Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » When Worlds Collide 2? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page When Worlds Collide 2?
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 When Worlds Collide 2? IMNotCynical 09-03-2005 14:24
 RE: When Worlds Collide 2? DaLe 09-03-2005 16:47
 RE: When Worlds Collide 2? audiori 09-03-2005 18:33
 RE: When Worlds Collide 2? joey 09-06-2005 11:52
 RE: When Worlds Collide 2? brother joel 09-07-2011 11:30
 RE: When Worlds Collide 2? joey 09-07-2011 15:50
 RE: When Worlds Collide 2? Audiori J 09-07-2011 12:46
 RE: When Worlds Collide 2? Ritchie_az 09-07-2011 13:18
 RE: When Worlds Collide 2? Eis 09-07-2011 16:02
 RE: When Worlds Collide 2? joey 09-07-2011 16:17
 RE: When Worlds Collide 2? BigDork 09-07-2011 13:49
 RE: When Worlds Collide 2? audiori 09-07-2011 14:54
 RE: When Worlds Collide 2? Ritchie_az 09-07-2011 16:28
 RE: When Worlds Collide 2? joey 09-07-2011 17:11
 RE: When Worlds Collide 2? Ritchie_az 09-07-2011 17:53
 RE: When Worlds Collide 2? Eis 09-07-2011 19:46
 RE: When Worlds Collide 2? Ritchie_az 09-07-2011 19:50
 RE: When Worlds Collide 2? Eis 09-07-2011 19:48
 RE: When Worlds Collide 2? BigDork 09-07-2011 23:12
 RE: When Worlds Collide 2? Ritchie_az 09-07-2011 23:21
Next Page »

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
IMNotCynical
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 09-01-2005

When Worlds Collide 2? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's been a while since I've dropped by this site.

I was wondering if there are any plans to make any of the songs that were submitted for When Worlds Collide 2 available?
09-03-2005 14:24 IMNotCynical is offline Send an Email to IMNotCynical Search for Posts by IMNotCynical Add IMNotCynical to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Wink Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

...well you don't have to be Cynical about it Cool

09-03-2005 16:47 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There were plans, we never had enough songs and couldnt get more people to commit. And after that have been through many other issues that took higher priority. We have to look at the release as maybe coming out as an EP if we can't get more songs. But its a matter of prioritizing.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-03-2005 18:33 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Shocked Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i'm sure glad i d/l allan aguirres version of wwc when it was available at the scaterd few site.......

Cool
09-06-2005 11:52 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just curious if any of the unreleased tracks will ever be available. It would be cool to get a disc of them, but putting them up for download would be awesome too! If these tracks are in your possession this could be a great way to raise a little money.

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
09-07-2011 11:30 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by joey
i'm sure glad i d/l allan aguirres version of wwc when it was available at the scaterd few site.......

this came on my mp3 player today at lunch...good stuff! Pleased

Cool
09-07-2011 15:50 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Yeah we have talked about the download thing for it, its one of those things where we don't have enough tracks to justify the cost of a full release but yet we want to get them out there. Some are pretty fun.

09-07-2011 12:46 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

What if you took the highest quality (aka "best") of the fan tribute songs and combined them with the unreleased WWC songs, would that be enough for a release?

Just a thought.....

09-07-2011 13:18 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie_az
What if you took the highest quality (aka "best") of the fan tribute songs and combined them with the unreleased WWC songs, would that be enough for a release?

Just a thought.....

I like the idea. And if you just made it a download, those who cared (like me) could get it regardless of whether "big names" were involved. There isn't much overhead to putting something up on bandcamp, is there?
09-07-2011 16:02 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

or since bd is back maybe he could put something together similar to the fan releases? (damb-it, more negative fruit, etc..)

Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by joey: 09-07-2011 16:18.

09-07-2011 16:17 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Like this one?

if you loved here

ok, maybe not that one. (cos it was a dogs tune not a da tune... what do you think I meant? Roll Eyes )

But there were some stand out tunes from those projects. Can you mix a fan tribute with actual recording artists though? The world may never know... (or want to know)

bd

09-07-2011 13:49 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

One of the issues we have with the second batch of songs is that its already largely names that might not be immediately recognizable to the average DA fan. The first disc really had a good balance of both.. Its certainly not the end of the world if we don't get it, but it would be nice.

I had started talking to a few possibilities not long ago.. nothing has come together yet. Chagall Guevara had to decline.. Frown A few others are still up in the air.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-07-2011 14:54 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

One of these days I'd love to get the fan release. I think the concept is cool.

09-07-2011 16:28 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

they were available as a free d/l at bd's site... he may put them up again?
gotta hear carl simmons do God went bowling...good stuff! Pleased

Cool
09-07-2011 17:11 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Ceremonial Kernel

I came in a little late in the game, I believe.....

I'd love to hear it....

09-07-2011 17:53 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

He had them up not long ago; I saw some stuff on facebook about it.
09-07-2011 19:46 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Eis
He had them up not long ago; I saw some stuff on facebook about it.

Didn't know. Maybe I was just mentally late in the game....

09-07-2011 19:50 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

Well, it's a 404 error now. Frown
09-07-2011 19:48 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

it's all still there, just a little harder to find. Tongue

damb it

More Negative Fruit

more dog related...
Ruff Mix

if you look for the zip files you should be able to download each project as a whole instead of all the individual files.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by BigDork: 09-07-2011 23:20.

09-07-2011 23:12 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool

09-07-2011 23:21 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » When Worlds Collide 2?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH