Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Number Nineteen » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Number Nineteen
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yup! Pleased

06-13-2003 13:38 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
That the front of FS was a bit by accident.
A photographer was shooting the idea for the cover in an old, very hot and stuffy church- the window seen on the left-
and that the cowering man in the phioto is actually that photographer, trying to "get out of the way" as the picture series was beginning to click.
The MN DAMB Chapter heard this first hand...
so I would assume it's real.
rather cool - I think.............
jiMinY cricKet

I have to say that I am skeptical of this story...

the way the naked guy is covering his head doesn't look like the guy is just trying to get out of the shot...

yep and urban legend is what I think it is. Roll Eyes
06-13-2003 13:45 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

anybody ever ask tim about it?

06-13-2003 13:51 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by BD
quote:
A photographer was shooting the idea for the cover in an old, very hot and stuffy church- the window seen on the left-
and that the cowering man in the phioto is actually that photographer, trying to "get out of the way" as the picture series was beginning to click.
jiMinY cricKet

the way the naked guy is covering his head doesn't look like the guy is just trying to get out of the shot...

Tony Shore is a good source I would think. Hell, he is even mentioned in a DA song!

Also Ed McTaggart is the one who told Tony the story.
So there! Tongue

06-13-2003 13:56 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Soul Kissin
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:
Originally posted by BD
quote:
jiMinY cricKet

Tony Shore is a good source I would think. Hell, he is even mentioned in a DA song!

Also Ed McTaggart is the one who told Tony the story.
So there! Tongue

But why would a guy be naked in church?
06-13-2003 14:01
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

still why would you take your shirt off in a church? Even if it is hot and stuffy. someone ask tim or hell we can ask Terry at the BBQ.......I believe I'm going jiminy! Minnesota here I come!

06-13-2003 14:01 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Ubique Epoque

it was hot and stuffy, on a Saturday.

He showed Ed a few pictures and Ed said, "Is that all you got?" and the guy said, "here are a few mistake pictures" and the cover shot was in the mistake pile and Ed asked "Do you mind if we use this one?" and the guy said, "no, I don't care."

06-13-2003 14:05 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:

He showed Ed a few pictures and Ed said, "Is that all you got?" and the guy said, "here are a few mistake pictures" and the cover shot was in the mistake pile and Ed asked "Do you mind if we use this one?" and the guy said, "no, I don't care."

you are correct sir... I e-mailed you a few min. ago....

06-13-2003 14:08 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

POINT TO CONSIDER-
the pic is "doctored"- it shows the river etc..
I don't know if the guy was as buff as the pic shows- perhaps he had a tshirt on....
but I believe the essence of the tail- at this point.
as in
"thats my story and I'm stickin to it."

D8-
I got a note on the BBQ-
I'm there dude!

a real live bogger, ...
er I mean Burger bash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jiminY

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
06-13-2003 14:09 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe uReViG
quote:

you are correct sir... I e-mailed you a few min. ago....

thank you for your support! Cool

I replied to your email! Smile )

06-13-2003 14:17 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Minnesota here I come!

Kick ass! Pleased

06-13-2003 14:51 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
cadabr
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 06-03-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by cadabr

Have fun,
Post often,
Return frequently...........

and, if you're brave, check out the "off topic" side.........

Thanks for the welcome and to the Captain for the insight.

Why should one be brave to venture into the OT zone? I read that somewhere else on this board. What gives?

06-13-2003 21:59 cadabr is offline Send an Email to cadabr Search for Posts by cadabr Add cadabr to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

quote:
Originally posted by cadabr

Why should one be brave to venture into the OT zone? I read that somewhere else on this board. What gives?

Don't ask!

Shocked
06-13-2003 23:50 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Shocked

06-14-2003 00:04 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Just do what I did. Jump in head first.

06-14-2003 00:24 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
littlejon
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 06-14-2003

Are you sure?
06-14-2003 00:27 littlejon is offline Send an Email to littlejon Search for Posts by littlejon Add littlejon to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

It's a little wet and there are some rocks at the bottom but you should be fine.

06-14-2003 00:29 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
cadabr
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 06-03-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by cadabr

quote:
Originally posted by littlejon
Are you sure?

Big Chuck says, "Yes!"

Big Grin
06-14-2003 00:30 cadabr is offline Send an Email to cadabr Search for Posts by cadabr Add cadabr to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Oh, and watch out for the bully's who will try to drown you.

06-14-2003 00:30 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Number Nineteen

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH