Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » New Releases... 2004 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New Releases... 2004 5 Votes - Average Rating: 10.005 Votes - Average Rating: 10.005 Votes - Average Rating: 10.005 Votes - Average Rating: 10.005 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well it's still early all these things are in pre-planning stages.
And if we print most of them, we would do them nice, so we would
have plenty. Right now, we'd be in the same financial boat everyone
else is in.

j and e

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
12-21-2003 10:19 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jamespop jamespop is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Nothing much new to add, but I'll weigh in... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I would be really interested in everything that was mentioned with one exception (more on that in a minute).

1. "Daniel Amos" re-issue - This would be the number one priority for me. It is the one major release that I have yet to obtain (being that ebay always gets beyond my willingness to reach, or I'm unable to join in the last-minute bidding frenzy).

2. Everything else would have me visiting my local webstore....

3. Oh, yeah - the exception - that would be "Imaginarium" (as I already own it. However - there are two ways to entice a second purchase:
1) (Most obviously) - new tracks
2) Include a copy of the game(s) for PC. I know that Neverhood is the only one thae was released for a PC, but still, it's an idea (of course there's that whole messy issue of TenNapel getting a cut of the action...oh well)

That's my two cents worth.

I'm eagerly awaiting news of what will be.
12-21-2003 14:37 jamespop is offline Send an Email to jamespop Search for Posts by jamespop Add jamespop to your Buddy List
Vox Robotica
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpg

Registration Date: 06-19-2003

RE: New Releases... 2004 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Here're my thoughts -

- Jubal's Last Band Recordings (Live material and demos from
the pre-DA period) - Depends on the style of music - if it's the country era DA style, I'll probably pass on it.
- "Daniel Amos" reissueNo - Only because I probably wouldn't spin it enough to justify buying it, but that's just me.
- Previously mentioned "Horrendous Disc Sessions" collectionYes - I'd buy this. I still need to get HD, though.
- The Making of Mr Buechner's Dream DVDThis might be the one DA DVD I actually buy. But what sort of stuff would it include?
- The DA history compilation DVD (1970s-present day) Hmm...Not sure. I'm Iffy on this.
- DA at Cornerstone 2000 DVD (We still need some additional
footage from other cameras, folks...) Personally, I'm not big on Concert Films. Maybe because I don't watch them enough to justify they're purchase.
- Another book set of some kind... ???I like the idea of K&I Bookset. Maybe get permission to add "Don't Cry" to the third disc, and "Flash in Your Eyes" as well.
- Imaginarium reissue... We want to do this in early '04 if
possible anyway.. I'll be one of the first in line to buy it...it'd be neat if you could get the game to package with it, but how easy would that be?
- Mothman soundtrack.... also coming soon.. just waiting
on Doug to finish editing the film. Well, what's he waiting for??? Big Grin

~ Vox

"The systems fail
All the circuits blown
And the message lost in this machine oh

12-22-2003 00:13 Vox Robotica is offline Send an Email to Vox Robotica Homepage of Vox Robotica Search for Posts by Vox Robotica Add Vox Robotica to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Vox Robotica: jeremyszehr YIM Account Name of Vox Robotica: jeremyszehr View the MSN Profile for Vox Robotica
Administrator

RE: New Releases... 2004 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Vox Robotica
Here're my thoughts -

the pre-DA period) - Depends on the style of music - if it's the country era DA style, I'll probably pass on it.

Sort off.... not really as "country" as the first record is (although
some of the songs would be the same) - but sort of folkish,
acoustic stuff.... some electric though.

quote:

- The Making of Mr Buechner's Dream DVDThis might be the one DA DVD I actually buy. But what sort of stuff would it include?

Most of the actual sessions footage is them doing overdubs,
talking, listening to songs being played back, etc.... theres a
couple of funny moments thrown in... theres footage of
the early rehearsals at Ed's... some short interviews... then
there would be some full performance clips of the guys doing
some of the Buechner's stuff in concert for the first time.
We have some of this edited already... we just need to get
our schedule cleared up enough to finish it... which we're
workin on.

quote:

possible anyway.. I'll be one of the first in line to buy it...it'd be neat if you could get the game to package with it, but how easy would that be?

Not really sure... have to ask Doug about that. If Dreamworks/Sony
still owns it, it might be a mess trying to work it out. Unless they
would let Doug do what he wants with it. We might check into that.

j&e

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
12-22-2003 01:31 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
TrashMan TrashMan is a male
Normal Noggin

images/avatars/avatar-252.jpg

Registration Date: 05-17-2003

the pre-DA period)
- "Daniel Amos" reissue
- Previously mentioned "Horrendous Disc Sessions" collection
- The Making of Mr Buechner's Dream DVD
- The DA history compilation DVD (1970s-present day)
footage from other cameras, folks...)
- Another book set of some kind... ???
possible anyway..
on Doug to finish editing the film.

I can tell you that I would be interested in all of the above projects and I would buy all of the above projects. The new ones sound interesting and worthy, and the re-releases are items I don't have that would help further my collection. Please keep us posted...and I know you will! Thanks!
12-22-2003 03:30 TrashMan is offline Send an Email to TrashMan Search for Posts by TrashMan Add TrashMan to your Buddy List Add TrashMan to your Contact List
beatlenut
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The top of my list includes the below 3 items

Daniel Amos: Darn Floor
Swirling Eddies: Let's Spin
Swirling Eddies: Outdoor Elvis

- Previously mentioned "Horrendous Disc Sessions" collection Yes

- The Making of Mr Buechner's Dream - Yes

- The DA history compilation DVD (1970s-present day) Yes

- DA at Cornerstone 2000 DVD YES!
12-22-2003 09:19 beatlenut is offline Send an Email to beatlenut Search for Posts by beatlenut Add beatlenut to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

Funds were tight when the Alarma boxed set came out. Any chance of printing more of those ever? I had a guy at C-Stone try to sell me one with only one disc for $45. Confused

Now that I am in a better financial situation, I'd like to get a copy.

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
12-22-2003 09:25 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
freak freak is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-270.jpg

Registration Date: 11-13-2003

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Hey kids,

the pre-DA period)
- "Daniel Amos" reissue
- Another book set of some kind... ???
possible anyway..

We know many of you would like to see a "Darn Floor" reissue
as well... we'll have to look into that again. Theres also the
box set idea... but that would be too expensive to do very
soon I think.

I am so pumped about what DA is thinking about releasing - this is awesome! I hope that you are able to release a number of these projects... many of them are of great interest...

Jubal's - YES!
REISSUE Self-Titled - PLEASE!!!
Horrendous Disc Sessions - make it two cds and please try to release it with the much heard about never heard 10 songs... that would be so desireable in my estimation and something I would love to see happen FIRST!
Making of MBD DVD - sounds very cool - love it!
History of DA compilation DVD - this also is something I would love to pick up
DA C-Stone 2000 DVD - would purchase

Darn Floor - PLEASE Reissue this!! Maybe if enough people purchase these projects above the Eddies could do there new project and it might free up some $$ to fund a DFBB re-issue - we can hope?!

This stuff sounds great - and I will definitely purchase at least one copy - most likely multiple copies of all the things I have mentioned.

dit, dit, doo

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by freak: 12-22-2003 09:54.

12-22-2003 09:53 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Homepage of freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
Pfiagra
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-137.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2002

High Interest

Some Interest
possible anyway..

Low Interest
the pre-DA period)
- "Daniel Amos" reissue

12-22-2003 13:16 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
Pfiagra
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-137.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2002

In thinking about the DA history compilation DVD, instead of DA: Behind the Music will it be called The Musical Behinds Behind DA?

RE: Confused
Okay so maybe my lame attempt at humor would fit more along the lines of the eddies than DA, but when I heard about the DA history DVD I couldn't help but imagine it following the Behind the Music formula:

Early humble beginnings --> Rising stardom --> Top of the music world --> Some manner of tragedy --> Period of introspection --> Revived career (with the airing of the "documentary" coinciding with a new release)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Pfiagra: 12-23-2003 09:40.

12-22-2003 13:20 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

^ Confused

12-22-2003 13:31 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Originally posted by sprinklerhead
Funds were tight when the Alarma boxed set came out. Any chance of printing more of those ever? I had a guy at C-Stone try to sell me one with only one disc for $45. Confused

Now that I am in a better financial situation, I'd like to get a copy.

amen...

I must look poorer than you...

the guy at C-Stone tried to sell me that one with only one disc for $40.

on a sad note I know the guy who bought it :-( he thought is was all three disc's...

12-22-2003 13:47 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I really like the idea of DVDs (although I listen to CDs much more than watch DVDs.) The Lost Dogs DVD is great, and I also like the extras with the interviews.

An MBD DVD would be right up my alley--I love this album, and I'd love to know more about how it was conceived, made, and other info.

Other DVDs like the C2K concert and a retrospective DVD would be excellent. For the retrospecticve DA DVD, I recommend it be titled "Memory Lane: a Travelog."

If you are looking for a low tech, easy to produce CD, I would recommend a "books on tape"-like CD recording of Terry reading the full story for "When Everyone Wore Hats." I love this bookset and the story. I love hearing Terry read it.

How many demo recordings do you all have? If you have enough demos and rough edits of songs, I think it would be great to put out an album called "Demo." Terry's stripped down versions of songs are excellent.

Overall, I am really happy to see Terry and the boys continuing to put out more work. I know that some of us get impatient (like me) waiting for new stuff to come out, but the reality is I have more Terry, DA, LD, and SE CDs than any other group or singer. Terry Scott Taylor is truely one of the most prolific songwriters and performers of our time. I can't think of any other artist who puts out more consistently good and original work as does TST.

I'm looking forward to new projects and new releases, whether they be older things finding the light or new things. It's all good!

Thanks to those who work hard to keep the music coming.

--aotp
12-23-2003 13:30 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
quote:
Originally posted by Vox Robotica
[QUOTE]

Most of the actual sessions footage is them doing overdubs,
talking, listening to songs being played back, etc.... theres a
couple of funny moments thrown in... theres footage of
the early rehearsals at Ed's... some short interviews... then
there would be some full performance clips of the guys doing
some of the Buechner's stuff in concert for the first time.
We have some of this edited already... we just need to get
our schedule cleared up enough to finish it... which we're
workin on.

That would be really cool.

MBD is my favorite DA CD! Pleased

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 12-23-2003 14:11.

12-23-2003 14:11 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

The following projects would gobble my preorder money:

- Jubal's Last Band Recordings: Yes. This would be fun for a limited run item. I would pay extra for Terry's liner notes on this project.

- Previously mentioned "Horrendous Disc Sessions" collection: I have sent several emails to Larry Norman without a reply. Yes. Yes Scale of 1-10: 10
- The DA history compilation DVD (1970s-present day) Yes. Yes Scale of 1-10: 10
- Another book set of some kind... Make this an ultimate box set . Pictures and stories like the Beatles book. KISSTORY.
- Mothman soundtrack: Since this may never make it to the theaters, I know of a good cult following that would purchase the dvd.

What is the plan for Mothman?

NEW ITEM: TERRY's Children album's: They are really funny.

I have been very willing to participate in the preorders. I still don't have the second disk from the 77s club nor the first disk from the Mike Roe club.

THe Christmas cd from the 77s was excellent. Way way way great. I saw Mike Roe and he commented that the fan feedback wasn't what he thought it would be on that project. Best Christmas cd since Bing.
12-24-2003 21:12 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
Administrator

Yeah, we're still digging ourselves out of the fan club mess...
We've had a bunch of fan club stuff going out before Christmas,
and the rest will go out after Christmas... you should be getting
GP & Roesbud soon.

The fan feedback has been very weird on the fan club releases.
For example, when Guilty Pleasures first started shipping... the
first feedback we got was a guy posting on the Sevens board
listing off everything that he hated about it. We've had a few
positive comments here and there, but mostly its been dead
silence coming back from the fan club stuff.

Thats an odd response to get.

12-25-2003 00:52 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Hey J & E
How tough would it be to make up a limited edition book set(Alarma Chronicles) of say 100 and sell them for $75, and then make up an extra #2 & #3 disc because I WAS THE STUPID SAP THAT BOUGHT THE BOOK WITH ONLY ONE DISC AT CORNERSTONE!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas
Commander
12-25-2003 09:42 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

More recent reissues? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm curious, would it be possible to reissue some stuff from the BAI years with a few extras thrown in?

From listening to everyone on the board it sounds like there's some demand for Kalhoun, Motorcycle, etc., and I don't think they've ever been reissued. They're not OLD old, but NEWER old, so that's really a plus, isn't it? (I know BAI went toe up, I wonder who actually owns those recordings now.)

FYI I completed my collection this year - I have every single DA/SE/TST recording now (courtesy of the DA webstore and eBay), but I'm still missing one CD (live bootleg) and some of the CDs I do have are wearing out. If older recordings are reissued, I'll buy in a second if it's remastered and/or freebies are thrown in, or if my old CD is not in the best condition.

12-25-2003 10:52 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Administrator

The BAI stuff is owned by Ojo Taylor I think, last I heard.
It probably wouldn't be a problem reissuing that stuff, as long
as the demand wa high enough to make it worth the cost.

As for a reissue of teh Alarma Bookset, we thought about that..
we would have to look into it. We actually thought about making a
softcover version for the second printing, but that was just an idea
thrown out. We can talk to Terry about how he would like to see
it done, if we were to do it.

12-25-2003 11:46 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

How about alternative methods of reissue, to avoid all the production costs? For example, pay to download song services like iTunes? Although I'd rather get them with case and artwork, I'd gladly buy DFBB, Let's Spin, and Outdoor Elvis that way. Is hooking up with iTunes feasible (economically, practically, etc)? Or this just the dream of someone who wants to get these 3 albums without paying high prices on ebay?
12-26-2003 22:15 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » New Releases... 2004

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH