Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs in California!! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lost Dogs in California!! 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hey all.

it was great seeing baxter, brenneth and rich brimer last night! the dogs were great (as usual). it was a beautiful night (except for the bugs) seeing fathers enjoying their children.

there came a pivitol moment part way through the dogs set reguarding zippity's partner, in putting on these camps, jeff james. we got word that his father had passed away....his family came and picked him up. zippity got up and shared with everyone about the events and reminded us all of the andy's angels mantra "life is short....live well, love well". he spoke about the need to share your love with your children....using words and touch.

he was very moving.

the dogs came back up and they played a beautiful set of songs (lord protect my child, papa danced on olvera street and something else (that i didn't remember knowing). terry shared about his father and really drove home the point (of that if you tell your children you love them....they will never forget it).

it was beautiful and very .sad all at once. please remember jeff and his family in your prayers. rob watson and i saw jeff as he was leaving and we were both speechless as we saw our friend in such a broken place. the look on his face is a look i have seen too many times...

peace be with us all.

-john

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by wes berlin: 08-27-2005 11:41.

08-27-2005 11:41 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Thread Starter Thread Started by zippetydoodaddy
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Agreed. It was wonderful. Thanks for being there Wes. I'm sorry to all of you who didn't have enough time to make it out. I'll make sure I throw out the opportunity earlier next time.

When I collect my thoughts a little better, I'll share with all of you the impact last night had on some of the guys who were there.

BTW that song was Let There Be Angels Round The Children from CAACONAA>

Well done Mike and Terry. Thanks again.

August 2005
08-27-2005 16:42 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Sigh... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes, Rich Brimer and I spoke on the phone today. I asked him how the camp went. He gave me all the poop first and then launched into an acount of what's been stated here.

Dear dear Jeff! What a tremendous man of God and a sweet brother in Christ. All God's peace on him and his family now and for ever.

Last year when I was blessed enough to attend CAMP CAACONAA, I looked out over the grass field at all the tents and the groups of fathers interacting with there children and found it all a bit overwhelming. My spirit soared with warmth and joy. THIS! This is what Andrew wanted to see and beyond the CDs and the concerts and everything else that has been done--this is what captures the heart of why such a fuss was made in memory of one little boy.

It is a generous and wonderful life beneath the canopy of our Creator God.

Theo
08-27-2005 19:15 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Cool

Prayers for Jeff James and family. Crying

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
08-27-2005 21:56 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Theo,

my spirit soared for you Saturday when i witnessed a similar scene. CAACONAA truly is more than albums and benefit concerts. God is so pleased to see the hearts of fathers returning to their kids.

We took a hike Saturday morning with an LAPD officer, who brought his son to the camp. He had brought another son to the LAPD camp 2 weeks before. He shared that the boys were so excited to have that time with him. i believe that this was a new experience of intimacy for the family. The dream lives on!

Zippety,

Thanks so much! As a host, father, and director, you rock!!
08-30-2005 12:07 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs in California!!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH