Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Swirling Eddies Return! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 8 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Swirling Eddies Return! 3 Votes - Average Rating: 8.673 Votes - Average Rating: 8.673 Votes - Average Rating: 8.673 Votes - Average Rating: 8.67
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The USPS sucks!!!

03-29-2004 13:20 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
The USPS sucks!!!

They'll be showing up on your doorstep. And they won't be delivering mail! Baby

03-29-2004 22:18 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
DarnFloorBigBite DarnFloorBigBite is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 03-14-2004

Yeah the last thing you need is an angry Postman at your door with an AK47 saying:
"WE suck? Suck THIS Order-boy!"

Don't laff.....it's closer than U think....... Tongue Wink

Shop smart! Shop S-MART!
03-30-2004 01:01 DarnFloorBigBite is offline Send an Email to DarnFloorBigBite Homepage of DarnFloorBigBite Search for Posts by DarnFloorBigBite Add DarnFloorBigBite to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of DarnFloorBigBite: stevezilla2002
Grand Encephalon

I know, I worked for the post office for 8 long hellish months. Bullets were ricocheting off the walls.

03-30-2004 10:01 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Joey,

We can't prevent lost packages... you should be considering
not dealing with the USPS again - not the webstore. *We* didn't
create your wait, they did. It went out again pretty quick after you
emailed us the info on your order. Had the USPS delivered it the
first time we shipped it, you would have had it in less than a week
most likely.

they should be liable for it then... anyways, yes... every other time i've ordered, you guys have been great... so i'm gonna go order the new eddies right now! Smile )

03-30-2004 13:04 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Grand Encephalon

Woo hoo. Another one jumps on board Cool

03-30-2004 13:05 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

It amazes me how much they seem to lose. We grew up
ordering tons of stuff through mailorder - toys when we were
little kids, CDs, books, musical instruments, etc, etc... we've
had a few things get lost over the years, so I was always aware
that it was possible for packages to "vanish," but ever since
we've been doing these stores, it has really surprised us just
how often it happens. I'm guessing that since these packages
(obviously) contain CDs - the lucky folks that accidentally receive
them are less likely to return them to the post office... (??)

We have always had major problems with international
packages getting lost too... especially Australia it seems like.
We've been trying to figure out what to do.. there are better
ways to ship - but it would drive the cost way up. The cost of
shipping (and customs fees, etc) is already a problem for our
international customers, so we'd hate to add to it by shipping
everything Fed Ex or something.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
03-30-2004 15:03 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Lamp Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
It amazes me how much they seem to lose. We grew up
ordering tons of stuff through mailorder - toys when we were
little kids, CDs, books, musical instruments, etc, etc... we've
had a few things get lost over the years, so I was always aware
that it was possible for packages to "vanish," but ever since
we've been doing these stores, it has really surprised us just
how often it happens. I'm guessing that since these packages
(obviously) contain CDs - the lucky folks that accidentally receive
them are less likely to return them to the post office... (??)

i wonder how much of it is kids stealing mail out of people's boxes??? Confused

maybe some kid will steal a Da disc and get saved... Big Grin

Stealing People's Mail Shocked

by the Dead Kennedys

We ain't going to the party
We ain't going to the game
We ain't going to the disco
Ain't gonna cruise down main

We're stealing people's mail
stealing people's mail
stealing people's mail
On a friday night

Drivin' in the mountains
Winding 'round and 'round
Rummage thru your mailboxes
Take your mail back to town

And we got license plates, wedding gifts, tax returns
Checks to politicians from real estate firms
Money, bills and cancelled checks
Pretty funny pictures of your kids

We're gonna steal your mail
On a Friday night
By the pale moonlight

We got grocery sackful after grocery sackful
After grocery sackful after grocery sackful
After grocery sackful after grocery sackful
Of the private lives of you
Ha Ha

People say that we're crazy
We're sick and all alone
But when we read your letters
We're rolling on the floor

We got more license plates, wedding gifts, tax returns
Checks to politicians from real estate firms
Money, bills and cancelled checks
We cut relationships with your friends

On a Friday night
By the pale moonlight

We better not get caught
We'll be dumped in institutions
Where we'll be drugged and shocked
'Til we come out born-again Christians

03-30-2004 15:20 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Jad
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 06-21-2002

Deliveries to Australia Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

We have always had major problems with international
packages getting lost too... especially Australia it seems like.
We've been trying to figure out what to do.. there are better
ways to ship - but it would drive the cost way up. The cost of
shipping (and customs fees, etc) is already a problem for our
international customers, so we'd hate to add to it by shipping
everything Fed Ex or something.

I order a lot of stuff from the U.S. and from memory, I've only ever had the one not arrive. I've had stuff show up 9 months late, looking like it's been through a blender, but most of the time it's pretty good.

The only hassle is that quite often there are delays for no apparent reason. Some stuff gets here in a week, some stuff takes 2 months, and that's with air mail.
03-30-2004 19:37 Jad is offline Send an Email to Jad Search for Posts by Jad Add Jad to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

hey jad.

good to see you about.

03-30-2004 19:54 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Selling on ebay has shown me how bad the USPS is. I never want to mail anything to Chicago again...it takes months.

When I worked at the post office the police were there at least once a week doing a report on stolen mail. I live in a small town in the mountains without much crime so I cannot imagine what the city must be like.

Great lyric joey. Now I know it's the punk kids stealing mail Big Grin

03-30-2004 22:40 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

RE: Deliveries to Australia Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Jad
[
I order a lot of stuff from the U.S. and from memory, I've only ever had the one not arrive. I've had stuff show up 9 months late, looking like it's been through a blender, but most of the time it's pretty good.

The only hassle is that quite often there are delays for no apparent reason. Some stuff gets here in a week, some stuff takes 2 months, and that's with air mail.

Ditto. The worst i ever had was an order from Paste - it took 6 months and then a week after the replacement arrives the first delivery turns up.

Mind you I've been waitng a month for Stargate series 1 which was sent a month ago.

03-30-2004 23:55 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Grand Encephalon

Strangely, I've never had a problem mailing things out of the country.

03-31-2004 00:03 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Jad
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 06-21-2002

Hey Wes Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by wes berlin
hey jad.

good to see you about.

Yeah, I don't usually post (prefer to add my mindless drivel to the Choir Board), but I'm a constant lurker.
03-31-2004 03:31 Jad is offline Send an Email to Jad Search for Posts by Jad Add Jad to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori
RE: Deliveries to Australia Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Jad

I've had stuff show up 9 months late, looking like it's been through a blender, but most of the time it's pretty good.

Yeah, we've experienced that stuff too. Sometimes I think
its just customs... we've had a couple of customers that received
an international package really late send us notes about
the "customs" markings all over the package. In at least one
case, customs had opened it up and resealed it with special
"customs" tape. In all of these cases, it seems like they held
on to it for a really long time... a lot longer than it should take
to look inside and see that its just harmless CDs.

I suppose all of that is unavoidable. It gets to be very annoying
and expensive for us because when this happens, we sometimes
reship the package... then both of them arrive. Then its a hassle
for the customer to send one of them back.

I don't know what it is the rest of the time... the packages
must be circling the globe a few times before they finally
arrive where they're supposed to be.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
03-31-2004 12:28 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith

Great lyric joey. Now I know it's the punk kids stealing mail Big Grin

Tongue

03-31-2004 13:59 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Grand Encephalon

The other day one of Cindy's co-workers came in with one of our netflox DVD's and says hey, I got your mail in my box today Roll Eyes

03-31-2004 22:00 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Crinklepot Crinklepot is a male
Dignified Lazar

Registration Date: 04-17-2002

Who is Swirling Eddies? Who is Berger?
04-02-2004 13:03 Crinklepot is offline Send an Email to Crinklepot Search for Posts by Crinklepot Add Crinklepot to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

The eddies are not important. Berger is an inept and disgraced member of Clinton's foreign ministry.
04-02-2004 13:08 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Berger Roy Al
Swirling Eddies

Registration Date: 02-14-2003

WHAT?! I am NOT married to Big Gay Al!

04-02-2004 13:32 Berger Roy Al is offline Send an Email to Berger Roy Al Homepage of Berger Roy Al Search for Posts by Berger Roy Al Add Berger Roy Al to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Berger Roy Al: I_am_not_insane! YIM Account Name of Berger Roy Al: I_AM_not_insane! View the MSN Profile for Berger Roy Al
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 8 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Swirling Eddies Return!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH