Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » What would you like to see Taylor do? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What would you like to see Taylor do? 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Amen!

Another DA album would be best...

No more Eddies...they're dead, methinks...Crying

11-05-2003 11:53 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I hate when I'm the last on a page, so...

A concept album like Motorcycle or Songs of the Heart about spacemen and comets and rockets and wookies.

or about Church hipocrisy, or about family life, or the loss of a loved one, or growing old with your spouse, or the loss of innocence, or the end times, or expressing the greatness of God, or...

Aw, you get the idea.

August 2005
11-05-2003 11:55 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Yeah, DA & LD Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Daniel
Every DA recording is unique and seems to go a different direction than most of us anticipate. Think about it. Look at the changes starting at SA. Followups were notably different. Every single one for the next 20+ years. The most stark (and pleasantly surprising) for me is MBD. I still spin it often. Was MBD meant to be the swan song? I hope not.

"Does anybody know precisely just where the wild wind blows?"

Dogs
I think the last two recordings were understated and a bit too somber at times for my liking. There's a time and place for that, but in addition to the introspective aspect, music should get the blood pumping with catchy hooks and just plain volume at times.

I hope the Dogs really let loose next time, maybe more in the vein of the blues-y 77's. Show us they can still rock!

How 'bout it, Dr. Love?

11-05-2003 11:57 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

RE: Yeah, DA & LD Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe
Daniel
Every DA recording is unique and seems to go a different direction than most of us anticipate. Think about it. Look at the changes starting at SA. Followups were notably different. Every single one for the next 20+ years. The most stark (and pleasantly surprising) for me is MBD. I still spin it often. Was MBD meant to be the swan song? I hope not.

"Does anybody know precisely just where the wild wind blows?"

Dogs
I think the last two recordings were understated and a bit too somber at times for my liking. There's a time and place for that, but in addition to the introspective aspect, music should get the blood pumping with catchy hooks and just plain volume at times.

I hope the Dogs really let loose next time, maybe more in the vein of the blues-y 77's. Show us they can still rock!

How 'bout it, Dr. Love?

Well said!

11-05-2003 18:53 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

I think it would be cool for DA to do in DA style a bunch of Hymns.

Maybe intersperse them with original songs too.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Captain Pedantic: 11-05-2003 19:20.

11-05-2003 19:19 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

I love Terry's music. I think that he is stretched creatively by his Daniel Amos bandmates. MBD should have won every award/ Grammy/ Dove etc that is available. It is the most amazing album I have purchased in the new millenium. Wilco pales and yet is praised. Mad

I love the Dogs/ I really miss Gene though. THe dvd is a must own.

I love Terry with the Eddies. Zoom Daddy is my favorite cd of the 90s. It scores just above the Pray Naked and Drowning with Land in Sight from the 77s and they score just above Nirvana's MTV performance.
11-05-2003 21:39 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
Normal As The Next Guy
Dignified Lazar

Registration Date: 02-18-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by Normal As The Next Guy
RE: Already did Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe
Terry already did the Randy thing not too long ago with Uncle Stonehill's Hat. Too bad he wasn't involved in Randy's latest work.

You want to talk about quality work? How about a followup to Wonderama?

Well, I was going to menton that; but Hat is a kids ablum, and Wonderama he didn't write all the songs with Randy, although he did write a lot. It would be nice to hear them playing and singing togther more. Taylor helped out a lot with Equator too. When they team up, great things happen; that's why I want to see more of it. Smile
11-06-2003 01:19 Normal As The Next Guy is offline Send an Email to Normal As The Next Guy Search for Posts by Normal As The Next Guy Add Normal As The Next Guy to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This thread is great! Now, how do we get Terry to find the time and energy to do everything you guys have mentioned? They are all great ideas!

No, wait. I couldn't possibly afford to buy them all and then what do I do? Terry needs to take a 5 year sabbatical so I can catch up on what I'm already missing!

11-06-2003 08:03 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Mad Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You have shared countless bad ideas here, pip, but that is the WORST!
11-06-2003 09:35 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Normal As The Next Guy
Dignified Lazar

"Pip"? Now he's working for Gladys Knight?
11-06-2003 09:55 Normal As The Next Guy is offline Send an Email to Normal As The Next Guy Search for Posts by Normal As The Next Guy Add Normal As The Next Guy to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Tyler Durden
I love Terry's music. I think that he is stretched creatively by his Daniel Amos bandmates. MBD should have won every award/ Grammy/ Dove etc that is available. It is the most amazing album I have purchased in the new millenium. Wilco pales and yet is praised. Mad

MBD is great, but Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is great as well!Pleased

11-06-2003 13:21 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
PuP

Frown Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Normal As The Next Guy
"Pip"? Now he's working for Gladys Knight?

She's solo now, so I have plenty of time to post here. Frown

11-06-2003 14:33 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:
Originally posted by Tyler Durden

MBD is great, but Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is great as well!Pleased

yep, i can see the influence.... those wilco boys must have played MBD round the clock.........

Roll Eyes

well, if they had ever heard of Da, i'm sure they would have..... Cool

11-06-2003 15:14 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

SPANDEX!!!

August 2005
11-06-2003 15:17 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
PuP

Well, I guess if he could get the girls to dance, they'd follow him all the way to heaven!

11-06-2003 15:38 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
HEMISPHERICALHEADS HEMISPHERICALHEADS is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-07-2003

To just continue with the work he's been doing since the 70's....Very simple...

It would be cool to have a 77's/Daniel Amos American Tour......That would be real cool.... Big Grin
11-06-2003 15:55 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
Ed Ed is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 07-01-2003

Lamp Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

^might just be on to something!

11-06-2003 22:53 Ed is offline Send an Email to Ed Search for Posts by Ed Add Ed to your Buddy List
Normal As The Next Guy
Dignified Lazar

I'd like to see Terry try to gargle his ABCs and cluck like a chicken at the same time. He's got a good start with his "Gargling Drummer" piece on Neverhood Songs.
11-06-2003 23:55 Normal As The Next Guy is offline Send an Email to Normal As The Next Guy Search for Posts by Normal As The Next Guy Add Normal As The Next Guy to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

The upside for that one is not one would even notice when he goofed up the words! Tongue Wink

11-07-2003 07:50 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Attention Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

stolen from dennis on the When Terry plays solo: thread

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
I would like to see him bring the rest of DA with him and skip the solo part.

...well, that will not happen.

but, since Terry seems to be the only Full TiMe member of DA...

maybe, Terry should get a Touring DA band together?
some young punk rockers that can play anything well, don't mind living out of a VaN for weeks at a time, can drive all night long to get to the next GiG. & do a DA tour like that.
or just have the GloryHounds Cool back him up...

11-07-2003 08:57 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » What would you like to see Taylor do?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH