Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Perfectly Frank, True Story of Christmas.... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Perfectly Frank, True Story of Christmas....
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

The Perfectly Frank, True Story of Christmas.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

*DR. EDWARD DANIEL TAYLOR PRESENTS...
*THE PERFECTLY FRANK, TRUE STORY OF CHRISTMAS

Starting now, in exchange for your special love offering of $10,
we will send you Dr. Edward Daniel Taylor's brand new, never
before heard Holiday message, "The Perfectly Frank, True Story
of Christmas" on CD. The first 100 preorder.. er, uh... love gifts
will be personally blessed and autographed by Dr. Taylor himself.
If your blessed love gift is meant for a friend, please include the
name of the person or persons who will be receiving these
wonderful treasures. There is no better gift to give to your loved
ones this Holiday season than to make a love offering in their
name. (CDs are expected to begin shipping in early December.).

*DANIEL AMOS : LIVE IN ANAHEIM 1985 DVD UPDATE

The DVDs are fully paid for and are being manufactured at this
moment. We are told that we will have them in hand by the end
of November. If there are any unexpected delays, we will
immediately post a detailed explanation on the store page,
message board and news page. At this point, everything we're
hearing from the manufacturer is good news, so we don't expect
there to be any problems. The DVD clocks in at just under 90
minutes and features performanes of 18 classic DA songs, including
Travelog, Endless Summer, Home Permanent, Mall (All Over
the World), Incredible Shrinking Man, Memory Lane, New Car!,
Youth With A Machine, Real Girls, I Love You #19, Dance Stop,
I Didn't Build It For Me, and Sanctuary!

Both titles are exclusively available from www.DanielAmos.com !
Keep watching the news list and website for more exciting
releases.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-12-2003 17:30 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Cool RE: The Perfectly Frank, True Story of Christmas.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
*DR. EDWARD DANIEL TAYLOR PRESENTS...
*THE PERFECTLY FRANK, TRUE STORY OF CHRISTMAS

Starting now, in exchange for your special love offering of $10,
we will send you Dr. Edward Daniel Taylor's brand new, never
before heard Holiday message, "The Perfectly Frank, True Story
of Christmas" on CD. The first 100 preorder.. er, uh... love gifts
will be personally blessed and autographed by Dr. Taylor himself.
If your blessed love gift is meant for a friend, please include the
name of the person or persons who will be receiving these
wonderful treasures. There is no better gift to give to your loved
ones this Holiday season than to make a love offering in their
name. (CDs are expected to begin shipping in early December.).

DanielAmos.com would like to thank you for your order.

You may now close this window. Pleased

11-12-2003 17:46 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just ordered both as well as the BBQ CD that I had been waiting to get. Tongue Tongue Tongue

11-12-2003 22:28 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Guys, you're killin' me. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's a good thing I don't have a wife because my significant other would probably kill me after I've promised my firstborn to y'all.

Here's something else to set money aside for, I see.

Finally, if the Eddies ever got off their duffs and reformed, adding on Mike Knott as a member, wouldn't it be thrilling if his Eddie Moniker was "Perfectly Frank"?

Fine, I'll go quietly.
DwD
11-12-2003 22:33 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mike would be a cool eddy Tongue

11-12-2003 22:44 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

I used paypal but I didn't see a way to let you know what name to put on the CD.

I guess I should just send an email?????

BD

11-12-2003 23:19 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Administrator

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

Yeah, that'll work. We thought PayPal had a way of
including notes with your order... so, I suppose just
send an email, if its for someone other than the
person making the order.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-12-2003 23:25 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Shocked my WiFe . . . Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

. . . took away my again Frown

BuT,

I still have Pleased

so I ordered a couple of CD's Roll Eyes Wink

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by DaLe: 11-13-2003 08:07.

11-13-2003 08:06 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Frown ^ of course. . . Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

they came in the MaiL today...

NoW I have some explaining to DO Frown

Roll Eyes

Smile )

12-22-2003 18:13 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i played it for a few minutes in the car with my girlfriend and her daughter....
then she said, "honey, can we maybe listen to something else?" Tongue
so, we listened to jewel's Christmas cd... that is very good too. Smile )
maybe i'll get to hear it tonight... maybe.. Smile

12-22-2003 18:15 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Administrator

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

I am getting a little concerned about Dr Edward's mental state as of
late...he's kinda getting all Tilton on us.

Get out your Dr Edward's prayer shammys and lay hands on your TV
sets.....my brothers and sisters...

12-22-2003 22:44 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

that is too scary!

The good Doctor takes his Missionary Position quite seriously you know?! Shocked

12-22-2003 22:52 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Perfectly Frank/SoTH comparison Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There has been quite a discussion on the DADL about Perfectly Frank, much of it unflattering.

I admit, I scratched my head and thought, "I guess the poor quality and sometimes fumbled dialog is part of the whole schtick."

I got a similar feeling when I spun SoTH for the first few times, i.e. why does it sound like Terry can't reach the very vocals he wrote? Even the reviewers were fooled. It took a while for me to understand his point.

So I'm not embarrassed to ask maybe a stupid question:
What's the point of Perfectly Frank and the recording quality? Kind of a cheesy radio preacher feel to it?

01-02-2004 14:57 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

RE: Perfectly Frank/SoTH comparison Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe
There has been quite a discussion on the DADL about Perfectly Frank, much of it unflattering.

I did read most of that...
& I thought the DAmb was was more unsophisticated place Tongue Roll Eyes
it is Tame here, compared to there Evil

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe
I admit, I scratched my head and thought, "I guess the poor quality and sometimes fumbled dialog is part of the whole schtick."

I got a similar feeling when I spun SoTH for the first few times, i.e. why does it sound like Terry can't reach the very vocals he wrote? Even the reviewers were fooled. It took a while for me to understand his point.

So I'm not embarrassed to ask maybe a stupid question:
What's the point of Perfectly Frank and the recording quality? Kind of a cheesy radio preacher feel to it?

my feelings / opinion ( to be Perfectly Frank ) after listening to the CD.

was, that I had just participated in what I had just heard...

I also thought it was Very Funny some classic lines, etc...
an excellent spoof over all.

I do think that some sound clips Before buying would help greatly:

1) a few 20-30 sec. clips of the more funny lines would probably get more people to buy it.

2) the whole pre-order / try before you buy / what am I getting for $10 ?
... conversation would be none existent.

3) more people would be more happy campers.

4) less people would be wearing thier pampers.

01-05-2004 14:30 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

RE: The Perfectly Frank, True Story of Christmas.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The disk arrived today and after listening to the first few minutes I get the joke and I'll keep listening and keep buying too...

01-12-2004 20:20 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Perfectly Frank, True Story of Christmas....

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH