Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA & Petra » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA & Petra
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

DA & Petra Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ok, it is heretical to mention the 2 bands in the same thread, but here's a question. I just heard Petra's Judas Kiss on 365 Live Radio. Has anyone ever noticed that the opening is very similar to Meal? Do you think Petra plagerized Uncle Terry?
LK-9

08-12-2002 13:44 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Lost Canine
Ok, it is heretical to mention the 2 bands in the same thread, but here's a question. I just heard Petra's Judas Kiss on 365 Live Radio. Has anyone ever noticed that the opening is very similar to Meal? Do you think Petra plagerized Uncle Terry?
LK-9

heh heh

I don't think I'd play the two bands back to back...

I will have to check out Judas Kiss when I get home now. Smile )

08-12-2002 14:02 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
LK-9

heh heh

I don't think I'd play the two bands back to back...

I will have to check out Judas Kiss when I get home now. Smile )

cool a double post!!!!! Big Grin

08-12-2002 14:03 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Well.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"It must be...
just like...
just like Judas' kiss..."

I'm singing it, and I just can't see the similarity. (Don't ask me why I remember those days when I liked those guys.)

BTW, anyone remember "God gave rock & roll to you"? It used to be a Petra concert favorite. (Personally I thought the song was ridiculous.) Maybe the Eds can do their rendition if there's ever a Scared Cows sequel...
Big Grin

08-12-2002 18:39 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: Bleak human landscape, flat roofed houses, bad breath, vacant lots and murder evidence. God saves and leads a remnant of scraggly, faithless people, in spite of themsleves and just because he feels like it.

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe
"It must be...
just like...

I'm singing it, and I just can't see the similarity. (Don't ask me why I remember those days when I liked those guys.)

BTW, anyone remember "God gave rock & roll to you"? It used to be a Petra concert favorite. (Personally I thought the song was ridiculous.) Maybe the Eds can do their rendition if there's ever a Scared Cows sequel...
Big Grin

Doesn't that one start with the backwards stuff?

"What are you lookin' for the devil for when you oughta be lookin' for the Lawrd"
08-12-2002 18:57 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
"It must be...
just like...

Big Grin

Yes, God Gave Rock & Roll Eddies style! or maybe Sprinklerhead could do it?!!!

BD

08-12-2002 19:30 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

God Gave Rock And Roll To You is an old Argent song.

08-12-2002 21:20 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

Thread Starter Thread Started by Lost Canine

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
quote:
"It must be...
just like...

Big Grin

Doesn't that one start with the backwards stuff?

"What are you lookin' for the devil for when you oughta be lookin' for the Lawrd"

Yes, that is what I'm referring to. Listen to that, and then the opening of "Meal." Does it not sound a little bit similar?
LK-9

08-12-2002 22:03 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

quote:
"It must be...
just like...

Wow, some old school Petra!! My mom has the first half dozen Petra albums on vinyl so I've heard them hundreds of times. Some great stuff!!

-- aotp
08-13-2002 08:52 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
LK-9

I can hear them both in my head and unless my head is wrong (which could be true) I would have to say no Wink

08-13-2002 10:59 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:
LK-9

I can hear them both in my head and unless my head is wrong (which could be true) I would have to say no Wink

Listen with your heart and not your head, boy..

08-13-2002 11:26 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

you gotta get that Gospel fever!

08-13-2002 12:12 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

you are all nuts!

Big Grin

08-13-2002 13:25 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

thanks!

Smile )

08-13-2002 14:05 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
you are all nuts!

Big Grin
Doc, quit talking about my anatomy.

08-13-2002 16:12 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

Shocked Shocked

08-13-2002 16:15 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Ever have Soy Nuts?
They are pretty tasty! Wink

08-13-2002 16:16 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Ever have Soy Nuts?

Yummy!

08-13-2002 16:17 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
Ever have Soy Nuts?

Yummy!

Finger licking good! Smile )

08-13-2002 16:18 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

You go doc, uhh, to keep this on topic, "Stop Surfing!"

08-13-2002 16:18 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA & Petra

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH