Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Scenic Route Day » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Scenic Route Day
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

how can I be serious? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

In Amber Waves Goodbye

Who are the fallen angels that weep?

Could it be that the boys were including the unborn?

..God bless the poor she left in the streets
Lord she heard those babies cry
those little fallen angels weep cause
Amber waves goodbye
Amber waves goodbye

That made sense to me- any other thoughts?

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-28-2004 11:44 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

RE: how can I be serious? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
In Amber Waves Goodbye

Who are the fallen angels that weep?

Could it be that the boys were including the unborn?

..God bless the poor she left in the streets
Amber waves goodbye
Amber waves goodbye

That made sense to me- any other thoughts?

Well, I could be mean and say that's because of your Catholic roots. Tongue JK
Seriously, that is the biggest thing that gives me some respect for Catholics.

Well, that's a pretty good listen. I hadn't thought of it exactly like that before. Who are Amber and Danny supposed to be anyway, anybody real? In your light perhaps you could imagine they were a couple of young, scared, ignorant kids.

The lines
God bless the poor she left in the streets
made me think of Mother Teresa. Crying

The line
Bright white crosses line the hillside
made me think about a cool guy that came to our old church, Tom Demaree. He mentioned an organization (maybe his) starting a nationwide campaign to use land and put crosses out for all the murdered unborn. His organization was called Pentecost Walk and they were going around the nation. No, he wasn't some pentecostal looney and he wasn't literally carrying a cross. He seemed like the real deal to me.
"We are walking and praying the length and breadth of this land, calling believers from every culture to unite by signing the National Prayer of Repentance, which we will present to our President as a public declaration that in Christ alone rests our hope as a nation."
See here for more:
http://www.pentecostwalk.org/
They even have cool Johnny Hart BC comics T-shirts!

I always thought about the song just in the more obvious historical terms, especially with some of the Civil War song themes and such. You are so rockin' JC!

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
04-28-2004 12:09 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I dunno - my read is
To me
Amber is our Nation and the "she" references the same
its the way we used to feel about our nation-
thats why Amber Waves ( of grain ) wave goodbye
Danny boy is the people represented in that "better" time.
Have you noticed that one verse mentions azure (blue)
one mentions red and one mentions white?

Now look at the song lyrics- I'd hate to ask Terry only to find he has something COMPLETELY different in mind

but to me - the song is the state of our once beautiful, strong-honest nation- including the little fallen angels that weep for a better day.

btw - on the same line
read a bumper sticker that LOLed me

Where am I going?
and why am I in this handbasket?

to steal from LK9 - just my lost thoughts-

04-28-2004 13:33 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by Lost Canine
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

That's copyrighted Red Face

04-28-2004 14:05 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

I know - thats why I stole it....duh!

04-28-2004 14:33 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
I dunno - my read is
To me

Now look at the song lyrics- I'd hate to ask Terry only to find he has something COMPLETELY different in mind

but to me - the song is the state of our once beautiful, strong-honest nation- including the little fallen angels that weep for a better day.

That's pretty much how I always thought of that song, with the exception of those little fallen angels. I guess I didn't realize the timeline was coming completely into the modern age. I suppose I always thought that the little fallen angels were either the angels that used to watch over the "boys" on those Civil War battlefields, or perhaps the angels of their sons and daughters left as orphans back home. My 2c.

Got a few miles left ...

04-28-2004 14:58 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
quote:
Originally posted by carl
Kinda puts a new spin on "pigs in a blanket / nice and hot / wax museums / mystery spot," don't it?

I'm eating lunch now. I'm glad I didn't bring hot dogs!

We don't have any dogs for you to bring to work. . . . . . . . Tongue

Unless you're talking about the Lost Dogs! Big Grin

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
04-28-2004 15:18 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
I know - thats why I stole it....duh!

I'm sending Robert Shapiro to your door. Watch out! Cool

04-28-2004 15:43 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

quote:
Is there just one more bullet available on the train here?

I've got two more, and you can join the Beatles.

04-28-2004 17:36 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
Toque Boy Toque Boy is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 12-08-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Stuart Pedasso
quote:

I'm a little confused. One for jiminy and then one for...yourself? Is jiminy hard to kill so he'll need 2 bullets?
04-28-2004 17:40 Toque Boy is offline Send an Email to Toque Boy Search for Posts by Toque Boy Add Toque Boy to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Toque Boy
quote:
Originally posted by Stuart Pedasso
quote:

I'm a little confused. One for jiminy and then one for...yourself? Is jiminy hard to kill so he'll need 2 bullets?

Duh - you have to get silver bullets, and LOTS of them. Anybody live near Golden, CO?

(While you're at it Wogs might like a few as well).

As for me, I would prefer hard cider. Red Face

Got a few miles left ...

04-29-2004 08:52 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
I dunno - my read is
To me

btw - on the same line

Where am I going?

Who can swallow this:

What if Amber is Mary, the Sweet Mother of God in a way - as a representation of the decline of Catholocism in America, as well as the abortion angle?

Consider especially:
She prayed to heaven
but you still died

Makes your take on the fallen, weeping angels a bit more real, huh?

I'm surprised you didn't suggest that, JC! (but then maybe you wanted to see how long and who would come up with it?)

Got a few miles left ...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mountain Fan: 04-29-2004 11:18.

04-29-2004 11:16 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

I finally got to listen to Scenic Routes. Unfortunately, I was cooking supper, enchiladas! Pleased , so I don't have too many comments at this point. Guess I just missed out on that game! Crying

Smile
04-29-2004 23:51 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
bret bret is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 08-08-2003

I finally found my CD today! It was in the truck, instead of my CD rack. Guess I will just have to make tomorrow my Scenic Route Day!

Stylin' in my buddy's '34 Ford Roadster
04-30-2004 00:09 bret is offline Send an Email to bret Homepage of bret Search for Posts by bret Add bret to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of bret: forty dlux
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by bret
I finally found my CD today! It was in the truck, instead of my CD rack. Guess I will just have to make tomorrow my Scenic Route Day!

I'm with you bret! Smile ) Pleased

Smile
04-30-2004 00:46 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by bereal
quote:

Hey, now! Mad Tongue

Got a few miles left ...

04-30-2004 08:50 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

I've been listening, and nearly crying, with this disc all week. Gene's voice is so haunting on this disc. I still think this is my favorite LD recording. Maybe it's because I drove to that first Dog's show at C-Stone, talked to Terry & Gene, and listened to this disc for the 1200 mile trip.

04-30-2004 09:47 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
I dunno - my read is
To me

btw - on the same line

Where am I going?

Who can swallow this:

What if Amber is Mary, the Sweet Mother of God in a way - as a representation of the decline of Catholocism in America, as well as the abortion angle?

Consider especially:
She prayed to heaven
but you still died

Makes your take on the fallen, weeping angels a bit more real, huh?

I'm surprised you didn't suggest that, JC! (but then maybe you wanted to see how long and who would come up with it?)

I think this is really pertinent too:
http://www.applejuice.org/johnnyappleseed.html

The Story of Johnny Appleseed

Johnny Appleseed spent 49 years of his life in the American wilderness planting apple seeds. Johnny Appleseed’s real name was John Chapman. He was born September 26, 1774 in Massachusetts. He created apple orchards in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Pennsylvania and Ohio. After 200 years, some of those trees still bear apples.

Johnny Appleseed’s dream was for a land where blossoming apple trees were everywhere and no one was hungry. A gentle and kind man, he slept outdoors and walked barefoot around the country planting apple seeds everywhere he went. It is even told that he made his drinking water from snow by melting it with his feet.

Johnny was a friend to everyone he met. Indians and settlers -- even the animals -- liked Johnny Appleseed. His clothes were made from sacks and his hat was a tin pot. He also used his hat for cooking. His favorite book was the Bible.

There are many tales about Johnny Appleseed. It is said that once Johnny fell asleep and a rattlesnake tried to bite him, but the fangs would not go into his foot because his skin was as tough as an elephant’s hide. Another tale describes him playing with a bear family.

Johnny Appleseed died in 1845. It was the only time he had been sick -- in over 70 years!!!

Got a few miles left ...

04-30-2004 09:54 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
bret bret is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 08-08-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Lost Canine
I've been listening, and nearly crying, with this disc all week. Gene's voice is so haunting on this disc. I still think this is my favorite LD recording. Maybe it's because I drove to that first Dog's show at C-Stone, talked to Terry & Gene, and listened to this disc for the 1200 mile trip.

It's probably my all time fav' of the Dog's CDs.

In my pursuit of learning to play guitar, a good chunk of the songs that I have been working on have been off of this CD, mainly the ones fronted by Gene.

As much as I liked Gene's voice fronting Adam Again, I loved it more when he was singing leads in The Lost Dogs.

I REALLY miss Gene.

Stylin' in my buddy's '34 Ford Roadster
04-30-2004 10:30 bret is offline Send an Email to bret Homepage of bret Search for Posts by bret Add bret to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of bret: forty dlux
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bereal
quote:

Hey, now! Mad Tongue

Get yer mind outa the gutter! Tongue

Scenic Routes rocks! Cool

Smile
04-30-2004 15:49 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Scenic Route Day

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH