Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Daniel Amos Concert - 2006 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Daniel Amos Concert - 2006 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 Daniel Amos Concert - 2006 bigdork.2 01-16-2006 18:32
 RE: Daniel Amos Concert - 2006 dorfsmith 01-16-2006 19:17
 RE: Daniel Amos Concert - 2006 Mark 01-16-2006 20:09
 RE: Daniel Amos Concert - 2006 Eis 01-16-2006 20:41
 RE: Daniel Amos Concert - 2006 dorfsmith 01-16-2006 21:46
 RE: Daniel Amos Concert - 2006 wes berlin 01-17-2006 00:35
 RE: Daniel Amos Concert - 2006 dorfsmith 01-17-2006 08:33
 RE: Daniel Amos Concert - 2006 joey 01-17-2006 09:22
 RE: Daniel Amos Concert - 2006 bigdork.2 01-16-2006 22:26
 RE: Daniel Amos Concert - 2006 audiori 01-17-2006 00:51
 RE: Daniel Amos Concert - 2006 dorfsmith 01-17-2006 09:23
 RE: Daniel Amos Concert - 2006 Mountain Fan 01-17-2006 11:30
 RE: Daniel Amos Concert - 2006 joey 01-17-2006 13:53
 RE: Daniel Amos Concert - 2006 dorfsmith 01-17-2006 21:52
 RE: Daniel Amos Concert - 2006 Mountain Fan 01-17-2006 11:27
 Midwest voice John Foxe 01-17-2006 11:40
 RE: Daniel Amos Concert - 2006 Woggy 01-17-2006 11:59
 RE: Daniel Amos Concert - 2006 tchandler 01-17-2006 12:35
 RE: Daniel Amos Concert - 2006 bigdork.2 01-17-2006 12:56
 RE: Daniel Amos Concert - 2006 wes berlin 01-17-2006 13:33
Next Page »

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bigdork.2
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 11-22-2004

Daniel Amos Concert - 2006 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Daniel Amos Concert Shocked

01-16-2006 18:32 bigdork.2 is offline Send an Email to bigdork.2 Search for Posts by bigdork.2 Add bigdork.2 to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Are you one of the promoters BD?

01-16-2006 19:17 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Any chance this would be in Texas? Tongue

01-16-2006 20:09 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Please oh please oh please oh please... Smile )
01-16-2006 20:41 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Let me guess...Monrovia? Big Grin

01-16-2006 21:46 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith

don't i wish! Big Grin

truth be told....if it does happen the location will be determined later.

01-17-2006 00:35 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

quote:
Originally posted by wes berlin
quote:

don't i wish! Big Grin

Flagstaff would be a great spot Smile ) Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dorfsmith: 01-17-2006 08:33.

01-17-2006 08:33 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by wes berlin
quote:

don't i wish! Big Grin

as long as i can know plenty ahead of time where and when, i'm in for a $100 ticket at least.... Cool
i'm sure some wacky fans from dallas or phoenix or something like that will be buying the $500 ones.... Tongue

Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by joey: 01-17-2006 09:23.

01-17-2006 09:22 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
bigdork.2
Woolly Eggwhisk

Thread Starter Thread Started by bigdork.2

No venue has been determined yet...

This is a serious deal.

For DA to get together and do a concert (not some tent show) at this stage in their career, it’s going to take some real money. If there aren't enough fans that want to help with this, it won’t happen. Frown

We are looking for people that may be interested, no commitments yet. Cool

Are there any?

01-16-2006 22:26 bigdork.2 is offline Send an Email to bigdork.2 Search for Posts by bigdork.2 Add bigdork.2 to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

*If* it happens.. we'll scrape together every dime we can to not only help out with the show, but for video production as well. With the other DVDs that have been done, we've always been severly limited by the master footage. None of them could be perfect, because the masters were always limited in some way.. poor mix or audio flaws, video flaws, age of the video, etc. Surround sound was always impossible because it wasn't recorded that way. But, if this ever happens, we'll plan to do it right from the start.. digital filming & multitrack recording... perhaps a surround sound mix, etc. We've never been able to do that before.

Even the years we've tried to film Cstone shows - there has always been some problem.. we've always been limited as to the sound recording or camera placement or whatever.. not to mention the fact that the entire band was rarely there.

By the way.. we've already got a list of a couple of hundred folks in the California area that are interested in a DA show in the west..

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
01-17-2006 00:51 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Will $500 get me a date with Terry Smile )

01-17-2006 09:23 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:

No, but I bet .Eleanor could take you on a Wild Ride to Golden Dreams Somewhere In The Distance on her Gift Horse for that amount! Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
01-17-2006 11:30 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

no... but $5 will get you a date with el...... Big Grin

Cool
01-17-2006 13:53 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Grand Encephalon

quote:
Originally posted by joey
quote:

no... but $5 will get you a date with el...... Big Grin

Oh, fine then Big Grin

01-17-2006 21:52 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Well, I guess there may well be more supporters on the West Coast, but anything west of the mid-US would pretty much put us out of the realm of actually attending (Cornerstone is a stretch). Crying

If it would likely happen and great plans are made for an awesome DVD, then we would be willing to fork over a little $ to help sponsor. Say at least $200 if it happens this year. Next year we might be in better shape to help more.

Might I also suggest contributors of at least some dollar amount ($100?) that can't attend the show be given a DVD without having to buy it extra?

Also, you might want to think about doing pre-orders on the DVD as a way to help sponsor the show (and overall DVD projet), if sufficient redundancy in recording is made as to avoid all but the worst technical disaster. This might allow additional contributions from those who cannot attend. If you do this you would have to come up with something else for larger non-attending contributors.

Lastly, I wonder how Terry's remarks that something new DA may be possible might figure into this. I would assume most supporters would be interested in a balanced show with material from throughout their career. Would it make sense to time it with a new DA project somehow, even if a CD release were not on the horizon but a few new songs were going to be performed at the concert?

my 2c

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
01-17-2006 11:27 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Midwest voice Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm from the Chicagoland area and would be willing to pony up the $$'s and drive a ways, but not too far, one or two states out. The left coast is definitely out of scope.

I know it will take time and money, but so do recordings. To be honest, I'd like to see the Eddies thing happen first, or simply cancelled, just to get some closure.

01-17-2006 11:40 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

I'm in.........................

SIGN UP if you're interested, folks. You don't have to commit any cash just yet - but I'm sure the promoters only want SERIOUS inquiries Smile

HEY, BEENIE, GET YOUR BUTT ON THAT LIST, HUH??? cuz we're goin', no matter WHERE it is, right????

RIGHT????

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

01-17-2006 11:59 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

um, could someone provide some detail on this? it's the first i've heard about it. FWIW, i don't personally need to make money from this, i just need a plane ticket and some TIME. (i'm working on the time part. i'm in a slightly better position now to have a little bit less stringent schedule.)

if you people are that serious about seeing this band of geezers (speaking for myself) play again, that you'd pay $100 to $500 to see it, then i'll do whatever it takes, whatever i can do. (i was going to make an R-rated joke involving .Eleanor and myself but decided against it. ...what? no. that wasn't the joke. i said R-RATED.)

anyway, BD? audioris? can you fill me in?
01-17-2006 12:35 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
bigdork.2
Woolly Eggwhisk

Thread Starter Thread Started by bigdork.2

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
um, could someone provide some detail on this? it's the first i've heard about it. FWIW, i don't personally need to make money from this, i just need a plane ticket and some TIME. (i'm working on the time part. i'm in a slightly better position now to have a little bit less stringent schedule.)

if you people are that serious about seeing this band of geezers (speaking for myself) play again, that you'd pay $100 to $500 to see it, then i'll do whatever it takes, whatever i can do. (i was going to make an R-rated joke involving .Eleanor and myself but decided against it. ...what? no. that wasn't the joke. i said R-RATED.)

Hey Tim!

We'll send you an email. Smile

01-17-2006 12:56 bigdork.2 is offline Send an Email to bigdork.2 Search for Posts by bigdork.2 Add bigdork.2 to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler

hey tim.

check your email. Smile

01-17-2006 13:33 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Daniel Amos Concert - 2006

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH