Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Loose Ends » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Loose Ends
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Loose Ends Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I never knew this existed. Is this TST's West Coast Diaries?
Anybody got any input?

http://cgi.ebay.com/TERRY-SCOTT-TAYLOR-D...1QQcmdZViewItem

10-25-2005 15:59 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I believe these were done as a "semi-authorized" bootleg a few years ago. It had been set up by Tom G for someone to make these and send some money to Terry. I'm not sure how much Terry actually saw from it though... I think last we heard, he had only seen one check. That may just be because they didn't sell well.. not sure.

It's all stuff that is (or was) available on other relases.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-25-2005 16:24 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Text here is auction info. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I e-mailed him a few days ago... when they were $21 . . . now $56 Shocked

Yes, these are very cool! These were released a couple years ago by a small company called Disc & Dat. They did a bunch of Stunt Approved Bootlegs of various DA related stuff (these were the best). As with most small run releases these were manufacturered on CD-R with very nice printing directly in the disc itself. The artwork it also very well done, with a nice 2 sided insert with information about all of the songs. Feel free to contact me with any further questions.

10-26-2005 09:03 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

somewhere I saw (how was THAT??) a boot labeled

loose ends 3 and 4..
I think its a chopped version of this.

I was in a " less than semi authorized " state at the time to see that- but have since repented..

OK???

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
10-26-2005 09:32 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
somewhere I saw (how was THAT??) a boot labeled

loose ends 3 and 4..
I think its a chopped version of this.

I was in a " less than semi authorized " state at the time to see that- but have since repented..

OK???

my "less than semi authorized" versions are sitting in a drawer somewhere Roll Eyes
10-26-2005 10:36 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

is that the drawer you currently have your ear against?????

10-26-2005 11:21 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Well, I think the intentions were good for these CDRs. They got permission from Stunt...Tom Gulotta. When we saw em we asked Tom and he said Terry did recieve one check at the time.

Personally, I would rather see the material released with some sort of artwork. (Especially in the case of the soundboard shows) and then sold at reasonable prices. I think in the long run Terry/the band would see more money from them handled that way.

The goal after all is of course that Terry can generate enough money to keep producing albums even if he is not funded by a label...and he actually may have more freedom in what he produces not being on a label.

10-26-2005 17:37 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

My big concern about this Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Most of these tracks were previously available elsewhere (Dr. Edward Daniel Taylor, Shirley Goodness and Misery, Alarma & Doppelganger extra tracks...)

While this stuff is cool for folks who didn't get in on the first time, to others this kind of smacks of a neat but hardly essential mix-cd.

I'm cranky.
DwD
10-27-2005 18:24 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

what dw said
10-27-2005 18:36 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Thumb Down! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i really do not want to hear what el has to say about "loose ends"... Mad

Cool
10-27-2005 19:21 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by joey
i really do not want to hear what my lil' El has to say about "loose ends"... Mad

Shocked Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
10-28-2005 15:06 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Thread Starter Thread Started by peawinkel
RE: Loose Ends Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by peawinkel

http://cgi.ebay.com/TERRY-SCOTT-TAYLOR-D...1QQcmdZViewItem

O.K., which of you freaks go by nunyourbw on Ebay?
Let me guess....it's none of my bee's wax.

This item sold for $107.79.

Too bad Terry sees nunovit.

11-02-2005 12:00 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

I would guess the webstore could sell Loose Ends and Alarma Chronicles bookset for at least $50 apiece, maybe $75 considering how crazy prices are getting these days. Crying

I tried to see about getting a select relase I didn't have from the Chronicles and that didn't look too good either. Mad

Got a few miles left ...

11-02-2005 12:04 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

WOW -
I can think of a lot of things to do with a Ben plus..
specailly when its all available..but not in that package.

I'm glad I can just Let it be.....naked!

11-02-2005 12:06 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Administrator

The hope is with the reissue series we're trying to start, bootlegs like this will be unecessary. The series isn't moving along too fast yet, but hopefully it'll pick up speed once we get past the first one. We want to try to get every title in print - keep it in print - and include all of the material previously available so that no one has to track down these weird discs on ebay at insane prices.

We may not use every single track thats included on the Loose Ends discs, but whatevers left over can always be used in the box set that Terry still wants to do - or in an "oddities" collection or something like that.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-02-2005 12:12 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
I would guess the webstore could sell Loose Ends and Alarma Chronicles bookset for at least $50 apiece, maybe $75 considering how beeheaded prices are getting these days. Crying

I tried to see about getting a select relase I didn't have from the Chronicles and that didn't look too good either. Mad

did i mention that i bought my a/c bookset for $29.99 at www.Christiandiscs.com? Smile )

well, that was 5 years ago... when it first came out mind you.... Red Face

and terry signed it in chatsworth... so it's not for sale at any price..... Cool

ok, offer me a million and i might..... Tongue

Cool
11-02-2005 12:14 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Ubique Epoque

Realistically speaking at this point, what is the possible order of releases?

I know there are always licensing issues with some material vs. other, so chronological order may not be best.

From the cash flow standpoint, it seems like DFBB and FS have the highest used CD prices at the moment and physically be easy to do (altough perhaps not legally). And the AC boxset - Wow - how much does a book cost to print anyway and how many would have to be sold at $75 a pop to breakeven on manufacturing costs?

Oh well, don't have to answer that, I'm just a bit frustrated at reality for the moment. Frown Crying

Got a few miles left ...

11-02-2005 12:20 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Administrator

It's still undecided what to do with the Alarma Chronicles... on one hand, it'd be nice to reprint the book set (and even fix a few things).. on the other hand, we really have no idea what that would cost and it also wouldn't fit with our reissue series very well. Theres also the question of bonus material.. if we try to put a bonus disc with each album, I'm not sure what we'd do with the bookset.. unless we did a "companion" set of all of the bonus material that could be sold along side the reissue of the book set.

Not sure...

11-03-2005 03:27 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
It's still undecided what to do with the Alarma Chronicles... on one hand, it'd be nice to reprint the book set (and even fix a few things).. on the other hand, we really have no idea what that would cost and it also wouldn't fit with our reissue series very well. Theres also the question of bonus material.. if we try to put a bonus disc with each album, I'm not sure what we'd do with the bookset.. unless we did a "companion" set of all of the bonus material that could be sold along side the reissue of the book set.

Not sure...

This leads me to the conclusion that I better go ahead and spend $100-$150 to get an AC bookset if I really want it.

Then, I could perhaps buy extras of the individual reissues when they come out in the hopes they will be gone pretty quickly and I can then sell them on ebay for a profit to fund my madness. Frown Big Grin

Also, it may take awhile for the reissue series to come out. Crying

Got a few miles left ...

11-03-2005 11:00 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Attention Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori

Not sure...

Well, how about :
Be sure ALL the auditory material from the AC bookset CDs was included on the individual reissues. Then, reprint just the AC BOOK with the small corrections. Confused

Got a few miles left ...

11-03-2005 11:39 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Loose Ends

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH