Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Holy crap, look what I found at a pawn shop... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Holy crap, look what I found at a pawn shop...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ryancreek ryancreek is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 08-15-2005

Holy crap, look what I found at a pawn shop... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ok...so I walk into this new pawn shop by my house, big sale, just opened. The cds are $4 each or five for $15. I start looking and I CANNOT believe what I find. I end up buying ten cds as follows:

1. Lost Dogs - Scenic Routes
2. The Swirling Eddies - Zoom Daddy
3. The Swirling Eddies - Let's Spin
4. Daniel Amos - Motorcycle
5. Daniel Amos - Our Personal Favorite World Famous Hits
6. Daniel Amos - self-titled (western cover)
7. Swirling Eddies - Outdoor Elvis
8. Lost Dogs - Little Red Riding Hood
9. Daniel Amos - Alarma
10. Terry Scott Taylor - A Briefing for the Ascent

It only gets better...I was like "I have ten cds ma'am." and she says "oh, we've been trying to get rid of these, I'll sell 'em to ya for $2 each." I was trying not to pee my pants...gave her my money and I was out the door!!!!

What a deal !
08-15-2005 15:47 ryancreek is offline Send an Email to ryancreek Homepage of ryancreek Search for Posts by ryancreek Add ryancreek to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of ryancreek: ryancreek1 View the MSN Profile for ryancreek
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

are you accepting offers? Big Grin

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

08-15-2005 15:56 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Normal Noggin

Thread Starter Thread Started by ryancreek
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I dont think I am at the moment....I haven't even heard all these albums yet, I just knew that I found some really rare stuff! i called my friend and he's like "you better not put any of that on ebay"...hee hee.....anyways, Im enjoying "motorcycle" right now

ryan :0
08-15-2005 16:01 ryancreek is offline Send an Email to ryancreek Homepage of ryancreek Search for Posts by ryancreek Add ryancreek to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of ryancreek: ryancreek1 View the MSN Profile for ryancreek
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Whoa, those are some great deals. That lady didn't know what she had. Shocked Big Grin

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
08-15-2005 16:14 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

i can be in tulsa fairly quickly..... Big Grin

did they have more similar CD's we might like?

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

08-15-2005 16:16 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

RE: Holy crap, look what I found at a pawn shop... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You have got to be the luckiest man on this planet for today August 15, in the year of our Lord 2005.
So let it be written.........
So let it be done.

08-15-2005 16:27 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Normal Noggin

Thread Starter Thread Started by ryancreek

yeah...she was just your normal pawn shop worker. im my opinion they usually dont know what they have. ive bought boss guitar pedals for $25-30 at this one other shop by my house...Anyways, yes I did come across an amazing buy! They also had some Alter Boys, several Bruce Cockburn, umm....seemed like a few other decent ones, oh The Prayer Chain's "Mercury"....Poor Old Lu's "Sin"....Daniel Amos' "bibleland" which I own....it turned out to be a fabulous day Smile

Ryan
08-15-2005 16:27 ryancreek is offline Send an Email to ryancreek Homepage of ryancreek Search for Posts by ryancreek Add ryancreek to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of ryancreek: ryancreek1 View the MSN Profile for ryancreek
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

go back, make a list Big Grin

08-15-2005 16:45 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

the best deal i ever found was steve hindalong-skinny for 3 bucks.....Frown
it was worth about that much....... Tongue

Cool
08-15-2005 16:49 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

quote:
Originally posted by joey
the best deal i ever found was steve hindalong-skinny for 3 bucks.....Frown
it was worth about that much....... Tongue

i paid 99 cents Cool

08-15-2005 17:10 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

RE: Holy crap, look what I found at a pawn shop... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by ryancreek
Ok...so I walk into this new pawn shop by my house, big sale, just opened. The cds are $4 each or five for $15. I start looking and I CANNOT believe what I find. I end up buying ten cds as follows:

1. Lost Dogs - Scenic Routes
2. The Swirling Eddies - Zoom Daddy
3. The Swirling Eddies - Let's Spin
4. Daniel Amos - Motorcycle
5. Daniel Amos - Our Personal Favorite World Famous Hits
6. Daniel Amos - self-titled (western cover)
7. Swirling Eddies - Outdoor Elvis
8. Lost Dogs - Little Red Riding Hood
9. Daniel Amos - Alarma
10. Terry Scott Taylor - A Briefing for the Ascent

It only gets better...I was like "I have ten cds ma'am." and she says "oh, we've been trying to get rid of these, I'll sell 'em to ya for $2 each." I was trying not to pee my pants...gave her my money and I was out the door!!!!

What a deal !

Great finds! Pleased

08-15-2005 17:44 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

I'm guessing someone dumped someone else's CD collection there. I can't figure any other reason someone would take those to a pawn shop.

08-16-2005 06:18 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Hey, good point. When my CD collection was stolen the Pawnshop guy was selling the CD's for $1.00 each and there was some Terry Taylor in there. Nothing that rare though!!!

That is the kind of pawn shop finds I dream of Pleased

08-16-2005 10:50 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

the chances of that happening are like
one in a thousand?

more like
one in a million...

(so your telling me theres a chance.......)

The best I did in this year of our Lord (so far)
was the 3 packs of :
Resurrection Band-Light Years
LSU - Dogfish Jones
Choir-Speckled Bird

at the dollar store.- buck each-.I only could get the 6 they had.....

there were a few of the same on the Choir Table at C- Stone ...and Dan Michaels said that whoever put them out TOTALLY ripped of the original artists- at least the Choir- released with no permission whatsoever.
Gutz?

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
08-16-2005 11:43 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Hey Cricket, who put those out? I was always curious about that.

08-16-2005 11:51 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
The best I did in this year of our Lord (so far)
was the 3 packs of :
Resurrection Band-Light Years
LSU - Dogfish Jones
Choir-Speckled Bird

I saw that. But I chose to pay three dollars more and get Dogfish Jones by itself. Tongue

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
08-16-2005 11:52 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith

- they were very sparse in the artwork dept..called MEGA something or other- Alternative Christain Music (??)
I actually gave them all away, by promising too many before I counted....

Someone here on the boards may be of better help.

08-16-2005 12:11 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith

- they were very sparse in the artwork dept..called MEGA something or other- Alternative Christain Music (??)
I actually gave them all away, by promising too many before I counted....

Someone here on the boards may be of better help.

Shocked We will have to get you a copy now!!! I thought it was another way for KMG to get a little more money. Hmmmm, I wonder how they got that through the legal department?

08-16-2005 12:25 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

it wasnt KMG
I think it may have been Sparrow (? ) or a division of them..but I am not sure..

Anyone?

08-16-2005 12:35 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Lamp Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

word....

i think.. Confused

Cool
08-16-2005 13:38 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Holy crap, look what I found at a pawn shop...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH