Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs Toronto - July 11th » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lost Dogs Toronto - July 11th
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
lostintoronto lostintoronto is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 07-06-2004

Arrow Lost Dogs Toronto - July 11th Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey everyone,

I'm bringing the Lost Dogs to Toronto. This is an announcement with the details of the concert below and also a serious prayer request: no delays at the Canadian border! They will be crossing this Friday. See the details below, they'll also be in Kingston, Ottawa and Chatham - more details at www.thelostdogs.com on those.

Thanks! I want them to have a great welcome to Toronto, so please pass this information along!

Jason Johnston

-----------------------

"The Lost Dogs" in Toronto - One Night Only

Featuring: Terry Taylor (DA, the Swirling Eddies), Derri Daugherty
(The Choir), Michael Roe (The 77s) and special guest Steve Hindalong

Sunday, July 11th, 2004
Doors open at 7pm
Show starts 7:30 sharp

Chris Quinn & Chris Coole - Banjo, Voice & Guitar from the "Foggy
Hogtown Boys" to open.

At a fantastic Toronto Venue:
Rancho Relaxo
300 College st.
Toronto, Ontario
M5T1R9

2 ways to get Tickets:

Online:
$15 + service charges
http://www.yourticketzone.com/detail.aspx?ID=46

At the Door:
$17 ($1 off with any cowboy attire)

Tickets are limited (around 150)
we cannot guarantee any will be left at the door

contact lostdogs@noimagerecords.com or visit
www.noimagerecords.com/thelostdogs.html for more information

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lostintoronto: 07-06-2004 16:08.

07-06-2004 14:36 lostintoronto is offline Send an Email to lostintoronto Homepage of lostintoronto Search for Posts by lostintoronto Add lostintoronto to your Buddy List
Ben Ben is a male
Dignified Lazar

Registration Date: 06-15-2004

lostintoronto Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey Lost - I will be in prayer for this concert. I know how difficult in can be to promote these shows.

Pray for mine if you will - it's tomorrow night!

DA ROCKS!

Ben
07-06-2004 15:42 Ben is offline Send an Email to Ben Search for Posts by Ben Add Ben to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

RE: lostintoronto Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ben
Hey Lost - I will be in prayer for this concert. I know how difficult in can be to promote these shows.

Pray for mine if you will - it's tomorrow night!

DA ROCKS!

I'll throw up a prayer for ya too.....I just came off of mine last night.

07-06-2004 15:44 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yup, to promote a show means you really, really want to.
Thats the only way you can deal with the work and stress.

I could tell at the Cornerstone show the guys are having a
good time on this tour. Things must be going well at the shows.
They seemed to be in real good moods.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-06-2004 15:49 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Normal Noggin

Thread Starter Thread Started by lostintoronto
RE: lostintoronto Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We're reallly excited about them coming up to Canada - where did you guys promote them? I tried checking the tour list again on the website, but it seems to be down! Not a good thing during a tour!!

Jason
07-06-2004 16:07 lostintoronto is offline Send an Email to lostintoronto Homepage of lostintoronto Search for Posts by lostintoronto Add lostintoronto to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Yup, to promote a show means you really, really want to.
Thats the only way you can deal with the work and stress.

I could tell at the Cornerstone show the guys are having a
good time on this tour. Things must be going well at the shows.
They seemed to be in real good moods.

Knowing some people that have promoted these shows already, I went in not expecting to make a dime or recover every dime I invested. It really helps to have this attitude, it helped me cope with the fact I didn't get anything back.

07-06-2004 16:07 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by lostintoronto
We're reallly excited about them coming up to Canada - where did you guys promote them? I tried checking the tour list again on the website, but it seems to be down! Not a good thing during a tour!!

Jason

My show was in Chicago last night Cool

I only had around 65 people show up though Frown

07-06-2004 16:08 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

day before my birthday!

07-06-2004 16:15 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Ben Ben is a male
Dignified Lazar

Registration Date: 06-15-2004

Driver8,

Did the guys have anybody else with them besides Steve? My wife is making a home cooked meal for them and it sounded like in Knoxville that they had a lady along with them to run the merchandise booth.

It looks like we should have a larger crowd then you or Knoxville had.
The Derwood show has already sold 102 tickets, and we are expecting another 10 to 20 at the door!

To be perfectly honest I twisted the arms of about 40-50 people who have never heard of the Lost Dogs, DA, the 77's or the Choir. (We will have at least 20 rabid Dog fans going crazy!!!!!!!!!) Maybe we will end up with a bunch of new Dog fans.

DA ROCKS!

Ben
07-06-2004 16:19 Ben is offline Send an Email to Ben Search for Posts by Ben Add Ben to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by lostintoronto

Jason

You could always join TheLostDogs@yahoogroups.com. But you have to wait to be approved for membership (and you may even need to send an extra e-mail to the moderator to get his attention), so you better do it fast (or I'll be glad to post it, if you'd like! Big Grin )

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
07-06-2004 16:28 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Ben
Driver8,

Did the guys have anybody else with them besides Steve? My wife is making a home cooked meal for them and it sounded like in Knoxville that they had a lady along with them to run the merchandise booth.

The Derwood show has already sold 102 tickets, and we are expecting another 10 to 20 at the door!

To be perfectly honest I twisted the arms of about 40-50 people who have never heard of the Lost Dogs, DA, the 77's or the Choir. (We will have at least 20 rabid Dog fans going crazy!!!!!!!!!) Maybe we will end up with a bunch of new Dog fans.

DA ROCKS!

it was just the guys Cool

Jenny (the merchandise lady) was there but she left right after the show.

07-07-2004 08:03 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Driver8
quote:
Originally posted by Ben
Driver8,

DA ROCKS!

I think I remember her saying that she wouldn't be going on the Canadian part of the tour. Hope my memory is not failing there. I think she said she was from somewhere in Ohio and doing PR work for the Dogs, (maybe Cinci or something?).

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
07-07-2004 09:24 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ben
Driver8,

DA ROCKS!

I think I remember her saying that she wouldn't be going on the Canadian part of the tour. Hope my memory is not failing there. I think she said she was from somewhere in Ohio and doing PR work for the Dogs, (maybe Cinci or something?).

I met her at the Mike and Mark show in Chicago and in Missouri, she's a great lady Cool , she reads the boards but doesn't post.

07-07-2004 09:39 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ben
Driver8,

DA ROCKS!

I met her at the Mike and Mark show in Chicago and in Missouri, she's a great lady Cool , she reads the boards but doesn't post.

She was real nice! She really appreciated our daughter helping her! Pleased

Smile
07-07-2004 14:54 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

We're heading out in a few hours to go and see the Dogs! I'm really looking forward to it, I think Shotgun Angel is too.

07-11-2004 11:59 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
We're heading out in a few hours to go and see the Dogs! I'm really looking forward to it, I think Shotgun Angel is too.

I bet she's driving because, well, she's already "Shotgun"! Tongue

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
07-12-2004 11:48 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Administrator

We didn't do a Dogs show here ourselves, it was too
close between promoting the Mike and Mark show and
Cornerstone plus all the other things we got going on.
We just couldn't pull it off.

We heard from Mike Saturday and they were running
low on some product, and aparently UPS closes up shop
on the weekends up there and locked up some product
that was shipped to them. So it's bad they couldn't get
that product, but I guess it's good that things have sold
well for them. I know at Cornerstone it seemed like a
very large number of people buying CDs that had never
heard of them... they were asking a lot of questions.

If these shows bring in a lot of people that have never
seen them, that will be awsome. They will be fans after
seeing the show. One lady at Cornerstone who didn't know
who they were was laughing histerically through the show
and said it was the best show she had been to. She bought
Mutt and a couple older Dogs albums.

I hope it's representative of the way things are going the
whole tour. They did say the end of the tour they will be playing
in front of 1000s of people for something....I was a little
in the dark on what show they were talking about.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-12-2004 12:47 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
We didn't do a Dogs show here ourselves, it was too
close between promoting the Mike and Mark show and
Cornerstone plus all the other things we got going on.
We just couldn't pull it off.

We heard from Mike Saturday and they were running
low on some product, and aparently UPS closes up shop
on the weekends up there and locked up some product
that was shipped to them. So it's bad they couldn't get
that product, but I guess it's good that things have sold
well for them. I know at Cornerstone it seemed like a
very large number of people buying CDs that had never
heard of them... they were asking a lot of questions.

Bittersweet! Running out of CDs is a great problem to have, but not when those shipped are all locked up! Crying

quote:

If these shows bring in a lot of people that have never
seen them, that will be awsome. They will be fans after
seeing the show. One lady at Cornerstone who didn't know
who they were was laughing histerically through the show
and said it was the best show she had been to. She bought
Mutt and a couple older Dogs albums.

I hope it's representative of the way things are going the
whole tour. They did say the end of the tour they will be playing
in front of 1000s of people for something....I was a little
in the dark on what show they were talking about.

Pleased New Dogs fans! Hope 1000s become new fans from this tour! Pleased

Smile
07-12-2004 13:11 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Normal Noggin

Thread Starter Thread Started by lostintoronto
Smile Thanks everyone for a great show! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey

Thanks everyone who came out to the show in Toronto (I know a couple of came because the posting on this site). The Dogs were great and we just had an amazing time all around at Rancho Relaxo. I'll post some pictures hopefully later in the week. The one-hit-medley at the end was almost worth the evening!

So, thanks!

Jason
07-12-2004 13:25 lostintoronto is offline Send an Email to lostintoronto Homepage of lostintoronto Search for Posts by lostintoronto Add lostintoronto to your Buddy List
Administrator

This tour was a really exceptional show. Not sure
how to compare it to other Lost Dogs shows or
exactly what seems different. But something seemed
better.

07-12-2004 14:29 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs Toronto - July 11th

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH