Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Alarma Records » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Alarma Records
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Attention Alarma Records Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Did the guys in DA have anything to do with this record company? Alot of people were on it in the 80's, just happens to have the same name as a DA album. Just curious as to DA's involvement with the record label...
05-27-2004 13:37 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

that was just a division of frontline.....

05-27-2004 13:43 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I remember it. Was it named after the Alarma Chronicles?

05-27-2004 13:47 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

i'm sure.... audiori?

05-27-2004 13:50 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

It seems like it had to have been named after the iAlarma! record.

05-27-2004 15:49 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

The guy that started Frontline was the guy that used to be
Calvary Chapel's music leader (Jim Kempner) durring the whole
Daniel Amos, Sweet Comfort, Parable, etc. days.

He hired Terry to produce most of the Frontline releases,
and Ed did most of the artwork, and a few other people were
involved in that.

They had a distribution deal with Benson Music Group,
and released a ton of stuff durring the mid 80's with that
'super- production team'.

They all worked very long hours getting all those releases done.
Terry even wrote songs for some of the releases like D.O.X
and they used some older songs of his for things like
Wild Blue Yonder. Terry had a hand in the mixing and production
work of a large number of those releases.

The Alarma name (I am sure) being a sub-group of the Frontline
label, which Terry was a part of, being used was no coincidence.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-27-2004 15:54 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Frontline/Alarma was the best Christian label ever. Pleased

The industry has suffered from it's loss.

Frontline/Alarma was a lot like "Island Records" in the 80's. If it even looked cool, it was worth buying. If it looked cool, chances were that it was a great record. Cool

Those days are long gone!Frown

I still say if I ever win the lotto, I am buying the label. Smile )

05-27-2004 16:03 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

think about it...

Scaterd Few, LSU, Jacob's Trouble... Cool

Great bands and great records!

even Pat Nobody was kinda cool! Cool

05-27-2004 16:05 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Administrator

Ha! I forgot about him.

We liked the Crumbacher CDs, even though they might not
have been much of a 'live' band. The music was kinda cool.
"Tame The Volcano" was a pretty cool song.

Terry told us once he would love to have reissues done of a
lot of those bands where one disc would be the album and the
other disc would be the demo that band submitted to the label.
That would of been really interesting.

He talked about a lot of them were sort of 'discovered'
by Frontline, and therefore took quite a bit of work to get
them album ready, studio-wise. (Not all of them.)

Scaterd Few for example, as one that didn't need a lot of work,
I think Terry is still friends with Alan.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-27-2004 16:16 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
mindgasket mindgasket is a male
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-18-2003
Location: Just because we're hypnotized that don't mean we can't dance!

sorry... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I thought Jacob's Trouble sucked.

Crying
05-29-2004 09:47 mindgasket is offline Send an Email to mindgasket Search for Posts by mindgasket Add mindgasket to your Buddy List
Administrator

Jacob's Trouble "Door Into Summer" was really good I thought,

I liked "Knock, Breath Shine" .....

They started out sort of acoustic Beatles -ish and by the
end had morphed into the Monkeys.

by "Let the Truth Run Wild" they were the Christian Monkeys I think.

05-29-2004 12:13 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Asherman Asherman is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Jacob's Trouble "Door Into Summer" was really good I thought,

Well, the only reason why they didn't suck at the beginning is the simple fact that their original sound seemed Taylor-made. Wink

05-29-2004 12:37 Asherman is offline Send an Email to Asherman Search for Posts by Asherman Add Asherman to your Buddy List
Administrator

Aye. Mark Heard had some to do with the original sound as well.

05-29-2004 12:41 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Mind Peach

I'd love to see some re-issues from the Alarma label...Pleased

I'd also love to see Sir Stonehill's "Between The Glory and The Flame" on disc. Wink

05-29-2004 13:50 Asherman is offline Send an Email to Asherman Search for Posts by Asherman Add Asherman to your Buddy List
Administrator

Oh yeah that and Equator. I wonder who owns those..

05-29-2004 14:32 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Mind Peach

Wasn't it on the Refuge label?

"Between the Glory..." was methinks.

05-29-2004 14:34 Asherman is offline Send an Email to Asherman Search for Posts by Asherman Add Asherman to your Buddy List
Administrator

Not certain off hand. They both were produced by Terry
but not sure who they were distributed by.

05-29-2004 14:39 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Thread Starter Thread Started by Eis
Cool Myrrh Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

My Dad has the cassettes...Equator was on myrrh originally.
05-30-2004 15:20 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Mind Peach

what about Between the Glory and the Flame?

Ahhh..myrrh! Tongue

05-30-2004 15:31 Asherman is offline Send an Email to Asherman Search for Posts by Asherman Add Asherman to your Buddy List
Mind Peach

RE: Myrrh Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Eis
My Dad has the cassettes...Equator was on myrrh originally.

ya mean these?...Pleased

05-30-2004 15:34 Asherman is offline Send an Email to Asherman Search for Posts by Asherman Add Asherman to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Alarma Records

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH