Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Happy Birthday, Jerry » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Happy Birthday, Jerry 4 Votes - Average Rating: 7.754 Votes - Average Rating: 7.754 Votes - Average Rating: 7.75
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
NonProphet NonProphet is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

Happy Birthday, Jerry Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey, everyone:

Jerry Chamberlain's birthday is Friday the 25th.

Most guitar players have a story about their "Smoke On The Water" song—a guitar lick we hear that made us grab the nearest guitar player and demand that they teach us how to play it.

Well, my "Smoke On The Water" guitar lick was "I Love You Number 19" and there were many that followed. "Nearsighted Girl," "Endless Summer," "Thru The Speakers," "Memory Lane," "Little Crosses," and many others that kept me locked in my room with the stereo and a primitive guitar rig cranked to 11. Anyone looking for definitive guitar hooks, solos that are at once maniacal and melodic, and an artist's vision for what rock can do, need look no further than Mr. Jerry Parker Chamberlain.

Rock on, Jerry, and happy birthday!

Let the tribute posts begin!

02-24-2005 13:06 NonProphet is offline Send an Email to NonProphet Homepage of NonProphet Search for Posts by NonProphet Add NonProphet to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Happy birthday Jerry! Wish we saw more of you around here...

And if you happen to see this, Jerry...
Don't be a stranger & feel free to send us some TimeLine stories
or discography entires.... almost every other band member past and
present has contributed. We'd love to have more from you on here.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
02-24-2005 15:11 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Jerry - Happy Birthday - that is of course assuming you swing by here - especialy on your birthday too....

02-24-2005 15:17 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Happy Birthday!

I'm not an old-timer from the early days like many around here are, so the works of yours I am most familiar with are on Motorcycle and Bibleland.

Rock On! Smile )

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
02-24-2005 15:33 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Lover of Clams
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 02-24-2005

Yes, Jerry is going to be 71 tomorrow.

We were young and close once. 70 years go by fast...very fast. Some years faster than the other, but I think that has something to do with the rotational velocity as you get taller and your head is further from the center of the earth.

Anyway...

Jerry and I were close as children. I remember those days we spent in the barn picking hay out of each other's hair, wishing we had teeth, combing each other's back and talking about girls. Jerry liked brunettes, I liked plaid hair. My mother bought me a small, beginner guitar but it was stolen only to turn up on the early Daniel Amos albums. It was a blue tele with a bigsby...but I doubt it's worth much now...it's so old.

As we grew into our teens I lost touch with Jerry because he started dating what turned out to be a turnip. Jerry had no qualms about it though until prom, when the turnip looked horrible in a dress. Just to make it through the night, Jerry wore the dress and the turnip wore a tux. Apparently the night was a dud because, as Jerry finally figured out, the turnip was a bad conversationalist.

In college we lost touch completely. I kinded a love affair with a girl like no other...in that she was only a fantasy from an old Aldo Nova record. Jerry met Sharon and together they made music...not great music, but enough music to eventually make great music if you went through their catalog pulled out all the bad songs and put some Beatles tunes in there. But overall they were good - good to each other, good for each other and good alone when each other wasn't around.

But I digress.

Jerry can't post much now...he's in an old folks home. I think he's the cook or the janitor...someone who is highly visible and who deals out authority with a broom handle.

For me? I spent my 71st birthday (Novemeber) with a lovely lady who thought I was a spool.

02-24-2005 15:44 Lover of Clams is offline Send an Email to Lover of Clams Search for Posts by Lover of Clams Add Lover of Clams to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Happy Birthday Jerry! Cool

02-24-2005 16:31 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

clam lover= tim chandler?

02-26-2005 06:06 Ron E is online Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Or someone trying to sound like Chandler.

02-26-2005 07:56 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Happy Birthday Jerry!

02-26-2005 08:00 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Happy Belated Birthday.....
Would love to hear what you've been up to, and like Audiori's said we sure miss ya!
02-26-2005 09:25 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

ah yeah -as in very belated!

HORRENDOUS DISC!! my daughter was just looking at those groovy guys on teh cover last night!!!
(to the opening sttains of your magnum opus like No #19????

HAppy Birthday J-man.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
02-26-2005 10:27 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
Or someone trying to sound like Chandler.

yup.

btw, Happy Belated Bday Jerry, if you happen to stop by.

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
02-26-2005 12:23 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

quote:

nope, wasn't me.
03-01-2005 13:29 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

quote:

hmmmm. uvie, was that you?
03-01-2005 13:33 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
uvulapie uvulapie is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 09-09-2003

Clam Sauce Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I thought it was you. I have no idea who it could be but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

And by "enjoyed it" I mean I endured a spoken-word rendition orated by Ruth Buzzi, adapted from the Paul Westerberg song that was later the basis for an off Broadway play involving a wayward seaman and his love of silent movies.

Whoever it was needs to step forward and take their medicine like a proper bi-valve!
03-01-2005 14:12 uvulapie is offline Send an Email to uvulapie Homepage of uvulapie Search for Posts by uvulapie Add uvulapie to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of uvulapie: uvulapie
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
quote:

hmmmm. uvie, was that you?

Maybe Clam Lover=Jerry? Shocked

03-01-2005 16:11 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Lover of Clams
Normal Noggin

Hmmm...Chandler? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

No...heh...no....I'm not Tim, Jerry, Terry, Ed, Marty, Dave or anyone related to DA or the various other bands they are all connected to...well, not the OBVIOUS ones anyway. I DO however have a Sheriff's badge and some fur chaps that I constantly wear without anything else. The badge hurts but the chaps are nice.

And what's wrong with clams? I have an affinity for monopods, I'll tell you that...but I can't divulge their hallucenagenic affect any more than I can explain the taste of plaid. So as Don Henley would say, "You've been out riding fences for so long now" because you are lukewarm in your faith in me. You must believe, you MUST believe.

Now...I'm off to visit some shoe stores and collect some soles.

03-07-2005 11:21 Lover of Clams is offline Send an Email to Lover of Clams Search for Posts by Lover of Clams Add Lover of Clams to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

RE: Hmmm...Chandler? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Lover of Clams
No...heh...no....I'm not Tim, Jerry, Terry, Ed, Marty, Dave or anyone related to DA or the various other bands they are all connected to...well, not the OBVIOUS ones anyway. I DO however have a Sheriff's badge and some fur chaps that I constantly wear without anything else. The badge hurts but the chaps are nice.

And what's wrong with clams? I have an affinity for monopods, I'll tell you that...but I can't divulge their hallucenagenic affect any more than I can explain the taste of plaid. So as Don Henley would say, "You've been out riding fences for so long now" because you are lukewarm in your faith in me. You must believe, you MUST believe.

Now...I'm off to visit some shoe stores and collect some soles.

That sounds like something Uncle Stonehill would come up with. Shocked Tongue Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
03-07-2005 13:24 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Well Cabbage Patch & Elephant Snatch!
It does sound like Uncle Stonehill! Shocked

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 03-07-2005 16:16.

03-07-2005 16:16 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Lover of Clams
Normal Noggin

No no no...I don't think I'm uncle Stonehill although I was very very upset that they didn't use the song "American Fast Food" on the soundtrack of "Super-Size Me". I felt like the song probably led to the making of the movie, or at least helped birth the idea in the writer's head. I know because that song has been around for a long time and I was listening to it back in the early 80's.

By the way, I also remember listening to Uncle Stonehill sing a song about turning 30 and then getting a phone call right before singing about his wife giving birth. It was a moving moment and made it difficult to concentrate when Jerry played his blue guitar.

"Near Sighted Girl and a Tital Wave". Wow, what an amazing song to see live. I miss that version of Daniel Amos, and I miss Jerry playing with them. It was like the Beatles before John and Paul decided to write without each other. Something greater than the whole. DA is still great mind you, even though Lennon is probably worm fodder. There's still hope though because Brian Wilson is touring again.

Last night I had clams. And oysters. If you like oysters, you MUST eat them with this concoction: a spoonful of horseradish, some ketchup, some cocktail sauce and a large dose of tabasco sauce (Louisiana hot sauce won't work). Mix it altogether and eat the seafood (peel and eat shrimp works well too). Mmmm...I love clams.

03-08-2005 08:46 Lover of Clams is offline Send an Email to Lover of Clams Search for Posts by Lover of Clams Add Lover of Clams to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Happy Birthday, Jerry

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH