Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Complain » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Complain
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Complain Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am preaching a series at church called Walk the Line: Dealing With Life . This last Sunday the topic was Complain: So Much Easier . I used Tim Chandler's story that he shared with us a couple of years ago concerning his experience with a ticket & NW Airlines. I closed the service by playing With the .Tired Eyes of Faith. I had photos up of Tim & Terry during these times. A lady came up all excited after the service and said, "Pastor, I probably am the only one, other than you, that knows of Daniel Amos. I saw them in concert MANY years ago at Knott's Berry Farm." She had no idea that DA was still around. She just knew she loved them back then (I am guessing this lady is in her late 40's). I just thought that you all might like to hear this story.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Lost Canine: 03-30-2006 15:25.

03-30-2006 15:24 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Good story. Thanks for sharing. I never run into people who know who Daniel Amos is. Crying

Your title is from a King's X song. Cool

03-30-2006 15:32 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

Thread Starter Thread Started by Lost Canine
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Your title is from a King's X song. Cool "

Yes, I have taken the series title from the movie of course, and tried to build the sermon titles from movies or music.

This Sunday the topic is on "depression" and the title is Dealing with the Moody Blues.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Lost Canine: 03-30-2006 15:36.

03-30-2006 15:34 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Strange Animal
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2002

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

are you still in hawaii, monty?
now i have a really good excuse to come visit your church! Big Grin

bobd

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Strange Animal: 03-30-2006 16:44.

03-30-2006 16:43 Strange Animal is offline Search for Posts by Strange Animal Add Strange Animal to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Strange Animal

Yep, the Big Island, Kailua-Kona!

03-30-2006 18:10 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Strange Animal
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2002

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Lost Canine
quote:
Originally posted by Strange Animal

Yep, the Big Island, Kailua-Kona!

cool! Cool

bobd

03-30-2006 18:25 Strange Animal is offline Search for Posts by Strange Animal Add Strange Animal to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

RE: Complain Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Lost Canine
I am preaching a series at church called Walk the Line: Dealing With Life . This last Sunday the topic was Complain: So Much Easier . I used Tim Chandler's story that he shared with us a couple of years ago concerning his experience with a ticket & NW Airlines. I closed the service by playing With the .Tired Eyes of Faith. I had photos up of Tim & Terry during these times. A lady came up all excited after the service and said, "Pastor, I probably am the only one, other than you, that knows of Daniel Amos. I saw them in concert MANY years ago at Knott's Berry Farm." She had no idea that DA was still around. She just knew she loved them back then (I am guessing this lady is in her late 40's). I just thought that you all might like to hear this story.

Cool

Last July, MF and I hosted a Lost Dogs concert when we were still in Asheville. We invited our church. One young lady was driving home from Florida that day and drove straight to the concert before she went home. She bought a ton of product for her Dad because she said he was an old DA fan who didn't even know Terry was still around. She told her Dad about the concert and that the Dogs were made up of Mike Roe, Derri Daugherty and Terry Taylor. He told her she had to make it back in time for the concert because she had to see Terry Taylor. Other than that one young lady, I've never met anyone who has any clue who any of these guys are, unfortunately. Crying

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
03-30-2006 22:53 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

thats why things like Cornerstone give you a such a boost .
IN that crowded tent one neat fellow about 60 leans toward me during their warm up and says:

"we got our Own Traveling Wilburys show tonight."

Hey Monty- do you listen to Wikki Tikki much ?

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
03-31-2006 07:24 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

While I was working for a short time at a coffe shop in Stillwater some guy came in wearing a Motorcycle T-shirt. A)I didn't know they made one B)To find anyone in Stillwater whoeven knew who DA was is incredible

One other time....I used to contact Ed McTaggart when he worked at Frontline to chat about Music and Baseball, and he told me"Hey, I've got someone working here who is originally from Minnesota, I'll put him on", well it was Dr. Tony Shore. So., then Tony tells me there's a guy who lives in Stillwater who is a huge DA fan, and I thought WHAT?!?!? So, he puts me in touch with this guy and lo and behold not only does he live within walking distance of my house, he used to date our neighbors daughter!!! It's A Small World After All!

And finally, when DA released their Worlds Greatest Hits Of The Century In This Galaxy (or whatever it was called) on KMG I couldn't find it in stores anywhere (keep in mind this within a few days of being released) So being the detective that I am I called KMG and talked to a gal there who said she thought it was odd that the stores didn't have it, and that the person in charge was out of the country. Anyway I told her that "while I have you on the phone, I lost track of Tony Shore, would you happen to know where I can get in touch with him?" She said sure here's his number.....(are you ready?) it was 651-XXX- XXXX. I thought hmmm thats weird, that sounds like a Stillwater number, so I called and Tony answered, and I asked him"Where are you?" Here he just moved to Stillwater about a week prior to me calling, and before I could say anything else he said, "Hey I've got the new DA cd for ya" God Is So Good.
03-31-2006 07:30 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

THE DEGREES OF SEPARATION GATHER IN....
I got converts here in Duluth/Superior area..and did meet a pastor who had a copy of and still loved SA..but knew nothing of the band since then. He loved that tune (it used to be on the CCM Radio back when) and bought the LP. He had updated to the CD also

but I am at LEAST within a long spit from some of the very cool DA fans from the Best Chapter out there

MIDWEST DA people..RULE!

03-31-2006 09:58 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

CooL stories Cool

03-31-2006 10:52 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

How about another Fellowship Of The DAmb Party?
03-31-2006 11:02 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Cool stories.

Hey, LK-9 I hear now that the sewage is getting dumped and drifting into the beaches in addition to the dam breaks. What are you doing over there? Tongue Big Grin

At least in our last city heavy flooding brought on by a hurricane just washed out 2 water mains, which was a cleaner break. Big Grin

==================

Sewage spill threatens Hawaii's famous beaches
'What we feared has happened'

Thursday, March 30, 2006; Posted: 1:20 p.m. EST (18:20 GMT)

HONOLULU, Hawaii (AP) -- Warning signs to keep out of the water were posted Wednesday along part of Waikiki's world-famous beaches because of high bacteria levels from a massive sewage spill.

Ocean currents shifted toward Oahu's south shore beaches, carrying millions of gallons of raw sewage that was diverted into a canal from a broken pipe and into the ocean.

"What we feared has happened. The bacteria has kind of spread through areas of Waikiki," state Health Department spokesman Kurt Tsue said.

Environmentalists and residents fear long-term damage to the fragile coral reef and other marine life in the area.

"This is absolutely disgusting that here at the doorstep of our economic engine we have untreated sewage on the beaches. This should have never happened," said Jeff Mikulina, director of the Sierra Club, which filed a lawsuit in 2004 alleging deficiencies in the city's wastewater system.

The normally packed beaches remained open but were mostly empty. Rainy weather kept many tourists away, and those on the beach were greeted by signs that warned against swimming or fishing, saying, "Sewage contaminated water. Exposure to water may cause illness."

The city was monitoring the water in a several-mile stretch from Diamond Head to near downtown Honolulu. Bacteria levels near the beaches were not at threatening levels, but enough to put out a warning, Tsue said.

The city was trying to determine how much untreated sewage has been diverted into the canal, which empties into the ocean between two of Hawaii's most famous beach areas -- Waikiki and Ala Moana.

It could exceed 50 million gallons, considering an average 15 million gallons of wastewater a day flows out of Waikiki.

The city has been using pumps around the clock since the sewer line broke early Friday. Repairs on the 42-inch sewer main were completed Wednesday and the diversion into the canal was finally stopped.

The pipe, installed in 1964, cracked after heavy rain flooded the aging sewer system.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
03-31-2006 11:05 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Commander Cote

if you plan it we will come Smile

03-31-2006 11:07 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

cool stories. Cool
03-31-2006 12:30 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Hey, LK-9 I hear now that the sewage is getting dumped and drifting into the beaches in addition to the dam breaks. What are you doing over there? Tongue

Well, it has been mainly on Oahu and Kauai. We have had a lot of rain on the BI, but not the flooding, sewage, dam breaks, etc. It has been bad on the other ones though.

quote:
Hey Monty- do you listen to Wikki Tikki much ?

JC-Sorry, no.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Lost Canine: 03-31-2006 13:19.

03-31-2006 13:18 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

quote:

i'm in!!!!!!!

Cool Big Grin Cool Big Grin Cool Big Grin Cool Big Grin

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

03-31-2006 14:58 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Ceremonial Kernel

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Lur King
quote:

if you plan it we will come Smile

did you plan it YeT ?

05-31-2006 11:36 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

i hear distant drums in the distance
(like- where else could they be, dood!?)

waiting for an interpretive answer..........

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jiminy: 05-31-2006 12:12.

05-31-2006 12:11 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

I've run into several Daniel Amos fans on this message board. That's all I'm sayin'

And Derri should cut his hair.

05-31-2006 14:03 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Complain

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH