12:32 Maetryx is offline Send an Email to Maetryx Homepage of Maetryx Search for Posts by Maetryx Add Maetryx to your Buddy List Add Maetryx to your Contact List YIM Account Name of Maetryx: maetryx View the MSN Profile for Maetryx
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs, Oct 16th in Eugene, OR

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH