Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Passion Of The Christ » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (14): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Passion Of The Christ
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Driver8
I watched an interview that Jim Caviezel (Jesus in the movie) gave to ABC and he said that he grew up Catholic but never went to church. He said that during this movie he rededicated his life to Christ and now he said (paraphrased) "I love my Lord Jesus more than I ever did". So don't go throwing stones at TBN just cause you don't like them.

Isn't that a good enough reason? Confused

Tongue

Big Grin

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
03-08-2004 12:51 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
On TBN they are saying that the guy who played Jesus was unsaved until he was on the cross and then he was transformed. It all hit him so hard. Sounds like the old TBN bull if you ask me.

It is - I read an article about the man when he did the Count of Monte Cristo (which I thought was an excellent film)- and he spoke openly of his faith then.
Now whether something more has happened to him since I cannot say.

Interesting- thats the first bit of baloney I've heard out of TBN......

And dorf- all your points are very well understood (I think) - and I see what you mean, wait 6 months (or till the day after Easter)- if that, and we will for the most part have moved on.

I hope nobody thinks I'm attacking them for seeing the movie. I'm just viewing my concerns. As far as the guy who played Jesus, well when you see a movie being put together it is a very stressful thing. The sets are crazy and everything is in a whirlwind. I find it hard to believe that anyone can find time for reflection...especiall with all the make up and uncomfortable positions.

03-08-2004 12:54 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

quote:
Originally posted by carl
quote:
I watched an interview that Jim Caviezel (Jesus in the movie) gave to ABC and he said that he grew up Catholic but never went to church. He said that during this movie he rededicated his life to Christ and now he said (paraphrased) "I love my Lord Jesus more than I ever did". So don't go throwing stones at TBN just cause you don't like them.

Tongue

Big Grin

Roll Eyes no Tongue

sorry if I came across a little bitter.......I don't watch TBN but I won't say anything bad about them.........although I do find them amusing at times Big Grin I definetley do not agree with ALL of thier teachings.

03-08-2004 12:55 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
quote:
quote:

Tongue

Big Grin

Roll Eyes no Tongue

sorry if I came across a little bitter.......I don't watch TBN but I won't say anything bad about them.........although I do find them amusing at times Big Grin I definetley do not agree with ALL of thier teachings.

girls, girls, girls.....

03-08-2004 13:05 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
On TBN they are saying that the guy who played Jesus was unsaved until he was on the cross and then he was transformed. It all hit him so hard. Sounds like the old TBN bull if you ask me.

It is - I read an article about the man when he did the Count of Monte Cristo (which I thought was an excellent film)- and he spoke openly of his faith then.
Now whether something more has happened to him since I cannot say.

Interesting- thats the first bit of baloney I've heard out of TBN......

And dorf- all your points are very well understood (I think) - and I see what you mean, wait 6 months (or till the day after Easter)- if that, and we will for the most part have moved on.

I hope nobody thinks I'm attacking them for seeing the movie. I'm just viewing my concerns. As far as the guy who played Jesus, well when you see a movie being put together it is a very stressful thing. The sets are crazy and everything is in a whirlwind. I find it hard to believe that anyone can find time for reflection...especiall with all the make up and uncomfortable positions.

Well, he's not in every scene, so I suppose he could've had some downtime.

BTW, I don't get the impresson you are attacking anyone. I think that you have raised some valid concerns. And I really don't think you should go if you are uncomfortable going. I don't think Heaven's admittance list is based on what film you've watched, if you know what I mean. Wink

Wait til it's on DVD and rent it. Watch it in the privacy of your home after the publicity has died down. With your film-watching background, I think you might enjoy critiquing the film someday. Just a suggestion... Cool

03-08-2004 13:08 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Thanks pup. Good thoughts.

03-08-2004 13:10 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Oh yeah, my comments were really in a general sense
about societies complaints about the film. Not really directed
at you either. I would hate for people to not get a possible
blessing from seeing the film because they don't like Mel
or they don't like his artistic representation of satan or
that he turned four minor characters into one, etc.

I was irritated durring the film by how some people acted
while watching it, as I stated before. But I still came away
glad I saw it. The visuals just add to what my imagination
already sees about all I know concerning the crucifiction.
It was a really good film, parts of it spoke to me despite
a few errors and annoying people. The good this film did
for me outweighs the errors and garbage.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
03-08-2004 13:36 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
quote:
quote:
quote:

Tongue

Big Grin

Roll Eyes no Tongue

girls, girls, girls.....

Like I said Joey I find them amusing Red Face

Tongue

03-08-2004 14:23 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I saw an interview with Jim where he said that Mel Gibson made sure there was a Mass held and they prayed everyday before they did any work.

03-08-2004 14:43 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

I saw that interview as well-

and also watched an interview and heard Jim C speak of how much different this film was than anything he had- or will ever- do again.
The most interesting thing was he said he really didnt care what people thought of his portayal (in a sense) - because he did'nt feel he was "acting" in the way of anything he had ever done before, or will ever do again. He felt he was being used to portray a bigger message than he himself could ever do- and a humble servant of God. He also spoke of being "led of Gods Spirit" during much of the filming...
thought that was an honest comment- and personally believe it made a difference on the film (how could it not?)

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
03-08-2004 15:12 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
HEMISPHERICALHEADS HEMISPHERICALHEADS is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-07-2003

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
I find it hard to believe that anyone can find time for reflection...especiall with all the make up and uncomfortable positions.

I understand your concern but you are using your own intellect to figure out when God can work..He could take any senerio and save someone. We humans like to guess using our own finite minds.
03-08-2004 16:43 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Not necessarily related, but I like this picture.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mark: 03-08-2004 19:23.

03-08-2004 19:22 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Not necessarily related, but I like this picture.

03-08-2004 19:22 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Shocked

Double post

03-08-2004 19:23 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Vox Robotica
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpg

Registration Date: 06-19-2003

quote:
girls, girls, girls.....

I don't think I've ever laughed at a picture that hard before.

Big Grin

~ Vox

"The systems fail
All the circuits blown
And the message lost in this machine oh

03-08-2004 21:52 Vox Robotica is offline Send an Email to Vox Robotica Homepage of Vox Robotica Search for Posts by Vox Robotica Add Vox Robotica to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Vox Robotica: jeremyszehr YIM Account Name of Vox Robotica: jeremyszehr View the MSN Profile for Vox Robotica
TattooBob TattooBob is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2003

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Tongue

Big Grin

Roll Eyes no Tongue

girls, girls, girls.....

Someone scoop my eyes out with a spoon! Shocked

BOBD

03-08-2004 23:21 TattooBob is offline Send an Email to TattooBob Search for Posts by TattooBob Add TattooBob to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

Looks like they are trying to intubate her with that mic! Confused

~Groucho~
03-09-2004 01:00 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

heh heh

you said intubate

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
03-09-2004 07:06 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
booswain1 booswain1 is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 02-19-2004

But what a beautiful shade of pink....

that should be the cover for the new eddies album
03-09-2004 19:12 booswain1 is offline Send an Email to booswain1 Search for Posts by booswain1 Add booswain1 to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Hmm... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I thought they'd have an issue with cross-dressing.

DwD
03-09-2004 20:32 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Pages (14): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Passion Of The Christ

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH