Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Great Moments with Mr. Amos » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Great Moments with Mr. Amos
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Great Moments with Mr. Amos Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I put on my collection of old DA performances as background noise this weekend. It's great to see the hold they had on their audiences back then. I'm sure many of us are still here because of the experience they gave us back then.

Were any of you lucky enough to play I Love You #19 at one of their shows when they all got too tired to play?

Did any of you get sick of Dance Stop by the 5th or 6th time they played it in one show?

Were any of you fooled by the random question from the audience which resulted in DA being called "dumb rock stars" which they then refuted by arguing the theological constructs of Blake's view of the arts in the church?

Do you miss the "Rock Towel"

Just another trip down memory lane.

August 2005
05-17-2004 11:37 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Duck tape jackets... manequins and TVs...slide whistles
and 3D glasses... onstage 'living room' and couch...
masks with eerie light... slide projector and mannequin-man Ed...

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-17-2004 12:05 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

all I rememer is the "buzz"- in CCM (they picked up on it occasionally) and a few other publications
"These guys are very weird on stage......."
but never got to see it in the heyday..
(wahhhhhhhh)

You get a lil nod and a sigh while watching the DVDs however...thats something.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
05-17-2004 12:13 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Thread Starter Thread Started by zippetydoodaddy

Oh, I also watched Terry's 700 Club interview circa 85/86. That interviewer is such a boob! From his lame attempts at hip language to his bizarre version of the "quote/unquote" finger gesture, this guy easily makes Uncle Terry look like the coolest rock star ever!

Don't get me wrong, I thank the guy for putting DA out in the limelight for their 15 minutes. Knowing their history, he probably had to fight the man tooth and nail to get them to air the thing.

It still doesn't change the fact that he's a big dork! (no offense bigdork)

-zip

August 2005
05-17-2004 13:10 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Sounds funny Big Grin

05-17-2004 13:17 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Administrator

I like the part where the little dumbo says "mannequins,
venetian blinds... venetian blinds?, Terry come on.."
And you can see the smirk on Uncle Terry's face, that
smirk to me is saying the same thing you are.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-17-2004 16:52 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Yeah, it's like he knows that the religious right are going to be shocked that venetian blinds are going to be used in ways far more sinister than their intended use.

Terry, come on! Convince us that you aren't some left wing wacko!

Venetian blinds indeed.

How 'bout when he insults the show's anchor woman by implying that she's a child of the '50s and not the '60s as he so proudly claims.

August 2005
05-17-2004 17:29 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by zippetydoodaddy
Oh, I also watched Terry's 700 Club interview circa 85/86. That interviewer is such a boob! From his lame attempts at hip language to his bizarre version of the "quote/unquote" finger gesture, this guy easily makes Uncle Terry look like the coolest rock star ever!

Don't get me wrong, I thank the guy for putting DA out in the limelight for their 15 minutes. Knowing their history, he probably had to fight the man tooth and nail to get them to air the thing.

It still doesn't change the fact that he's a big dork! (no offense bigdork)

-zip

i would love to see that!!! Big Grin

and bd won't be offended, he doesn't post here any more..... Frown

05-17-2004 17:55 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Grand Encephalon

You are not the only one who misses BD. Crying

05-17-2004 18:04 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

What? What happened to BD?

05-18-2004 13:01 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Grand Encephalon

He turned into BGA Crying

05-18-2004 13:09 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Bga?? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What do you mean?

August 2005

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by zippetydoodaddy: 05-18-2004 15:04.

05-18-2004 15:03 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

My understandikng is that he got sick and tired of the same old arguments brought out time and time again and all the trash talk that went with it.

05-18-2004 15:55 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Administrator

Yep. Even though, you have to enter the messageboard,
click on the argument section, click on individual threads,
scroll down and read the posts, click to look at the next page
to see the same old arguments and trash talk.

But now, it's invisible and you can't even see any of it
unless you request a password so it's even harder
to subject yourself to what offends you. Wink

05-18-2004 16:02 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
bret bret is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 08-08-2003

And for that, J&E, we are thankful!

BD can be seen on another message board that is kindly administered by the dynamic duo from Chuck Berry's home town.

Stylin' in my buddy's '34 Ford Roadster
05-18-2004 16:08 bret is offline Send an Email to bret Homepage of bret Search for Posts by bret Add bret to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of bret: forty dlux
Administrator

He (Chuck Berry) actually has a house close enough to where we live
that I used to ride my bike past it.

05-18-2004 16:13 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

i knew BD had a secret life! He insists that he rarely leaves Phoenix.

Would he peer out his window with that bright blue face and those dreadful eyes when you would drive by?
05-19-2004 01:52 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
He actually has a house close enough to where we live
that I used to ride my bike past it.

Wonder if he ever sang "Jason Be Goode" or "Eric Be Goode" when the audiori bros went riding by?

Of course he could have also been singing "My Ding-a-ling"! Tongue

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
05-19-2004 09:41 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Great Moments with Mr. Amos

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH