Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Passion Of The Christ » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (14): « first ... « previous 8 9 [10] 11 12 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Passion Of The Christ
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Col Parker Col Parker is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 02-28-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Have I got this right, someone is suggesting Mel Gibson is motivated by money, and this person hasn't seen the movie?

Anyone could question Terry Taylor's motives because he sells his records instead of giving them away for free.

What are you going to suggest next, that the movie is anti-Semitic?

quote:
My point is not to attack Mel as an individual. I'm attacking pop Christianity. If there is any one person who deserves credit for shaping my philosophy on the matter it would be Terry Scott Taylor (my hero Big Grin ). Look at the above lyrics and tell me if you agree or disagree. Then we'll be on the same page Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Col Parker: 03-19-2004 23:18.

03-19-2004 23:17 Col Parker is offline Send an Email to Col Parker Search for Posts by Col Parker Add Col Parker to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Red Face

Go back and read the whole thread Roll Eyes

03-20-2004 11:18 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Did anyone see the cool prizes on the cover of Globe magazine Tongue Roll Eyes

I listen to this computor show on the radio with jeff levey or whatever his name is. He was talking about how dangerous it is to e-file your taxes. Out of the blue he says, you won't see Mel Gibson e-filing with all the millions he made this year Big Grin

03-21-2004 10:59 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

RE: The Passion Of The Christ Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by zippetydoodaddy
I always touted "The Twist" as one of the most hard hitting crucifixion songs in all of Christian music, oh and "Old Rugged Cross".

Gritty and gory, Terry captures the stress and pain of Good Friday.

I saw "The Passion" last night and now I can't help but here those words in my head. If you don't know the song, read the lyrics below and take them with you in your head to see the movie. It was an enhancement I now cherish.

The Twist

from the album "Zoom Daddy"
Words by Terry Taylor, Music by Terry Taylor, David Raven, Jerry Chamberlain and Tim Chander
©1988 Broken Songs

hang on, believe
there's nothing up my sleeve
i've got no magic tricks to save the day
put down the gun
you're not helping anyone
and i'm not about to run or back away

don't walk the fence
then come to my defense
i don't need fair weather kinds of friends around
so watch and pray
as a traitor's kiss betrays
and rest your feet of clay on shaky ground

chorus
and look me in the face, at least what's left of it
tell me you still love me just a little bit
or nail me down, break the skin
hard enough to do me in
but don't leave me hanging
dying and dangling
twisting in the wind

here, touch my side
let doubt be crucified
nailed with your wounded pride
to love's grim altar
here, taste my flesh
my bloody humanness
i am no phantom guest
no skinless martyr

so taste and feel
there's nothing to conceal
you always knew the deal
as sacrifice
stand up, be strong
when all you've got is gone
i left the light turned on in paradise

chorus

and when the walls cave in
and the curtain's torn asunder
you'll know we're near the end
you'll hear me in the thunder
and when the sun grows dim
this will be your sign and wonder
that soon we'll meet again
just like we did last summer

I also like The Call - Criminal. I think it ranks up there too. I've posted the lyrics here before, but that thread was deleted. Maybe sometime I'll retype them. I can't find them on the web.

"tore my soul on the rusty nail"

03-22-2004 20:29 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Next to The Twist by Terry Scott Taylor, this is my favorite song about the crucifixion. It is excellent.

The Call – Criminal

Have you gotten what you came for
Would you ever feel ashamed for
Criminal is the name
For what you’ve done to me
Did you shoot down what you aimed for
Could you ever take the blame for
Criminal is the name

We’ll meet tonight at the garden gate
Love betrayed with a kiss of fate
Bind my hands and bind my feet
Face to face at last we meet
In the darkened hearts of holy men
Truth is truth and must offend
Freedom dies as freedom lives
Fear just takes while love just gives

Criminal is the name
Criminal is the name

A hand is raised and the people cry
A choice is made who will live or die
Spirit claims what the flesh can’t see
Reason lost in the mystery
Life is pain, life is trouble
Paths will cross and you’re bound to stumble
Love will be what love will be
Lord who’s got the eyes to see

Criminal is the name
Criminal is the name

Love stands on trial
Love stands denied

Love arrives and love prevails
Tore my soul on a rusty nail
Thrown aside and torn asunder
Lightning flash and a crack of thunder
Earth will rise and the rivers flood
You break my heart now the taste of blood
Lift me high for all to see
God what have you done to me

Criminal is the name
Criminal is the name

03-22-2004 20:44 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Thread Starter Thread Started by zippetydoodaddy
Ouch! I'm Mr. Obvious! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey Mark,

I've got that CD. I played it for 2 weeks straight when I got it and it rears it's lovely head every once in a while.

BUT, I stand ashamed that I made no connection between those lyrics and the crucifixion. Sure, it's obvious now that it's right in front of my face, but I guess I didn't pay much attention to the content before. I just took it as a love-denied-forsaken song and the imagery was just for effect.

Funny, but it must be the same for a Jew reading Isaiah 53.

August 2005
03-23-2004 10:56 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Lazysusan
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 03-06-2003

Mel Gibson has a cute butt.

Spittin' image of ma!
03-23-2004 11:05 Lazysusan is offline Send an Email to Lazysusan Search for Posts by Lazysusan Add Lazysusan to your Buddy List
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Thread Starter Thread Started by zippetydoodaddy

quote:
Originally posted by Lazysusan
Mel Gibson has a cute butt.

Of all the discussion here, in the media, and in the public square regarding this controversial film, it will all come down to the simple and clear assertion that, yes, Mel Gibson does indeed have a cute butt.

Thanks for getting us to the point.

August 2005
03-23-2004 11:17 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Lazysusan
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 03-06-2003

All my friends think he does too.

Spittin' image of ma!
03-23-2004 11:19 Lazysusan is offline Send an Email to Lazysusan Search for Posts by Lazysusan Add Lazysusan to your Buddy List
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

You won't get the point unless he turns around.

I guess if I had to choose a male celebrity butt, it would be Mel's - I don't think I could stand to see Michael Douglass' hairy rear on the screen again.

PS, Anyone see Mel on Leno last night?

03-23-2004 11:50 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Cloony showed his butt quite often on solaris Roll Eyes

03-23-2004 12:08 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

I almost showed my butt once in a solarium, but it was only cuz my shorts got stuck to the fake leather chair as I tried to stand up......

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
03-23-2004 12:21 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

Proof positive that no thread can stay on topic.

03-23-2004 12:44 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Big Grin

03-23-2004 13:01 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

thaaank you vey much...............

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
03-23-2004 15:02 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

RE: Ouch! I'm Mr. Obvious! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by zippetydoodaddy
Hey Mark,

I've got that CD. I played it for 2 weeks straight when I got it and it rears it's lovely head every once in a while.

BUT, I stand ashamed that I made no connection between those lyrics and the crucifixion. Sure, it's obvious now that it's right in front of my face, but I guess I didn't pay much attention to the content before. I just took it as a love-denied-forsaken song and the imagery was just for effect.

Funny, but it must be the same for a Jew reading Isaiah 53.

Yes, I like that song. It definitely fits in with The Passion. I'm surprised someone isn't trying to market it to tie in to the movie to make some money.

Wink

03-23-2004 16:17 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
DarnFloorBigBite DarnFloorBigBite is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 03-14-2004

What ARE we talking about again?
A passion for Mel's butt, or his movie? :confused:

Shop smart! Shop S-MART!
03-25-2004 14:42 DarnFloorBigBite is offline Send an Email to DarnFloorBigBite Homepage of DarnFloorBigBite Search for Posts by DarnFloorBigBite Add DarnFloorBigBite to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of DarnFloorBigBite: stevezilla2002
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Lamp Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

dfbb, you'll soon come to learn here that any thread that stays on-topic to the second page sucks.............. Wink

03-25-2004 14:47 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
dfbb, you'll soon come to learn here that any thread that stays on-topic to the second page sucks.............. Wink

How would you know? We've never had a thread stay on topic until page two. Red Face

03-25-2004 15:01 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Mark Mark is a male

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.

How profound

03-27-2004 17:25 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Pages (14): « first ... « previous 8 9 [10] 11 12 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Passion Of The Christ

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH