Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » another friday! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page another friday! 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I missed Tim too.

I pray things go well for you soon in the job search Theo.

02-24-2006 23:45 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

br-
I missed the man too- and I had no excuse. I as at work and everythng?! (Oops- did I type that out loud??)

I know nothing about melodyland- can someone make me less stupider? - Joey?-.backs?

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
02-25-2006 09:13 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

ditto, theo.
You are coy- when you said you were teaching- I thought you had a "situation"
Will pray for the work you desire-and something thats in Gods timing as well.

02-25-2006 09:14 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Tim
It'll be great to have you on once in a while or more often and ....WHOA! You guys played Secret Agent Man????????.....Dare I ask.....Does anyone have a...........recording?!?!?!?! That would be the kinda fun stuff to have. I gotta believe that someone has recordings of thoes older shows, possibly even on video? Somebody's hold back!

Theo
Hey, I'll be keepin Ya in prayer!! I'm kinda goin through a real slow period in my work right now. I'm doing one week on and one week off, so, keep me in prayer too my friend.
Love Ya & Miss Ya!
02-25-2006 16:27 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Commander Cote
Tim
It'll be great to have you on once in a while or more often and ....WHOA! You guys played Secret Agent Man????????.....Dare I ask.....Does anyone have a...........recording?!?!?!?! That would be the kinda fun stuff to have. I gotta believe that someone has recordings of thoes older shows, possibly even on video? Somebody's hold back!

Someone certainly is. We've been asking for audio and video for the planned "DA History" DVD for years and have only received a couple of things.. there *has to* be more out there...

We have some cool stuff to use for that collection so far.. but not nearly enough to fill up a video.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
02-25-2006 16:32 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
bigdork.2
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 11-22-2004

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
quote:
Tim

Someone certainly is. We've been asking for audio and video for the planned "DA History" DVD for years and have only received a couple of things.. there *has to* be more out there...

We have some cool stuff to use for that collection so far.. but not nearly enough to fill up a video.

I have never seen DA live Crying Crying Crying

02-25-2006 19:18 bigdork.2 is offline Send an Email to bigdork.2 Search for Posts by bigdork.2 Add bigdork.2 to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by bigdork.ORG
quote:
Originally posted by audiori
quote:
Tim

I have never seen DA live Crying Crying Crying

it sounds like you are not a real fan? Red Face

Frown

Tongue

Crying

Cool
02-25-2006 19:34 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

I havent either- Iether- other..well- you get it..................

02-25-2006 22:39 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Pshaw Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've never seen DA live.

I've never seen ANYTHING live.

I'm like that kid from that movie... you know the one... uh... The Omen! Yeah, that's the one.

Booge-dad, boogedad!
02-25-2006 22:42 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
br-
I missed the man too- and I had no excuse. I as at work and everythng?! (Oops- did I type that out loud??)

I know nothing about melodyland- can someone make me less stupider? - Joey?-.backs?

Tim? Joey? .backs? ~ can you fill us in? I just assumed it was something I missed or misunderstood or something since I've been so overwhelmed of late.

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
02-26-2006 23:04 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

I believe they are discussing this (from here ):
quote:
hey terry,

Joey T., I met you in Moses Lake, Chatsworth and Bellingham..... anyways..
Do you remember a mid-80's show at Melodyland in SoCal? There was a "Christian" radio station there and you guys started off playing all secular songs.... then you ended the show by doing "Melodyland is a heck of a land....." Big Grin
I was only in high school then, but it was my first time seeing Da.. I thought it was hilarious, but I think some folks from the radio station and from Melodyland did not..... and then it seemed like I didn't hear about Da playing again for like 4 or 5 years.... Crying Frown Crying
What happened? Were you guys like blacklisted? Frown

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by PuP: 02-26-2006 23:23.

02-26-2006 23:22 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Thanks PuP! I do remember reading that, but it's been a while. Big Grin

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
02-26-2006 23:50 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool RE: another friday! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
"melodyland is a heck of a land")

Classic! Cool

Cool
02-27-2006 00:21 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Gabriel Syme Gabriel Syme is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-135.gif

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

Well, Audiori, I have that one cassette of early/mid-70s demos someone in California dubbed for me back in 1987. It may be too noisy, but PM me if it is the sort of thing you're looking for.
02-27-2006 11:21 Gabriel Syme is offline Search for Posts by Gabriel Syme Add Gabriel Syme to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

THankX aLL and dittos back atchya'll too!

ANd NOW TIM, please begin the MONDAY Thread!!! Big Grin Tongue Roll Eyes Wink
02-27-2006 11:29 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Yeah, really..................I missed Tim, too - must have been because of THIS!!!

Well, maybe we didn't get THAT much snow.......but it felt like it, driving home from work Smile Smile

whooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooo

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

02-27-2006 13:10 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
voxrob
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 09-02-2003

Contributions for history of DA Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The only solid request I remember is the request for video, not really audio. Are you looking for concert audio that hasn't made the rounds? If you're looking for audio as well, post a reqest in the Upcoming Releases section and outline what you have in mind and a few of the things you have already (so people get a sense of what is available already).

If you are looking for audio tapes of concerts, the thing is, I kind of assume that the band is making a soundboard recording anyway -- when DA played in Tustin (I think) around 1993, I just kind of figured they were doing that, as well as on the Lost Dog gigs. If the band has soundboard recordings, audience tapes wouldn't be so great (probably).
03-03-2006 19:16 voxrob is offline Send an Email to voxrob Search for Posts by voxrob Add voxrob to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Dont think the band always does, sometimes the promoters do. At Lifefest we multicamera filmed the shows (Eddies, Mike Roe with Trophy Wives) but couldn't hook into the soundboard because their booking guy at the time was. We edited one of the films together for Mike to use and our audio was bad so he didnt want to use it. Meanwhile the booking guy gave away his recording to people, except us. Roll Eyes If anyone has those shows let us know. (Not bitter, just disgusted.)

A lot of the soundboard audio that floats around the band doesn't have either.

03-04-2006 08:57 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » another friday!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH