Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Chronological » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Chronological 2 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

Chronological Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm going through the DA canon chronologically.

I listened to Daniel Amos yesterday and today I'm on Shotgun Angel.

I suppose I'm going to have to listen to Revelation - I don't enjoy it too much - I don't argree with Chuck's eschtology. - and it gets in the way of the music.

But here is the question(s)

Should Revelation be played after Shotgun Angel or just before Fearful Symmetry (when it was released)

And for the live albums - should I put them in the year they were recorded or the year they were released?

My mind it hurts!!!

If we had the poll feature going we could use that - but inthe meantime what is your opinion?

08-19-2003 20:50 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

my opinion is that we need the poll feature

08-19-2003 21:09 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I must defer to Big Dork, he has seniority! Red Face

~Groucho~
08-19-2003 21:22 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

and much more experience

08-19-2003 22:06 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Official Impasto

Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

Thread Starter Thread Started by Captain Pedantic

It's true you know....

Squidzit
Level: 25
Experience: 98,671
Next Level: 100,000

Big Dork
Level: 38
Experience: 1,280,885
Next Level: 1,460,206

08-19-2003 22:15 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Official Impasto

Once the polls are up and running (how'd that for naming and claiming?) there is a game I'd like to do.

It's survivor for each album - we have a week to vote on an album which song we want voted off. Then the next week we vote on the remaining songs.

Rinse and repeat until one song left.

At the same time you are voting on the other albums too and then you vote on the winners until you have the SURVIVOR!!!

Wouldn't it be ironic if the winner was She's working here?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Captain Pedantic: 08-19-2003 22:24.

08-19-2003 22:23 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

Smile ) Pleased

08-19-2003 22:23 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
and much more experience

You are truly the master poster! Teach me. Red Face

~Groucho~
08-19-2003 22:35 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Pedantic
It's true you know....

Squidzit
Level: 25
Experience: 98,671
Next Level: 100,000

UPDATE! Big Grin

Level: 26
Experience: 100,057
Next Level: 125,609

~Groucho~
08-19-2003 22:46 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Squidzit
quote:
and much more experience

do you think you are post worthy?

08-19-2003 22:52 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

fer me Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just be glad I can type.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
08-19-2003 22:54 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Squidzit
quote:
and much more experience

do you think you are post worthy?

YES! Red Face

And if you don't teach me, I'll go POSTAL!! Mad

~Groucho~
08-19-2003 22:55 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

RE: fer me Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
I just be glad I can type.

Hi jiMiny!

Smile )

08-19-2003 22:56 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Lamp RE: Chronological Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
I'm going through the DA canon chronologically.

I listened to Daniel Amos yesterday and today I'm on Shotgun Angel.

I suppose I'm going to have to listen to Revelation - I don't enjoy it too much - I don't argree with Chuck's eschtology. - and it gets in the way of the music.

Should Revelation be played after Shotgun Angel or just before Fearful Symmetry (when it was released)

And for the live albums - should I put them in the year they were recorded or the year they were released?

My mind it hurts!!!

If we had the poll feature going we could use that - but inthe meantime what is your opinion?

my answer is who really cares??? Confused
i know i don't... Tongue

08-19-2003 23:54 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

i also defer to Sir dork and big Bedevere.
08-20-2003 02:15 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Official Impasto

RE: Chronological Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
[
my answer is who really cares??? Confused
i know i don't... Tongue

Tongue Yeah but I'm Captain Pedantic and therefore I need to know!!!!

08-20-2003 03:08 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Play them in the order they were released.

08-20-2003 07:54 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Based on Squid's precedent and this:

Level: 41 [?]
Experience: 2,366,032
Next Level: 2,530,022

I agree with Mark! Cool

(Plus, he happens to be right in this particular case!)

08-20-2003 08:12 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

RE: Chronological Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

Given Chuck's truly odd intonations, I've always thought it should be played right after Cheap Trick at Budokan.... "I -- want -- YOOOOOOOOOUU -- to -- want ---------------------------- JEEEEEEEEEEE-SUS...."

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
08-20-2003 08:13 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Play Rev. after FS, to give you a break, and edit out the crap! Red Face Tongue Cool

08-20-2003 08:53 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Chronological

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH