Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » New release feedback » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New release feedback 4 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
fartinaction fartinaction is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 10-22-2003

RE: New release feedback Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ok, finally registered to this DAMB list in order to give my feedback on this but I'm not gonna leave the DADL-- so pffftthfffthth!!!

Ya, I'd prepay in a minute. Gladly give some extra if needed.
Name in the credits would be nifty too.

An extra jug of Mike and Terry's special BBQ sauce for early birds you say, well yea, I'd love one. I smeared some of the first bottle on my cat to test it first.
After the screaming and mewing stopped she seemed all right so I smeared the rest on myself. Mmmm. Now my girlfriend wants some too and she's kinda big so it may take two bottles.

10-23-2003 00:05 fartinaction is offline Send an Email to fartinaction Search for Posts by fartinaction Add fartinaction to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

for fartinaction Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

pffftthfffthth!!! Tongue

10-23-2003 08:23 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
bret bret is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 08-08-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Count me in!!!

Stylin' in my buddy's '34 Ford Roadster
10-23-2003 10:39 bret is offline Send an Email to bret Homepage of bret Search for Posts by bret Add bret to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of bret: forty dlux
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

RE: New release feedback Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by fartinaction
ok, finally registered to this DAMB list in order to give my feedback on this but I'm not gonna leave the DADL-- so pffftthfffthth!!!

Ya, I'd prepay in a minute. Gladly give some extra if needed.
Name in the credits would be nifty too.

An extra jug of Mike and Terry's special BBQ sauce for early birds you say, well yea, I'd love one. I smeared some of the first bottle on my cat to test it first.
After the screaming and mewing stopped she seemed all right so I smeared the rest on myself. Mmmm. Now my girlfriend wants some too and she's kinda big so it may take two bottles.

I can’t get no fartinaction
I can’t get no fartinaction’cause I try and I try and I try and I try
I can’t get no, I can’t get no

When I’m drivin’ in my car
And that man comes on the radio
He’s tellin’ me more and more
About some useless information
Supposed to fire my imagination
I can’t get no, oh no no no
Hey hey hey, that’s what I say

When I’m watchin’ my tv
And that man comes on to tell me
How white my shirts can be
But he can’t be a man ’cause he doesn’t smoke
The same cigarrettes as me

I can’t get no girl reaction
’cause I try and I try and I try and I try

When I’m ridin’ round the world
And I’m doin’ this and I’m signing that
And I’m tryin’ to make some girl
Who tells me baby better come back later next week
’cause you see I’m on losing streak

No fartinaction, no fartinaction, no fartinaction

Tongue

10-23-2003 11:23 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Take two and see me in the morning.

10-23-2003 11:51 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Prodigal Dog
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 05-17-2002
Location: Dude, be straight, be true. What is shakin' and bakin'? - Jish from the Blair Thumb

I'd be interested in preordering once the details are determined.
10-23-2003 12:50 Prodigal Dog is offline Search for Posts by Prodigal Dog Add Prodigal Dog to your Buddy List
voxrob
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 09-02-2003

Pre-orders Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

A problem with vanity credits on the film is that it delays the final finishing of the film so that all the names can be included. It doesn't make any difference if my name is on it at all.

Pre-orders are fine, just learn from past history:
-- HD CD: When the announcement came out for this, I thought that it was really a pre-order -- not a way of funding the manufacturing. If LN had said that to begin with, that's fine, just let me know.

-- Hodge-podge or whatever: The mistake here was saying the release was going to be on "the 29th day of September, in the year of our Lord two thousand and one" (or whatever) -- that sounded real definite.

-- Preachers from Outer Space: This was delayed because of mastering problems and I appreciated hearing from Tom about what was happening -- it was alot better than hearing nothing.

MBD went real well, I think. Folks were told up front what was happening and a really good album resulted. Naturally, for a video production, the track listing, venue, etc. can be given at the pre-order announcement. Don't be over-aggressive with the release date -- give the best WAG you can at the time.

Frankly, I'm surprised this issue hasn't cropped up before in relation to historical releases (not re-releases, older stuff never released) -- or even the sometimes talked about box set. A sense of the pre-orders would give you folks an idea of the demand for a particular item rather than put together a CD and find out folks aren't that interested. Of course, I'm not sure what the expectation was for MBD -- so maybe the pre-order thing was kind of disappointing. Just depends on what people were expecting.
10-23-2003 16:19 voxrob is offline Send an Email to voxrob Search for Posts by voxrob Add voxrob to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori
RE: Pre-orders Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by voxrob
A problem with vanity credits on the film is that it delays the final finishing of the film so that all the names can be included. It doesn't make any difference if my name is on it at all.

Yeah, I was thinking about this... but - basically all we have to do is type
in the names. And, we have to wait a certain amount of time for the
money to come in anyway... so what we could do is say if it takes
150 preorders to have enough money to manufacture the DVD, we could
say that the first 150 people will get their names in the credits. This
might be disappointing to anyone that doesn't make the first 150 though.

Any other feedback on this idea?

quote:

Pre-orders are fine, just learn from past history:

-- Hodge-podge or whatever: The mistake here was saying the release was going to be on "the 29th day of September, in the year of our Lord two thousand and one" (or whatever) -- that sounded real definite.

With Hodgepodge, I know we held it a little bit so that we could
add those additional songs. We did our best to keep the News
page updated with this info. That release did ship in 2002, just
a couple of months late and I really think its a better disc with the
additional songs than it would be without them.

It seems like a few people would have prefered it shipped on time
at the expense of the additional material... which is weird.
Basically, when it was announced - all of the material was being
shipped to us.. we mistakenly thought that there was more to
the "Starter Set" demos. I had always heard that it was an EP -
like 6 songs or so. Then when we got it, it was only 2 songs. So,
thats when we asked Doug TenNapel for the Neverhood stuff. He
was moving at the time and couldn't get it to us real fast, but
I think the overall release would have been pretty weak without it.

With Prickly Heat - we honestly didn't know what was going on
for most of the wait. I know there were artwork issues early
on, but beyond that, we were in the dark as much almost as you
guys were. Then, the manufacturer failed to ship us the correct
number of discs... I don't know what that was about either. We kept
the news page updated any time we received an update.

quote:

MBD went real well, I think. Folks were told up front what was happening and a really good album resulted.

Even though it went fairly well with only a few minor problems or
delays - there were still a few people that were extremely angry
about the way it went.

After some of the preorder messes of the past, we've been nervous
every time someone wanted to do it again... and it seems like every
time its been done, something went wrong. If we do it again for
the DVD, we want to make sure all of the pieces are in place before
we even take a single preorder.

Personally, I think thats the main problem we've had with preorders
in the past.... trusting that too many different factors would fall into
place in the appropriate time. We all should know better. With every
CD release, a million things can go wrong and they usually do. And I
agree on the release dates... there should have never been firm
release dates given in advance of the releases going to the manufacturer.
Even then, the date should have been later than what we expected just
to cover any manufacturing delays. I remember reading that Hodgepodge
/ Prickly Heat announcement before it went out and getting a little
worried.

Good feedback so far... keep it comings guys. I think we're all pretty
much on the same page with this stuff.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-23-2003 17:01 audiori is online Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

RE: Pre-orders Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
quote:
Originally posted by voxrob

Yeah, I was thinking about this... but - basically all we have to do is type
in the names. And, we have to wait a certain amount of time for the
money to come in anyway... so what we could do is say if it takes
150 preorders to have enough money to manufacture the DVD, we could
say that the first 150 people will get their names in the credits. This
might be disappointing to anyone that doesn't make the first 150 though.

Any other feedback on this idea?

You don't have to have the names on the video itself do you? Maybe just an insert or something with all the names.

BD

10-23-2003 20:10 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

My thoughts exactly! Cool

10-23-2003 20:15 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

The insert would likely take as much time to print as names on the DVD credits.

If you did the credits thing (insert or otherwise) I would suggest having an absolute total cut off point (Dollar or Date) so that those who got in first know why/how long they are waiting...

After that point you can say we have all names it will take at least [insert how long] to get the names done.

Now even though I voted - "put my name in the credits" my vote really should be

[X] Where is the URL to give my credit card details now?

Especally with the current exchange rate - hoowee its good...

10-23-2003 20:35 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Yup. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'd support such an endeavor for a very self-serving reason. I love the Dogs and all, and the boys are sincerely clear on the logic of persuing the avenues they presently do--however, I reeeeaally miss DA. I wish DA were putting out more fresh stuff. C-Stone 2002 was FABULOUS for a Vox-Humana fan like myself.

All that said, I'll take what DA I can get my hands on. Sounds great, Audiori guys! Wink
10-24-2003 00:29 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

all da, all da time! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

more da!

i'll fork over my cash. Big Grin

10-24-2003 01:28 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Normal Noggin

knew there was a tune in there somewhere,
or how 'bout in the words of 'ole Todd Rundgren:

You got your tail in the air
your head in the ground
money money money makes your world go round
but you can't stop it

You can't stop, you cant stop, you can't stop,
can't stop FARTINACTION
FARTINACTION
can't stop FARTINACTION
FAROOAROOARTINACTON
can't stop FAROOAROOARTINACTON
you can't stop

10-24-2003 15:55 fartinaction is offline Send an Email to fartinaction Search for Posts by fartinaction Add fartinaction to your Buddy List
Normal Noggin

RE: for fartinaction Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

pffftthfffthth!!! Tongue [/quote]

I'll see your pffftthfffthth!!!
and raise you a left behind

10-24-2003 15:58 fartinaction is offline Send an Email to fartinaction Search for Posts by fartinaction Add fartinaction to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

fartinaction, don't get caught up in all this damb nonsense! Frown

you might find you like it here. Tongue

10-24-2003 16:00 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I'm ready to pre-order. It sounds good to me.

10-24-2003 16:23 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

RE: for fartinaction Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by fartinaction
pffftthfffthth!!! Tongue

I'll see your pffftthfffthth!!!
and raise you a left behind

LOL

10-24-2003 16:24 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
I'm ready to pre-order. It sounds good to me.

me too, do not forget to get the Paypal stuff setup for this... Wink

10-24-2003 16:26 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
navfox navfox is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

images/avatars/avatar-448.gif

Registration Date: 06-17-2002

Cool RE: New release feedback Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I would order, do what ever I could to support the band. But, how about donations to support the DA ministry? Shocked
10-24-2003 21:24 navfox is offline Send an Email to navfox Homepage of navfox Search for Posts by navfox Add navfox to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for navfox
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » New release feedback

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH