Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Crazy Fan Letter » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Crazy Fan Letter 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yup. I like Jerry - he's cute as a button.

03-27-2006 12:31 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just listened to the mp3 (Thanks BD) and was slightly incensed at the arrogance of the guy.

As such I have decided tomorrow to go get my BibleLand CD, listen to it and enjoy it greatly.

All those in favour of calling Wednesday the 28th of March BibleLand Appreciation Day say "Bakersfield" all those against say "Jesus is Jehovah to me"

Motion carried

03-27-2006 15:17 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

I was just listening to "Bibleland" today in the car on the way back to school from spring break. Cool
03-27-2006 15:40 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Motorcycle and Bibleland show how DA could do a great "production" album and also just a great hard rocking album! Pleased

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
03-27-2006 15:42 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Yeah I liked Bibleland, part of the issue I think is for a long time Daniel Amos set the bar so high. Its hard to keep topping yourself forever. Especially in people's minds if they really like a certain album. If your favorite is Darn Floor, then anything after it might be seen as a let down if it doesn't reach as high as your favorite in your mind. But its a matter of perception. I like each DA album for a different reason, if I am in a sad mood I like K&I, or maybe Doppelganger. If I am in an upbeat mood maybe Vox Humana or Darn Flor, in a rock mood and its Bibleland.. it would be boring if they did the same thing over and over.

03-27-2006 15:49 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Top 5 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

1) Darn Floor
2) FS
3) MBD
4) BibleLand
5) WEWH

03-27-2006 15:59 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

I will tote Bibleland to work on Wed- good idea..

I will confess that I never heard of the "Bakersfield sound" title given to Buck and others- its interesting. Guess it rings a dim bell- but I see it more clearly now.
have a bunch of Hee Haw Gospel Quartet (basically Roy and Buck) on cue for tomorrow- he deserves a day of recognition.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
03-27-2006 21:59 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

I don't have enough DA to really rate the albums, but Bibleland is my favorite so far. I can't get over how every album has its own unique sound to it. With so many groups using the same tired sound over and over, it's nice to have artists like TST who can provide so much variety.

03-27-2006 22:07 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

quote:
I had heard that the Chavall Guivera's "Phone Message " to Dave Perkins is a phoney

nope, it's actually real!
03-27-2006 22:41 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

It kind of cracks us up because that phone message voice sounds like the old lady that used to work in our house answering the phone for my dad's business when we were growing up. She sounded exactly the same, and was often as mixed up.

03-27-2006 22:45 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Weeping... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Jerry D. Said, "Yikes! And the dude was a Jacob's Trouble fan, too. Ouch. That's embarrassing. But then again we always were freak magnets. "

Frown

I guess I should stop having cannonballs fired at my jello-belly.
03-30-2006 14:42 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

And while we're at it... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Where the darning heck is Dave Perkins now anyway? I miss that guy's music! And if we can't get Taylor to record a song every once in a decade, can't we at least have Passafist or a reconstituted Chagall Guevara back?

Am I the only dude totally up for this?

Bros??

BROS?!

Whoa, that's stone cold.
03-30-2006 14:46 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

i understood that CG reunited for a wake two or three months ago, and that there was talk of more work together. Was this just rumor?

03-30-2006 15:21 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
luthien1121 luthien1121 is a female
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 06-19-2003

OMIGOSH! I would be so totally up for that! ST was my very favoritist musician for years. He and Terry are both in my top 5. I miss Steve's talent greatly.

03-31-2006 11:11 luthien1121 is offline Send an Email to luthien1121 Homepage of luthien1121 Search for Posts by luthien1121 Add luthien1121 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of luthien1121: luthien1013
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

love CG..would see any incarnation of the members now...
Dave Perkins ROCKS!

03-31-2006 12:23 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
Dave Perkins ROCKS!

I was temping at MCA records when that came out. I filled in for the receptionist while she was on vacation for a week. They had a loud stereo in reception and said I can play any artist owned by MCA. So, I picked CG. The A&R people didn't think much of it. I didn't get any complaints but I did get a lot of eye rolling and sarcasm. I still like the CD. I thought it was pretty good.

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
03-31-2006 13:24 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
It kind of cracks us up because that phone message voice sounds like the old lady that used to work in our house answering the phone for my dad's business when we were growing up. She sounded exactly the same, and was often as mixed up.

That makes me laugh every time! Smile )

03-31-2006 15:40 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
quote:
I had heard that the Chavall Guivera's "Phone Message " to Dave Perkins is a phoney

nope, it's actually real!

Sir Tim -

thank you for that!
you provide a valuable service here on the DAMb - you know!

- do you have a Brother name George?- if your still the same one..that is-

03-31-2006 16:39 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by sprinklerhead
quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
Dave Perkins ROCKS!

I was temping at MCA records when that came out. I filled in for the receptionist while she was on vacation for a week. They had a loud stereo in reception and said I can play any artist owned by MCA. So, I picked CG. The A&R people didn't think much of it. I didn't get any complaints but I did get a lot of eye rolling and sarcasm. I still like the CD. I thought it was pretty good.

Heh.. thats typical. "Promote our artists... no, not those artists, promote our other artists!"

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
03-31-2006 18:04 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

The Taylor nonbrothers are the three corners of alternative Christian Rock (IMO)- Steve, Terry, and Ojo/Joe (from Undercover)

03-31-2006 18:06 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Crazy Fan Letter

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH