Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Catscratch music » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Catscratch music
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by wes berlin
quote:
Originally posted by jiminy

do you know if thats Uncle Terrysinging the theme song ??
sure sounds like him - I'd say yup.

yes it is with carolee doing the high parts.

damb insider!

really- thanks for that Wes~ I told that to both my boys after I played it..one guessed-the other had no clue.....to me its reminicent of "Its the 80s..."

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
09-26-2005 11:58 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

RE: Dorf And Scrim-Nick Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
E-mail me at dunphyetc@aol.com and drop me your mail addresses... I'll send out discs this week.

DW we can swap my stuff for your fine tunage.....

(that was a pre review if I EVER heard one)

09-26-2005 12:01 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by joey

this will always be the first thing that comes to my mind when i hear the words "catscratch" and "music" together.......

Cool
09-26-2005 12:20 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wang dang...

09-26-2005 19:05 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

... sweet ...

speaking of Nugent I heard he's getting a new show where city slicker types do survival things in the woods and then wind up getting hunted by Nugent! It's called WANTED: TED OR ALIVE

http://www.olntv.com/nw/article/view/130...pl&UserDef=true

STAMFORD, CT, (September 12, 2005) – Looking for a crash course in survival and outdoor skills? This November, rock n’ roll legend, wildlife conservationist and big game hunter Ted Nugent is set to debut a new competition-based reality show, Wanted: Ted or Alive, on OLN. The show gives five city slickers the chance to prove they have what it takes to survive a week in the wilderness, competing against one another in challenges of survival and outdoor skill. The series preview premieres on Saturday, November 5 at 8 p.m. ET, prior to OLN’s LIVE coverage of the highly-anticipated PBR World Finals, and can be seen on its regularly scheduled day and time, Saturdays at 10 p.m. ET.

“Ted’s new series is all about competition,” said Gavin Harvey, President of OLN. “Through adventures, challenges and tests of survival, these competitors learn what it takes to be a true outdoorsman, battling the elements, the animals, and each other for the grand prize.”

Nugent, an avid outdoorsman and considered by many as the world’s best guitarist showman, pushes the limits of each contestant as they participate in various challenges throughout four episodes, accruing points in the form of cash dollars along the way. The participant with the most ‘money’ at the end of the week will win a grand prize of $25,000.

In Ted’s game, there are no boardrooms, penthouse suites or five-star rewards. Players are thrown into the wild, forced to live off the land to eat, win and survive with Ted’s tools and by Ted’s rules. Another dose of reality, with a new batch of city slickers willing to test their fate, and their survival skills, in the hands of Nugent will air in January of 2006.

Ted’s challenges include:

• Earn Your Keep Challenges: In these ranch-related activities, Ted gets a first-hand looks at each of the contestant’s work ethic, desire and drive to win, including a test of endurance where contestants must become human scarecrows in Ted’s corn fields; an early morning fishing trip to catch the most weight in fish; and a swamp dive into the depths of black, murky water to retrieve lockboxes filled with cash.
• Training Challenges: These challenges provide an opportunity for each contestant to learn the principles of a survival skill that will then be put to the test to see who has learned the most. Training challenges come with points rewards, and escalate to weapons rewards—a hunting knife, a cross bow, a rifle—that will aid a player throughout the game.
• Big Game Challenges: These multi-part tasks provide the biggest challenges and the biggest rewards, as real-world applications of the skills the participants learn in Training Challenges are put to the test. From being a hunter and killing, skinning and preparing a wild boar to becoming the prey and being hunted by Nugent or fellow players, at the core these challenges are about surviving the competition, surviving off the land, and staying alive.

The first five contestants going head-to-head, with Motor City Madman Ted Nugent holding the reins, include:

• Charlotte, Comedian and Model: Charlotte is originally from Boston and currently living in New York City. She’s very competitive, very chatty, and deathly afraid of sharks. A former Jane’s Addiction groupie, quirky Charlotte’s innocent appearance might fool some into thinking she’s an easy out – until they make her mad.
• Mykela, Retired Soldier and Model: Mykela is from Birmingham, AL and currently lives in Los Angeles. She is a retired sharp shooter who left the military to become a model and an actress. Beauty aside, as a trained soldier, Mykela may have what it takes to win over the challenges, and The Nuge, for the ultimate grand prize.
• Shannon, Events Coordinator and Wardrobe Assistant: Shannon is originally from a small town in Florida, and currently lives in West Hollywood, CA. A kooky party girl, Shannon loves to play poker long into the night, and is terminally clad in tank tops and trucker hats. She’s one of the boys, and although she’s afraid of the ocean, she’s not afraid of bugs, which may help her chances at winning the grand prize.
• Joey, Disc Jockey: Joey grew up near Oakland, CA and is currently living in ‘hardened’ Los Angeles area. In addition to playing records, he’s a self-described player himself, and intimidates people with his 5 ft. 5 inch physique – which is covered with tattoos. He loves music and women, he works at strip clubs, and he’s very close with his family. If there’s a camera on him, he’s likely to succeed.
• Carl, College Student: Carl grew up in San Jose, CA, and is currently studying environmental psychology and drama the University of California at Irvine. He is a roller figure skater, he likes to dance and he used to sell shoes at Nordstrom. Carl is most likely to succeed at Mountain Dewing people off. He is eccentric and manipulative and hates people who lie and people who use big words incorrectly. This shady character may be just what Ted is looking for in a city slicker turned outdoor survivalist.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
09-27-2005 11:29 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by DwDunphy
Hmm Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ted's okay, I suppose. Never had much to do with his music or ideology or somesuch, but he never ran anyone over with a cement truck, so that's something. He's just a tad obstreporous.

Is Carl going to hunt me down for that one?
DwD
09-27-2005 21:59 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Ubique Epoque

RE: Hmm Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Ted's okay, I suppose. Never had much to do with his music or ideology or somesuch, but he never ran anyone over with a cement truck, so that's something. He's just a tad obstreporous.

DwD

Big Grin

Overall, I consider Ted an above average musician (although not stellar) and fairly stable for a rock star persona. Also has more common sense than many in the entertainment and political arenas. Big Grin

obstreperous

ob·strep·er·ous Pronunciation (b-strpr-s, b-)
adj.
1. Noisily and stubbornly defiant.
2. Aggressively boisterous.
[From Latin obstreperus, noisy, from obstrepere, to make a noise against : ob-, against; see ob- + strepere, to make a noise (of imitative origin).]

Got a few miles left ...

09-28-2005 11:04 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Tongue! RE: Hmm Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
quote:

DwD

Big Grin

Overall, I consider Ted an above average musician (although not stellar) and fairly stable for a rock star persona. Also has more common sense than many in the entertainment and political arenas. Big Grin

obstreperous

ob·strep·er·ous Pronunciation (b-strpr-s, b-)
adj.
1. Noisily and stubbornly defiant.
2. Aggressively boisterous.
[From Latin obstreperus, noisy, from obstrepere, to make a noise against : ob-, against; see ob- + strepere, to make a noise (of imitative origin).]

i had no idea what that word meant..... Tongue

Cool
09-28-2005 11:24 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Ubique Epoque

RE: Hmm Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

did you notice it was misspelled? Tongue Big Grin

i had no idea what it meant either Red Face

Got a few miles left ...

09-28-2005 11:27 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Tongue! RE: Hmm Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
quote:

did you notice it was misspelled? Tongue Big Grin

i had no idea what it meant either Red Face

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=obstreporous

another big word most of us dambers don't understand.....

Cool
09-28-2005 11:31 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

Ted is frankly a brilliant player. Anyone who could make a Byrdland sing like that deserves applause. I know he gets a bad crap as the wingnut bow hunter - but he's paid his dues, and is a rock icon who frankly can outplay most kids out there today.

09-28-2005 12:07 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i had a college roommate who went bowhunting with him in alaska and said it was surreal....
but he was a real nice guy...
i also heard that he is totally clean and sober now... has been for years...
so whats so bad about shooting flaming arrows into your audience anyways??? Confused Shocked Tongue
terry and ted should do a record together......to get this back on-topic... Wink

Cool
09-28-2005 12:19 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

Ted n' Terry.

Treble Live Gonzo! "See this here guitar!"

09-28-2005 12:51 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i'll put in fifteen for the pre-order now........ Big Grin

Cool
09-28-2005 13:00 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

I saw Ted (as an Amboy Duke)

along with Cactus and Mike Pinera (of Iron Buterfly backdrop)

billed together-the show was hyped with a Battle of the guitars finish

Mike held his own- only to be outslashed by Ted literally rolling around on the floor in his snakeskin pants-playing til they nearly started on fire..
he crawled on his knees- still playing-til he was able to cradle his Les Paul against his thunderous amp (could have been a marshall- not sure) and slithered off the spotlight..... leaving it to screeech in our ears til the house lights came on and a roadie shut it down

though I know Terry and ted could do better than that..how I've yet to imagine

09-28-2005 13:41 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by DwDunphy
Dorf, Scrim-Nick & Jiminy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Your discs went out today, so you should be receiving mini-slabs of homemade goodness soon. The tracks are:

1. Intro
2. Secondhand Home Movies
3. Everyone's The Hero (In Their Own Mind)

Tracks 2 & 3 are from "Gibberish", but the intro I whipped up especially for this, just to guide the listener in to what comes next.

Hope you all enjoy.

Now then, to keep this on the up and up, and because I already feel filthy for whoring myself, how long has Catscratch been on? Is it part of the new season (meaning only a few episodes have aired), or has it gone on longer? It would be interesting to see if Nickelodeon proposed a DVD release once the season's completed.

DwD
09-29-2005 11:15 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

DW
- I need to burn a batch..artwork pickup at lunch..should be in 2morrows mail
THANKS!

Catscratch first aired like July 12th (or so..?)
so there have been I wouldl say ..maybe 6 to 8 episodes??-I taped the first two or three..but busy times..
Anyway as far as a DVD..I am not sure if cartoons take that route- hope so!

You MuSt at least hear the theme song- its Terryific!

09-29-2005 12:33 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Yeah cartoons do the DVD route.

From Tennapel.com;

Nielsen Cable TV Programs (Sept.-Oct.)

1 NFL Regular Season
2 NFL Primetime
3 Halloweentown II: Kalaba
4 WWE Entertainment
5 WWE Entertainment
6 Nip Tuck
7 Coll Ftbl-Mon Prime
8 MLB Fri Night -
9 Movie, USA (2 Fast 2 Furious)
10 Spongebob
11 CATSCRATCH

Yes, it's true, we are the 11th most watched program on cable. This is for all ages. If you measure only our target demographic 6-11 year olds, we're NUMBAH ONE! I'm only telling you this because I'm not a humble man...

10-12-2005 09:39 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
Yeah cartoons do the DVD route.

From Tennapel.com;

Nielsen Cable TV Programs (Sept.-Oct.)

1 NFL Regular Season
2 NFL Primetime
3 Halloweentown II: Kalaba
4 WWE Entertainment
5 WWE Entertainment
6 Nip Tuck
7 Coll Ftbl-Mon Prime
8 MLB Fri Night -
9 Movie, USA (2 Fast 2 Furious)
10 Spongebob
11 CATSCRATCH

Yes, it's true, we are the 11th most watched program on cable. This is for all ages. If you measure only our target demographic 6-11 year olds, we're NUMBAH ONE! I'm only telling you this because I'm not a humble man...

So, the only cartoon ahead of it was Spongebob? Wonder if spongebob will get catscratch fever too?

Got a few miles left ...

10-13-2005 11:37 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

that is thrilling news!!!

Whoo Whoo

10-13-2005 12:27 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Catscratch music

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH